• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim not officially confirmed by Bethesda for Nintendo Switch

While Bethesda's much beloved Skyrim was clearly shown during Nintendo's Switch reveal video, the publisher told us today that it's not officially confirming the game just yet. "We're happy to have had the opportunity to collaborate with Nintendo on the video. While we are not confirming any specific titles at this time, we are pleased to announce our partnership with Nintendo and support of the Switch. We look forward to revealing specific games and details in the future," a spokesperson said. Skyrim Remastered is set to launch on October 28 for Xbox One, PS4 and PC; perhaps the Switch will receive a version of the Remastered game at launch?

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-10-20-nintendo-switch-officially-revealed

what ?

Tecnniqe

Banned
Q0eIqsK.gif

lmao!

I was actually pretty hyped at the thought of portable Skyrim, I should've known better than to expect actual 3rd party support on a Nintendo console

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
They're launching the remaster soon, of course they won't confirm other version yet. Plus lately Bethesda confirms things when they're pretty sure of them and obviously Skyrim for Switch is still in works. I"m not sure a non-confirmation is really news.

So this is really like Wii U all over again.

Yeah, as primarily a PC gamer this type of wording seems quite familiar.

Eh to be fair, it's kind of a different matter. It'd be like Valve demoing RDR2 on Steam OS and then Rockstar saying it's not happening.

BiggNife

I really, REALLY would not read too much into this.

I am pretty sure all this means is that they don't have a press release ready yet.

goldenpp72

Considering I was going to buy it on Xbox one and will not be now, I imagine they are trying to stop damaging some sales.

Nags

Banned
Sounds like the partnership is already going well. I wonder how many Bethesda games will actually make it to NX. And how many of those won't just be remasters of old games.

sssssszzzzz

Neo Member
Don't think this is worth a thread.

Skyrim has not officially been announced on Switch, yes. But not a single game has been announced today.

The internet sometimes is a weird place.

This kind of thread feeds trolls though...

Toni

Bethesda today: "We may or may not support Switch development", "We'll see", etc. etc ..

Aaaaand people were saying it was Sony's fault for there not being full mod support on PS4.

Bullshit. Bethesda are fucking divas.

Oh, come on.

It's coming to the system. The Switch is out in five months. Nintendo wouldn't have wasted reveal video time on that game if it weren't launching on the platform.

Bethesda wants you to buy the remaster coming this month.

Nintendo wants to have a big Direct presentation to formally announce games.

Duh.

ultrazilla

PR speak for "please buy the ps4/xb1 ports, then we'll talk about the switch port."

Which is bullshit if true. Bethesda's job is to market the remaster themselves. If they've partnered with Nintendo(Nintendo didn't feature Skyrim for shits and giggles) they had to have known Skyrim would be featured in the Switch reveal. Something doesn't sit right with this.

Top Bottom