• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim review thread. I think they're trying to say it's good.

Shurs

Haunted said:
There's a console version?
Those are my two choices, sadly.

I assume the 360 version is the way to go, on consoles, but then I keep hearing about texture issues.

untitled-322x4e.gif

*edit* Me and my slow posting -.-

just how spoilerish is the gametrailers review?

lucius

I would have thought 10'a from gamespot and IGN because of the hype before the game came out many predicting it would become GOTY, still awesome scores and still might be GOTY.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Metalmurphy said:
just how spoilerish is the gametrailers review?
Intro, lots of dragons, spells, environments and music.

I didn't want to buy it. But my co-worker got me excited and then I started paying more attention to it.

... release day delivery on Friday now. So hyped. Looks amazing!

Fjordson

Shurs said:

I assume the 360 version is the way to go, on consoles, but then I keep hearing about texture issues.
Game looks great on both, but there is a weird texture glitch on 360, mainly with your character's hands. Many people saying it's related to installing to the HDD, but it's still somewhat unclear.

Haunted

Shurs said:

My condolences.

From experience, I'd go with the 360 version by default.

shintoki said:
RPS are good people. Enjoyed their review quite a bit.
They're always quality. Also EDGE.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
WTF? @RPS he has not fought a dragon in his 30 hours??

It's hard to believe since we have seen some youtube videos people fighting dragons pretty early in the game.

Tempting, but I think I'll wait for a sale later this year. Zelda will consume most of my time from its launch until the end of the year and my gaming dollar also has to worry about Rayman: Origins next week.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
"Okay game I guess. 3.9/10"

- EatChildren

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
ilnadmy said:
Wow that's awesome.

And WTF is up with Gametrailers and posting spoilers in all their fucking reviews? Seriously, I've stopped watching their reviews because of that crap.
Well, that's what they usually do. But their video reviews are really well made, although, spoilers are an unfortunate side effect of that.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Sn4ke_911 said:
WTF? @RPS he has not fought a dragon in his 30 hours??

It's hard to believe since we have since some youtube videos people fighting dragons pretty early in the game.
Took me 50 hours to even reach Vegas in Fallout New Vegas...some people go there immediately.

My first time playing oblivion, I avoided the first scripted oblivion gate for dozens of hours, the sort of place most naturally see within 2 hours.

Ranger X

Is it just me or the ratings are through the fucking roof with every major games this fall?

It's either we have the best fall season ever (I hope so) or gaming journalism is now confirmed a complete joke.

DeSo

Banned
Oblivion reviewed well too and I didn't care for that. Loved Morrowind.

Guess I'll pick this up in a few months.

Leonsito

Ranger X said:
Is it just me or the ratings are through the fucking roof with every major games this fall?

It's either we have the best fall season ever (I hope so) or gaming journalism is now confirmed a complete joke.

It can be both, this generation has overhyped everysingle game that had a huge marketing push behind.

A lot of this years 9/10 games are a 6 or 7 imo.

Seanspeed

Banned
Ranger X said:

Have you played any of the games and disagreed with the scores they've gotten?

bob page

Jesus Christ.

I wasn't a fan of Oblivion but there's no way I can pass this up. Must...finish...other games...first...Urgh

I usually buy on 360 for multiplatforms but if it's having issues installing to the HDD then I'm not sure... my 360 is loud as hell when reading off the disc.

Feature

Banned
Fuck I need this game, but I'm on the PS3 with 3.55 CFW so I have to wait a bit longer till I can play it on my PS3 :( Game sounds fucking awesome!

ScOULaris

Every time a Bethesda game comes out, all of the hype and promise starts to make me want to buy it. I remember my disappointment with their previous titles, but something always convinces me that things will be different this time. Skyrim looks awesome, but so did Oblivion and fallout 3. I HATED Oblivion, and Fallout 3's jankiness got to me after a while.

I think I'm gonna wait on this one. Maybe these types of games just aren't for me, even though on paper they sound amazing.

lucius

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I am totally getting caught up in the hype for this game. I just hope it doesn't suck like Oblivion did.

Majukun

maybe after zelda and a bounch of games i still have to finish,i'll buy this..but i'll wait for the first 2/3 patches...series is always been a mess of bugs

Effect

This is making the decision not to get the game now all the more frustrating. I hate having a budget sometimes.

Tucah

you speak so well
My hype for this is at an all time high despite not being the biggest fan of Oblivion (but Morrowind is one of my favorite games ever). Bring on tonight, need some more Elder Scrolls in my life.

fuenf said:
there's a comparison video between the 360 and ps3 version on the german 4players site http://www.4players.de/4players.php...lls_V_Skyrim/PS3Xbox_360_Grafikvergleich.html . textures seem to be better on ps3 but it's suspicous that almost every european publication (even the pc magazines) got the 360 version to review.
It's nothing major at all but I can see the difference, I'm glad I switched my pre-order over to PS3 after hearing the texture problems on 360 in the OT.

Cheech

Feature said:
Fuck I need this game, but I'm on the PS3 with 3.55 CFW so I have to wait a bit longer till I can play it on my PS3 :( Game sounds fucking awesome!

Damn that's old. Why haven't you updated? I wouldn't be surprised if you'll lose the ability to play new Blu Rays soon. Gotta keep that key updated.

ttocs

I keep hearing about the 360 texture issues but haven't seen any coverage on it. Is it still just a minor issue some people are experiencing or is it something that is more wide spread?

Top Bottom