• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition (PS4) - $10 Digital Download

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I picked this up on PS4 during last weekend's Squeenix sale, it's worth the price for sure. I played the original on 360 but didn't bother with the DLC - it's nice to have this time round and it's the best version available on console.

It's pretty bad.

Except it isn't. And if it was, it would be reflected in the user scores on PSN and Amazon. It's clearly a money-grab port, and for that reason alone it wasn't worth the initial asking price, but price aside it's the very best console version of the game and well worth the 10 dollars.

Justinh

I bought this last night because I wanted something to play on the PS4 I just got (even though I have this game already on the 360 and PC). Unfortunately, I bought Bloodborne shortly after this so it'll go just as unplayed as my other two versions.

I do remember having a little bit of fun on the PC version, fwiw...

Lol, I posted this on the PSN OT without seeing this thread. Sorry.

Back to the topic at hand, for $10 I was considering it and then I bit the bullet. It's worth it for that price point imo.

Sure the frames take a dip during the busier times but the PS4 version is definitely the better console version. I'm pretty sure I read that there was graphical errors tho.

It's halfway done installing and I just got done with the first hour. Boy did I miss playing Sleeing Dogs hah.

Should also mentioned that there appears to be a week-wide sale for some games? Battlefield Hardline and both Battlefield 4 Premium editions are also on sale for 50-60% of their original price.

SURGEdude

Pretty bad port with limited updates over last gen, wobbly framerate, and massive screen tearing. But that's a pretty good price for a solid game assuming those issues aren't gonna ruin it for you.

- J - D -

I have this both on pc and ps4. Yeah the framedrops are problematic on ps4 and don't feel like they should happen at all given what the game looks like, but it's still the best-running console version available of a really great game.

J_Viper

I will forever hate SE for cheaping out on this port, but it's still such an amazing experience, even with the shoddy framerate.

$10 is a steal

chaos789

Banned
How is the frame rate etc on PS4 compared to PS3? I already have the game on PS3 but have not even played it and own the DLC too.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I played it on PS3 and found it to be so bland. Nothing about it was bad, but there was nothing that stood out either. I played it for 10-15 hours and can't remember a single thing about it.

chaos789

Banned
I played it on PS3 and found it to be so bland. Nothing about it was bad, but there was nothing that stood out either. I played it for 10-15 hours and can't remember a single thing about it.

Did you play the PS4 version? Trying to figure out if I should ditch my PS3 copy and buy the PS4 version or just keep my PS3 copy.

DLC's good, game's great, but the version's got its problems as mentioned above. For $10 give it a try, but I think the best version is on old-gen

15-30 FPS is unacceptable and not worthy of a purchase.

I agree at $40-$60. Wouldn't buy. But we're talking about $10 here. Obviously not a great port. But I think we should take the price into account when determining whether a game is worth a purchase.

Top Bottom