• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition Coming to XBO/PS4 on 10/14/14

Vashetti

Banned
So close to the GTA V re-release isn't going to do it any good.

Also, I forsee some games getting moved out of October, it's so packed.

might as well call this Sleeping Dogs HD Edition, both console versions were sub-HD, 360 was in 1200x720, PS3 was in 1152x640

Played this start to finish thanks to PS+, will show my support by buying this day one. Never played the DLC.
Yay more last gen remasters for my current gen console. So exciting, who wants new games?
Yay, more bitching and crying about another remaster. How about we get remasters and new games? Win win situation.

Sleepy Dogs! I grabbed the PC version during the Steam sale pricing error so I'm not looking to double-dip, but I thought it was excellent and I'm in favour of anything that gives the game more exposure.

The game is amazing and i kinda want the remastered version but i'm not paying more than 30$ for this. It'll eventually drop to 30$ and this is when i will buy it, again.

Amazing game. I played the PC version for 46 hours, bought every DLC and got every achievement the game has.

I'm not getting this version though, I think I had enough.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Love the game but will wait until it's cheap and I have nothing else to play. Must buy for those who haven't played it yet though.

Which has the better story? That's what matters to me most, especially given GTA Online is next to moot given that I'm getting Destiny.

I liked GTAV story, a lot. But I feel I'm in the minority in that regard. Sleeping Dogs story is also great, typical hong kong crime drama but well executed.

In that case, go for Sleeping Dogs.

Ridley327

I take it that this will have the hi-res texture pack as the default, then? It's a really nice-looking game on the PC when you're running those.

Gundy2010

good. 360/PS3 version of this game looks like dog shit and my PC isn't powerful enough. Let's see if it gets a decent price drop on Black Friday

$60 for a year plus old game?

tumblr_n9nmyoj1Cz1tf331lo6_250.gif

gooface

Banned
We need some new games Square Enix... I already have this and Tomb Raider on PC.. Please give me something new...

$60?
They've been pretty much giving it away during sales and I got all the dlc last year for less than 3 euros.
These ports are easy money for publishers since the existence of a PC version already provides all the higher quality assets, I just hope they give it a decent price so more people get to enjoy this excellent game.

Sir TapTap

$60? Are they joking? Got it for $15 on Steam two sales ago with all the DLC.

It's really more fair to at least compare it with MSRP on steam. I'm sure it's still under $60 *checks* $40, so yeah. $40 or $50 would make sense for a retail release on a new console. Artbook is a nice gesture though.

Loxley

Well this is definitely one of the more obscure reaction threads to the news of a game getting a re-release on PS4/X1.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Eh, got it for free thanks to GWG. Not grabbing it again.
This really is going to be the new trend isn't it? Welp, I'm down for Skyrim and Borderlands 2.

Krejlooc

Banned
If this is $60 for a 2 year old port...this is going to bomb.

The PC version was well, well above what the 360 and PS3 versions were. If this is just a straight port of the PC version, I imagine most will consider it on par with the other remasters.

Git a copy new on PS3 two months aho for $6. If they hopefully discount the story DLC I think I don't need this. If they don't then I'll get this in a few years for under $15 to play the DLC.

EL CUCO

As long as people keep buying this stuff, they'll keep cranking them out.

Great game. I Platinumed it on PS3.

But...Would not play again.

Top Bottom