• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim: new Dawnguard screenshots

Didn't see 'em posted already, figured some people might want to see them.

Sock if cold, etc.

dawn1gpdgx.jpg

dawn2cectw.jpg

Forkball

What's up with the obsession about being a vampire in Skyrim? When they first showed the game, they mentioned it quite a bit and now the first big DLC is based around it. Am I missing something?

Atomski

What's up with the obsession about being a vampire in Skyrim? When they first showed the game, they mentioned it quite a bit and now the first big DLC is based around it. Am I missing something?

Vampires have always been kinda big in Elder Scroll lore.

cstretten

Very original Vampire design... I guess there aren't many to choose from, but really? Might as well have imported the model haha.

Marcus Corvinus (Underworld 2)
1157852-4346012_gal_super.jpg

marcuswip_19_03.jpg

I have no idea, honestly. I've never even wanted to be one, and cured myself of Lycantrophy as soon as I could.

So I'm joining the motherfucking Dawnguard.

So your race changes when you become one of these bat-pires? Is that permenant?

And is that a skill tree for a transformation? Werewolves could have used one of those, too.

Loofy

Very original Vampire design... I guess there aren't many to choose from, but really? Might as well have imported the model haha.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/43212/1157852-4346012_gal_super.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://grassetti.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/marcuswip_19_03.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]At least reference the original design.
Gary Oldman in Dracula.
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/J2M9U.jpg

Darklord

Banned
Vampires... : /

I suppose if I was twelve or a late teen to forty year old female I'd be totally into the vampire thing yes?

It's a sad day when people think demonic, flesh tearing creatures of the night that live off the blood of humans are something for 12 year old girls. Fuck you Twilight, fuck you.

jyoung188

Wow, that crossbow looks badass! I need to get back into Skyrim and do the thieves guild and dark brotherhood quests before this comes out.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account

Being a vampire/hunting them has always been a big part of Elder Scrolls optional gameplay. Being able to be a vampire in Morrowind was huge for the role playing feel of the game.

Vampires... : /

I suppose if I was twelve or a late teen to forty year old female I'd be totally into the vampire thing yes?

Vampires were cooler in the 90s, you know, like anime. They were sorta like Zombies are now, overused and descending into self-parody, and will outlive their welcome for another 5 years or so.

I'm still baffled by the Twilight thing. It's sad when even Ann Rice's take seems more mature.

On-topic, I am actually hyped for this :p

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I wish they'd patch Skyrim so all vampires would have those glowy yellow eyes like the guy in the trailer. They look no different than average humans as it is now.

injurai

Banned
Looks solid, too bad its xbox timed exclusive. Gives me more time to convince myself I don't really need this.

They really need to up the resolution of their textures. Or not take publicity shots of stuff so close to the camera. The horse and armor is pretty bad.

Only thing that looks half way decent is the last shot and that's probably only because its all shadows. I can't see how bad it is.

Volimar

They really need to up the resolution of their textures. Or not take publicity shots of stuff so close to the camera. The horse and armor is pretty bad.

Only thing that looks half way decent is the last shot and that's probably only because its all shadows. I can't see how bad it is.

Honestly, the textures are awful on my 360. I wish I had a hard drive to install the game on. Aside from all the loading screens and occasional freezes, the textures are one of my few complaints.

I still enjoy the hell out of the game though.

Jac_Solar

Some preview info from IGN. Sounds kind of disappointing, I was hoping for a much, much bigger expansion pack than 15 hours, and some of it, atleast, seems to be a part of the Skyrim main world itself.

"Containing roughly 15 hours of content, Bethesda Games Studios’ Dawnguard for The Elder Scrolls V will give you an all-new way to play."

"This content is integrated into the world of Skyrim, so it’s not a completely separate adventure. With a high level character or one as weak as level 10 you can hear about Dawnguard’s questline by eavesdropping on guards. Considering some of the content, including Castle Volkihar seems to be set to the northwest of Solitude, that’d likely be a good place to look."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/06/e3-2012-skyrim-for-vampires

"With a high level character or one as weak as level 10 you can hear about Dawnguard’s questline by eavesdropping on guards.

Oh god, it'll be like the DLC for Oblivion, with the people in the city half way across the planet constantly talking about Anvil's chapel massacre forever no matter what happens in the game. D:

Top Bottom