• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim E3 Information Recap Thread [Update: Romances~~~~]

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Blue Ninja said:
You could've used the term "bottom bitch". :lol

In all seriousness, though, I'm probably gonna roll a Nord warrior. Fight dragons, not fuck them.

Considering games like Mass Effect 3 already have their LE announced, it's kind of odd Skyrim's hasn't been yet. The details probably haven't been finalized yet: I'd expect something before summer's end, at the very least.

I'm a Paleontologist, not a fighter.

Gravijah said:
Your username is a goddamn lie.
Theatricality and deception are a Blue Ninja's most powerful tools.

KrEA5.jpg

antiloop

If Bethesda were smart, they would let some of the more experienced Oblivion modders look at Skyrim some time before the release. Maybe they could even let them start modding before the release.

wit3tyg3r

antiloop said:
If Bethesda were smart, they would let some of the more experienced Oblivion modders look at Skyrim some time before the release. Maybe they could even let them start modding before the release.

Or at the very least release the 30-minute demo to us dedicated fans. Maybe including that with the pre-order of their special edition: Pre-order the special edition and get the 30-minute demo now.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I have to hand it to Bethesda... they've got me excited for this. Something I didn't think possible after Oblivion.

Thank christ for some decent animation, finally. I'm sure it'll be buggy as fuck and not half as good as my hype level atm... but I'll take it. Looks like it'll be fun, with cool loot and unique dungeons. Combat is still not anywhere near what it could be, but it's better than anything they've done before. Dragons look pretty awesome, but after cliff racers I remain skeptical. I mean, after that, one must.

Still... really stoked.

wit3tyg3r

Hey! I have some new Skyrim Info! Well, it's somewhat new. Apparently, the PC port of Skyrim will also be getting a better interface! PC GAMERS REJOICE!

Here's the full article:

PC GAMER said:
Bethesda have been answering a few Skrim fan questions on their forums. Game director Todd Howard, lead designer Bruce Nesmith and lead artist Matt Carofano team up to reveal more about Skyrim’s PC specific features. We’ll be getting better textures, “larger render modes,” mod tools and a better interface. Bethesda promise that we won’t see a return of Oblivion’s enormous fonts.

“We’re packing a lot of info on the screen and the whole interface is much less ‘look at giant fonts!’ than, say, Oblivion,” write the devs. “There’s also a lot of “power user” stuff we do with the keyboard from how favourites work, to quick saves, and more that is similar to what we’ve done before in that area.”

“The PC version also gets higher res textures, larger render modes, and a bunch of other effects you can scale up if your machine is a beast,” they add.

We already know that Bethesda plan to release The Creation Kit soon after Skyrim comes out, but the mod tools are one of main reasons Skyrim will be better on PC. Oblivion and Fallout 3 have been completely transformed by the modding community. For modders, Skyrim’s release will be more like the birth of a new platform than a game launch. We eagerly await the first mod that lets us ride a dragon.

“Modding the game and making it your own is very important to us and our fans,” write Bethesda, “so we’re going to keep doing whatever we can in that area.”

The only thing we won’t be getting is a 64-bit specific exe. The game’s due out on November 11 this year. For a good look at Skyrim’s dragons in action, check out the E3 footage, with our scene by scene analysis.

This info came from here.

Yasae

Banned
wit3tyg3r said:
Hey! I have some new Skyrim Info! Well, it's somewhat new. Apparently, the PC port of Skyrim will also be getting a better interface! PC GAMERS REJOICE!

Here's the full article:

This info came from here.
Yeah... I'll believe it when I see it.

I was just about to post that article, but was beaten to the punch ^__^

These are the most interesting quotes from the article IMO.

“The PC version also gets higher res textures, larger render modes, and a bunch of other effects you can scale up if your machine is a beast,” they add.

The only thing we won’t be getting is a 64-bit specific exe.

My PC is basicly 2009-2010 technology. It's an Intel Core i7 2.93 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 1.5 TB HDD, Nvidia GTX 460 1 GB GDDR5. Obviously much more powerful than a 360 and a PS3 combined. Is that likely to be 'beastly' enough to run Skyrim PC with everything up at 60fps? If not I can always turn down the resolution a bit, say to 720p. As long as I get the smoother framerate, higher-res textures and extra effects, I'll be happy. I don't need 1080p.

MrBig

herzogzwei1989 said:
My PC is basicly 2009-2010 technology. It's an Intel Core i7 2.93 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 1.5 TB HDD, Nvidia GTX 460 1 GB GDDR5. Obviously much more powerful than a 360 and a PS3 combined. Is that likely to be 'beastly' enough to run Skyrim PC with everything up at 60fps? If not I can always turn down the resolution a bit.
Obviously anything you do will run better than on consoles but there is no way of know performance seeing as how a lot of the engine is being rewritten

MrBig said:
Obviously anything you do will run better than on consoles but there is no way of know performance seeing as how a lot of the engine is being rewritten

If the 360 version runs at 20-30fps then I expect performance on my PC to be much better, even with everything turned up to max settings. However I guess we don't have anyway of knowing for certain yet.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Are they going to announce a Skyrim CE or what? Amazon having Skyrim for $54 makes me want to preorder that asap, but I'm waiting on a possible CE announcement.

Top Bottom