• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs HD outed by Shopto? PS4/Xbox One/PC

Last gen we got dlc this gen we're getting "HD" remakes of the same games, you want tomb raider and sleeping dogs HD? try stream when it's on sale.

sense

looks like 2014 is going to be all hd remakes just to get everyone caught up for new games from the series to come in 2015 and beyond. mass effect, uncharted, god of war(is this like the 100th hd collection) gears of war are all likely to be announced soon imo

MilesTeg

Banned
Game already looked and ran fine on old gen, so meh pretty much if true. Although if they throw in the loads of DLC for free maybe it might be worth it.

Mega-dino

Neo Member
From all the games that could benefit from an "HD" remake, Sleeping Dogs wasn't the one that came to my mind... I realy don't understand that one...

Awesome game though.

Durante

Remembering the awesome Sleeping Dogs screenshots in the PC screenshot thread, they'll have to work really hard to make an "even more HD" release worth it.

Hmmm. At first, hearing it ported over to Xbox One and PS4, I figured it would just be a simple port over, but if there's a PC version, perhaps there's more to it? We saw what SE did with Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, perhaps something similar is in the works for Sleeping Dogs. Either way, I'd definitely end up buying it, one of my favorite games of last gen.

Here OP:

i6ZrARd.jpg

Zabuza

Banned
Definitely wouldn't mind having this on PS4 in 60fps with better graphics and all the dlc + another platinum trophy.

Stop calling these upgraded rereleases "HD" for fuck's sake.

That worked for the last gen when they were being upgraded from standard definition aka 480i/p, but it literally makes no sense now. And "remaster" is digitally recapturing an analog visual or audio source to make a higher quality digital master. This also does not apply.

That being said, Sleeping Dogs at 60FPS is godly, even though it exposes some of the subpar animation and mechanics, especially when driving.

gorfyako

Banned
This makes sense. We know that Sleeping Dogs 2 (Triad Wars) is in development. Squeenix probably has it penned in for a 2015 release and wants to keep Sleeping Dogs fresh in people's minds with a 2014 re-release.

Camjo-Z

Not a fan of these "remasters" for games that already looked fine last gen, but since Sleeping Dogs was awesome I'd be willing to buy this again... as long as they aren't dumb enough to price it at $60.

they're going to price it at $60

Raptor

This game is glorious going from the demo I played alone, can't imagine how the full game will be fuck!

Please be true!!!

theytookourjobz

Not a fan of these "remasters" for games that already looked fine last gen, but since Sleeping Dogs was awesome I'd be willing to buy this again... as long as they aren't dumb enough to price it at $60.

they're going to price it at $60

Yeah it's definitely gonna be $60 just like Tomb Raider. Game is great but damn if I'm not sick of hearing about full price "remasters" of one to two year old games.

Some Nobody

This makes sense. We know that Sleeping Dogs 2 (Triad Wars) is in development. Squeenix probably has it penned in for a 2015 release and wants to keep Sleeping Dogs fresh in people's minds with a 2014 re-release.

Also a possibility. If Triad Wars news accompanied a Sleeping Dogs re-release...I hate to say it, but I'd probably double-dip.

Certinty

Amazing game and in my top 10 of all time, but I think I'll give this a miss if real, simply not enough content for me to buy it for such a high price and play through it again.

kitzkozan

Wouldn't surprise me at all given recent trends.

- Bayonetta is getting a 1080p / 60 fps makeover on the Wii U.
- Halo master Chief collection
- Tomb Raider
- Metro: Redux (Last light and 2033)
- GTA V
- The Last of Us remastered
- Ratchet and Clank redux which is a remake of the first game XD

It would be the perfect opportunity to bundle all the DLC with it and I would love to see increased traffic density.

One thing they could upgrade for a next-gen re-release: increased crowd and traffic density, which was pretty much the only graphics criticism I heard in various Sleeping Dog threads. I would also assume they would include all the DLC in the re-release.

Based on what Square Enix has been doing lately, though, I'm not expecting much to bring me back on PC, though I loved the game to bits.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Seems a bit of an odd choice. Would rather they starve me of Sleeping Dogs until Triad Wars is out. Would make it that much sweeter.

Top Bottom