• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skywind (Morrowind overhaul in Skyrim engine) Trailer 2

Lingitiz

Trailer 2

Looks like it's shaping up pretty nicely. I'm still pretty skeptical but it seems like they're really going all out with this and trying to fully remake the game.

(lock if old)

Jibbed

Overhaul is definitely the right word... damn. Bethesda could release this as Morrowind HD and nobody would suspect a thing.

82998597.gif

What are pants.

I have forgotten.

Turbo

Neo Member
Wow, as my title stated, so hyped.

Considering that this is a joint workbench with other mod makers, I guess other mods will be easy to use as well. This will be such a great time waster (referring to the other mods btw).

Apparently 500+ hours spent on modded Skyrim wasn't enough.

I got nearly 300 hours out of the mediocre Xbox 1 port of Morrowind. I shudder to imagine how Skywind will turn out.

bengraven

Recently installed Morroblivion and it's barely better looking than the Overhaul, but plays much better. I'm extremely excited about this eventually working though.

Helveck

Neo Member
Mods or no mods, watching video's like these makes me want to go back and play Morrowind all over again on my original Xbox.

Followed by KOTOR... Don't ask how that suddenly came to mind, because I couldn't tell you.

BouncyFrag

It's not Morrowind without cliff racers. I didn't see any, but I skimmed. Reserving judgement.
They're probably upgrading them. Hopefully to breathe fire and to be ridden by scamps who will pelt you with their....you know. I wouldn't mind a quest line where you assist Jiub
in eradicating them

Adaren

Morrowind has by far the most interesting and immersive story/world in the series. Hope this project goes to completion.

eot

Banned
How are they planning on getting all the NPCs and quests in there? Unless they can import most of the data it seems like it'd be an impossibly huge task to fully recreate a game like Morrowind.

JoeBoy101

Sweet Jesus.

I'm over when this gets released. What impresses me most is the firm design principles that have in mind. The armor edits, especially that unbelievably badass looking glass armor, really look better than some of the released games' armor (Skryim's release, obviously).

But the update creature models are really surprising. The Golden Saint, the ghost, the Ogrim, they all look fantastic.

Dark Octave said:
Really cool and amazing work but what happens when the next official ES game takes place in Morrowind? Oops!

Two problems with that.

1) The lore has Morrowind's (also known as Vardenfell) Red Mountain erupting and pretty much make the island an unbreathable wasteland. Sure, the main province can be used, but they can't really re-tread the past places.

2) Its my understanding that the current plan is a game focusing on each province. If anything, I'm praying for Elsweyr. After the frigid north, I'm up for the hot deserts and warm savannah. Though Black Marsh could be cool too.

This is incredible. Zenimax/Behesda should officially back these guys and help them release it as a standalone on consoles. I'm pretty certain it would sell more than enough to cover the costs involved.

sirap

I'll be honest, some of the lighting in the early parts of the vids looked really dodgy.

But damn, that soundtrack. They need to release that in a compilation, sounds amazing.

cirrhosis

How are they planning on getting all the NPCs and quests in there? Unless they can import most of the data it seems like it'd be an impossibly huge task to fully recreate a game like Morrowind.

I think that's what they're doing. You'll need the original data files directly from a Morrowind installation. No clue how exactly the conversion process would go from there.

I'm pretty sure I read that is what they're planning to do but didn't make a note of the exact source.

Alchemy

This has me nervous. The video made it sound more like a fan attempt to update the entire package instead of just the visuals which is what I was really hoping for. Could be great, but so many developers being online volunteers building their own stuff instead of just updating older stuff sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Hoping for the best.

Simzyy

Been following this project for a while now. I hope it doesn't take years to fully realize. I have a lot of admiration for the PC community who do stuff like this. Really really cool. Can't wait to play it.

There was a preview version of Skywind. It was mostly useful for just scouting around and getting a feel for how Morrowind would work out using Skyrim's engine.
For the most part it played nicely with my mods.

Kinda wish I had bothered to take more pictures. I only have a couple.

The preview isn't available for download anymore however.

Vaalsaent

Neo Member
I never got to play Morrowind when if first came out, and when I tried to go back, the graphics had aged so poorly that I couldn't take it. This overhaul was exactly what I wanted - I find the Morrowind aesthetic is gorgeous when the graphics are up-to-date.

Slermy

This is incredible. Zenimax/Behesda should officially back these guys and help them release it as a standalone on consoles. I'm pretty certain it would sell more than enough to cover the costs involved.

That would be neat, but can you imagine the legal mess this would be? It's being made by a community, not a few individuals. How would you even sort out payment?

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
This is amazing (though I wish the narrator wasn't so angry) and I love the dedication it seems these guys have. I will definitely follow the development of this.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Wow they are putting a shit tons of works on this "overhaul", it is like they are trying to make a new game.

Woorloog

Banned
Not sure what interesting there is in this. Better graphics and that's it. You can't use awesome Morrowind mods with this, and Skyrim's game mechanics are no better, and even worse at times.
Oh, they're doing pretty great job at remaking the assets but... eh.

Top Bottom