• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs HD outed by Shopto? PS4/Xbox One/PC

Wouldn't surprise me at all given recent trends.

- Bayonetta is getting a 1080p / 60 fps makeover on the Wii U.
- Halo master Chief collection
- Tomb Raider
- Metro: Redux (Last light and 2033)
- GTA V
- The Last of Us remastered
- Ratchet and Clank redux which is a remake of the first game XD

It would be the perfect opportunity to bundle all the DLC with it and I would love to see increased traffic density.

Bayo 1 is 1080p on wiiu?

Some Nobody

Not a fan of these "remasters" for games that already looked fine last gen, but since Sleeping Dogs was awesome I'd be willing to buy this again... as long as they aren't dumb enough to price it at $60.

they're going to price it at $60

Presumably it'd be $60 but include all the DLC, which was actually rather plentiful. The zombie thing, the martial arts island, the spy car, and then the police DLC. If they tweaked some of the game play on top of it, I'd pay $60 for that.

Maybe it's not actually called "Sleeping Dogs HD" and it's just a complete edition with all the DLC on PC.

I hope it gets a Tomb Raider-like makeover, though.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Ill never understand why Square Enix didn't just wait a month and release the Deus Ex Human Revolution Directors Cut on PS4/X1.

I bet they would have sold more on those platforms than on PS3/360

But I digress.

foxdvd

while I actually love all these HD version, I have no plans to buy them at full price. They are out of their minds AND taking advantage of a drought of games. Why I love this is because those prices will drop to below 20 bucks fast, and it gives me something to buy and play when things slow down.

Yeah, I'm gonna need to see some comparisons if this is real. The PC version maxed out already looks leagues better than the PS360 versions, so I honestly can't see what they would change there. Or why they'd rerelease/relabel the PC version.

Maybe... multiplayer? Nah.

kitzkozan

That'd be lovely but it's not 1080p.

So it's a slightly "better" version than the 360 one. :p It's too bad about the lack of 1080p then, although understandable since the Wii U doesn't pack the power of the PS4 / Xbox one. No excuse for Sleeping Dogs however lol (high res textures already used for the PC version).

Ade

Please be true.

DLC was fantastic and deserves to have been enjoyed by more people.

..and yeah, fuck Dogeyes

HD version for PC? Lmao!
Hell, calling ports of the past gen HD is already stupid, they might not have been 1080p but this implies that they weren't HD in the first place.

Anyway, one of my favorite games of last gen.
The PC version is almost free during sales these days, that price tag is hilarious.

SoulClap

I hope the amount of visual upgrades they put into this title is equivalent to the work done for Tomb Raider Definitive Edition. Otherwise this might be the dumbest HD remaster (at least on PC).

Yeah, I'm gonna need to see some comparisons if this is real. The PC version maxed out already looks leagues better than the PS360 versions, so I honestly can't see what they would change there. Or why they'd rerelease/relabel the PC version.

Maybe... multiplayer? Nah.

Tomb Raider Definite Edition>PC 4k edition

They have so many things to rework/update and people can only think of resolution.

cDnYjv0.jpg

It's not as HD as 1080p. I didn't name the game lol.

Lol I know. Wasn't specifically replying to your comment, just using it as an example. But 1080p isn't as HD as 1440p. 720p is the baseline of high definition, so it's just silly that they would brand it like that. Now if they would call it the Full HD edition..

Epcott

I'm ready to be a whole man with HD pork buns.

Speaking of Triad Wars, SE didn't show anything DE related either, or did I miss something?

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Just realised as well as getting the game for £3 odd on PC, I've got the game on PS+ and Xbox Live 'Games with Gold'. Good luck with that price tag.

Nethaniah

They have so many things to rework/update and people can only think of resolution.

cDnYjv0.jpg

That pc shot doesn't look anywhere near ultra.

Also pc version can be played in any resolution you want instead of being forced one, and at any framerate unlike console versions.

just no

"Running with the ultimate preset enabled and the original TressFX in action, it's clear that the Definitive Edition delivers an upgrade in select areas, but fails to trump the PC game in all respects. Certainly, when it comes to running at 1080p60 - or with even higher resolutions and frame-rate - no other platform can truly offer a PC-beating experience."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...b-raider-definitive-edition-next-gen-face-off

Nethaniah

just no

"Running with the ultimate preset enabled and the original TressFX in action, it's clear that the Definitive Edition delivers an upgrade in select areas, but fails to trump the PC game in all respects. Certainly, when it comes to running at 1080p60 - or with even higher resolutions and frame-rate - no other platform can truly offer a PC-beating experience."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...b-raider-definitive-edition-next-gen-face-off

''PlayStation 4 users get a comfortably delivered 1080p presentation backed up with a post-process FXAA solution'' says it all.

you must be one of those people who thought the xbox 360 version of crysis also looked as good as the pc version because they upgraded the only bad texture in the game (famous rock texture)

Top Bottom