• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim SE broken on Xbox (unless you payed for AE)

93xfan

Banned
It freezes on the Home Screen. Even after a reinstall. Anyone else?

Edit: it’s not happening for everyone, but it certainly is for some. Been an issue for over a month. Unacceptable

Found a few threads like this too:

I’m on Series X btw

Last edited:

Amaranty

Don't have this issue, but the game doesn't function properly when the console is set to run at 120Hz. I get stuttering, when I move the camera and some of the NPCs also stutter, when they move around.

93xfan

Banned
The latest patch breaking the game for a few user is a lot different than "the game is broken on Xbox" but whatever, I just though that was funny.

Fair enough. Title was a misstep as I tried to resolve multiple issues with Xbox customer support. Love my Xbox, but hate their customer service.

Edit: Since it was at the title screen, and not loading personalized saves yet, I assumed it’d be more widespread (especially with it persisting after a an erase and reinstall of the software as well as restarting the console).

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
It freezes on the Home Screen. Even after a reinstall. Anyone else?

Edit: it’s not happening for everyone, but it certainly is for some. Been an issue for over a month. Unacceptable

Found a few threads like this too:

I’m on Series X btw

Imagine play this thing in Ps3 🙊🙊

• LOL
Reactions: Isa

Isa

Gold Member
Sorry to hear that, I noticed that others were complaining about the issue in the Xbox Store. Actually dissuaded me from purchasing it. Hopefully they get it sorted.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Because it’s just a DLC pack of mods.
The official release claims "adds a whole lot more than [the DLC in SE], with every bit of Creation Club content created over the last decade".

It's still first party published. Gears 5 with Hivebusters is on GP. It might be a one off, or it could be a direction they take the service.

ManaByte

Gold Member
The official release claims "adds a whole lot more than [the DLC in SE], with every bit of Creation Club content created over the last decade".

It's still first party published. Gears 5 with Hivebusters is on GP. It might be a one off, or it could be a direction they take the service.
None of the Forza DLC is part of GamePass. The Back 4 Blood isn’t either. DLC isn’t part of GamePass and never was. Not sure why you’re trying to derail this with that.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
None of the Forza DLC is part of GamePass. The Back 4 Blood isn’t either. DLC isn’t part of GamePass and never was. Not sure why you’re trying to derail this with that.
Derail the thread about a bug that doesn't affect 99% of players and was probably made in bad faith? My bad, feel free to get back to that.

FWIW, I've only had game pass a month so I didn't realize it doesn't include DLC packs for first party games (Forza). I never asked about third party DLC. This isn't exactly "DLC" though, it's a new release which by the looks of titles in the service, they usually update to have the latest version for first party games. I didn't think I was asking an offensive question or something that would hurt anyone's feelings.

Deerock71

the elder scrolls GIF
Microsoft Nod GIF by Xbox

DaGwaphics

FWIW, I've only had game pass a month so I didn't realize it doesn't include DLC packs for first party games (Forza). I never asked about third party DLC. This isn't exactly "DLC" though, it's a new release which by the looks of titles in the service, they usually update to have the latest version for first party games. I didn't think I was asking an offensive question or something that would hurt anyone's feelings.

No worries. Most games on GP you get the basic standard version of the game. There are some exceptions though. Like with gears, and SoD2 (but I think all versions got upgraded on that one). There are some where upgraded versions of games get added (like the Hitman trilogy) where they've wrapped in a lot of dlc that had been a separate purchase.

smbu2000

From the negative reviews on the MS store page it seems like AE is the version that’s causing issues.
That’s what stopped me from buying the “upgrade” version for the SE I already own during the last sale.

My wife hasn’t had any trouble playing it recently(this month) on our XSX. Not sure what patch version it’s on though. (My save is on pc so I haven’t tried the xbox version.)

Didn’t they release a 1.23 patch recently?

ManaByte

Gold Member
Actually it is, it's mentioned on several of these posts when I just flipped through a couple. Turns out you were full of shit the whole time, I just didn't know where to look.

Dude those Flight Simulator updates are NOT paid DLC. Don't say someone is full of shit when you're trying to troll GP without knowing what you're talking about. They're patches to the game to add new international cities and they're free updates.

GP only has the base Flight Simulator. If you want the version with all of the planes you have to pay for them. Same thing with Forza Horizon.

Top Bottom