• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs film coming starring Donnie Yen

Hexa

This news makes me more sad about there not being a sequel than happy about a movie. Still hope it's good though.

pezzie

I love the man but he feels a bit old for Wei Shen? I always imagined Wei to be early to mid 30s, that guys over 50 right?

2San

I love the man but he feels a bit old for Wei Shen? I always imagined Wei to be early to mid 30s, that guys over 50 right?
This is pretty much my reaction. The story doesn't really work if you increase Wei Shen's age.

Spladam

Wow, wow, wow, wow. Soooo stoked. It better include pork bun references though.
Freaking Donnie Yen, effing sweat man.

That's awesome, buuuut I hope Will Yun Lee makes an appearance. (Actor who played Wei Shen)
Will_Yun_Lee.jpg

Neolombax

Was there even a demand for such a movie? It was a fun game to play, but a movie? How would it differ from the other Hong Kong triad movies?

Spinky

This could easily not happen, and it could easily happen and be shit. But if I can't get a sequel, I'll damn well take this.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
If this movie happens, a game will almost certainly follow

That's my thinking as well. Hopefully a full on sequel and not a watered down retread.

IzzyF3

I expect them to have a different main character, or at least rewrite Wei Shen's character quite a bit.

Top Bottom