• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs film coming starring Donnie Yen

Jawmuncher

I mentioned this on twitter. But this is probably being pushed as a film to mainly appeal to the chinese box office. They apparently love Video Game Adaptations over there, for whatever reason. Something like Sleeping Dogs would probably do really well.

Corpekata

Banned
Yeah, he's either not going to be Wei or it's going to be way rewritten. The entire thrust of the main plot of SD involves young characters scrapping for their pieces. Kind hard to show when your lead is in his 50s.

Peroroncino

They closed down the studio, effectively shutting down any hopes for the sequel, and now we hear there's a movie in production of the 'top selling video game'... That is some sadist shit right here for me, since I happen to like SD very much. :/

The setting was unique in video games, but not in movie.

A Hong Kong gangster movie.... there are tons of them already.

It's like Uncharted being made into a movie. Oh wait.....

StereoVsn

Well, hopefully the movie does so well that SE decides to get a game sequel going after all (perhaps bun Eidos).

Yeah like others, I'm assuming the movie's not going to be set close to game, considering Yen's age. But there's definitely potential for some fun - and pork buns!

But this can still be as bad as every other video game movie and I'll forgive it if it led to a Sleeping Dogs 2.

Zero315

Banned
I mentioned this on twitter. But this is probably being pushed as a film to mainly appeal to the chinese box office. They apparently love Video Game Adaptations over there, for whatever reason. Something like Sleeping Dogs would probably do really well.

They also love Donnie Yen.

Yeah, he's either not going to be Wei or it's going to be way rewritten. The entire thrust of the main plot of SD involves young characters scrapping for their pieces. Kind hard to show when your lead is in his 50s.

Have you seen pics of Yen recently? Dude could still easily pull off early 30's.

BTA

The way I said "They're making a Sleeping Dogs movie?" aloud upon seeing this was excited, so I guess that's where I'm at. Don't think I'd react that way for many games but I think Sleeping Dogs would work pretty well.

Have you seen pics of Yen recently? Dude could still easily pull off early 30's.
Was XXX his audition tape?
latest
donnie_yen_xxx_return_of_xander_cage_2017-wide.jpg

Jeffrey

I love me some s_d but wasn't the story basically just any old Hong Kong crime flick?

Feels like donnie has already done this movie a few times in his life lol.

On the plus side this might be the first good square enix movie!

Top Bottom