• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs HD outed by Shopto? PS4/Xbox One/PC

Akai__

I wonder, if this will get a release in Germany or if I have to import it again? Sleeping Dogs just recently got unbanned here, but the DLC is still not available.

Ascenion

Totally double dipping. Can't wait to start yelling like Bruce Lee again freaking out my roommate. That release date though.....why is everything in October-November? I'm guessing gamescom announcement with triad wars maybe?

Khrno

theres alot of DLC so pc hd version still makes some sense.

No, that makes 0 sense. It makes sense if it's called GotY, or Complete Edition or Enhanced Edition, or something like that, but HD, seriously?

PS4 and X1 versions are completely understandable and very welcome, but re-releasing the PC version like that, it should include all the DLC and be cheap, as in £19.99 or less.

Mozendo

They are releasing a PC version? Better be a free upgrade for those with existing copies.

If the game adds new features I doubt it'll happen.
People will probably get a coupon like what happened with Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut

Ryaaan14

Banned
Eagerly awaiting the PR behind HD PC release. I feel really sorry for the poor motherfucker getting paid a shitty hourly wage having to type that one up.

Nestunt

tumblr_mo9qqspNVN1r9zdybo1_500.gif

He would be happy

InsanityPrelude

Neo Member
Totally double dipping. Can't wait to start yelling like Bruce Lee again freaking out my roommate. That release date though.....why is everything in October-November? I'm guessing gamescom announcement with triad wars maybe?

I'm gonna have to start saving as from next month! (Steam will undoubtedly obliterate my bank account this month)

HoodWinked

No, that makes 0 sense. It makes sense if it's called GotY, or Complete Edition or Enhanced Edition, or something like that, but HD, seriously?

PS4 and X1 versions are completely understandable and very welcome, but re-releasing the PC version like that, it should include all the DLC and be cheap, as in £19.99 or less.

yup you're right it makes absolutely zero no sense at all of course its not coming out on the other platforms besides pc....

But the game already looked great on PC (and still does), why would it need an "HD" remaster.

Id they are adding even more missions and making better the dating aspect, im fucking in like a meat bun. It's one of my favourites open world games with Saint Row 3 and IV.
Also how I can say no to the original Bully creators.

Son Of D

I'm willing to guess that the "HD" name is placeholder. And it'll be called Definitive Edition or something like that with DLC included and new models.

Kydd BlaZe

Already own this on 360 and PC, but I will definitely triple dip.

Really curious to see how this runs on X1/PS4. Game ran like butter on my 780, even in 3D.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
wasn't the PC version already HD? I kinda don't understand this

this topic gives me the excuse to post a SD picture tho
hkship2012-12-2616-230ezj1.png

lmbotiva

this game is so underrated, is amazing, specially the driving, fighintg looks cool but it feels a bit off, have it on PC and it looks glorious so im sure this will look great on the new consoles, if you ever had doubts about picking this up in the past this is your chance to play this game, lots of fun

danthefan

I loved Sleeping Dogs but I just don't think I need a HD version of it really. I played it on PC and it looked perfectly fine. I hope the game does well but I don't think I'll be spending any more money on it.

Portugeezer

I already completed this game on PC, the game would need big improvements and I don't mean just graphically, for me to care.

Kikujiro

Y'all really like buying the same games huh

:lolololololol

Most of the people who actually buy GOTY/Definitive/Complete/Remaster are the one who didn't play the original game. It's not rocket science, there are a lot of people who didn't play Sleeping Dogs.

ruxtpin

Banned
Man, they need to come up with new names. I read the thread title and thought, "I bought that game 2 weeks ago on the PS4, was it not the high-def version?" Yeah... I bought Watch Dogs. Too many dogs out there, dawgs.

You guys do realize that just because you're playing it on PC doesn't mean that is the absolute BEST the game can look right? That's the BEST looking version out of the last gen versions, but I'm sure next gen version is going to have improvements that surpass even the current PC version.

Also, just because you're playing on PC doesn't mean that details that aren't even programmed into the game will show up. Someone has to add those details.

Maybe Sleeping Dogs HD will improve the lighting model and give the city an enormous sense of depth. That's one thing I really wanna start seeing more of on the PS4... GOOD LIGHTING. Look at games like Second Son, The Last of Us and GTA V... the ambient lighting in those games is fantastic. Like how an alley way is going to be darker than in the street (even during overcast weather). I feel like so many games aren't really doing that yet. I don't even think Watch Dogs has advanced ambient lighting like GTA V because Watch Dogs looks really flat to me.

dr_rus

wasn't the PC version already HD? I kinda don't understand this

this topic gives me the excuse to post a SD picture tho
hkship2012-12-2616-230ezj1.png
It was. I guess they'll just pack the free HD textures d/l into retail boxes and port this version to XBO/PS4. Basically zero interest to all who own the PC version already.

MUnited83

For you.
It was. I guess they'll just pack the free HD textures d/l into retail boxes and port this version to XBO/PS4. Basically zero interest to all who own the PC version already.

Pretty obvious that there will be more upgrades to it than just resolution.

Votron

Wouldn't surprise me at all given recent trends.

- Bayonetta is getting a 1080p / 60 fps makeover on the Wii U.
- Halo master Chief collection
- Tomb Raider
- Metro: Redux (Last light and 2033)
- GTA V
- The Last of Us remastered
- Ratchet and Clank redux which is a remake of the first game XD

It would be the perfect opportunity to bundle all the DLC with it and I would love to see increased traffic density.

Definitely NOT 60fps (maybe 1080p though)..based on the gameplay..
Go watch the gameplay and you will see what I'm talking about..

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Already finished this on PC. Was pretty solid game, not solid enough for me to double dip though, unless this "HD" version looks a generation ahead of the last.

Daft_Cat

The PC version being listed makes me think it's a false listing. I doubt this is actually happening.

This thread also reminds me that Triad Wars was AWOL at E3. I wonder if it's in trouble...

Great game, and anyone who hasn't played it yet should definitely pick this up, but all these HD remakes are getting old. I don't want to play games I've already played again.

It really makes me agree with all the people who think console gaming is in serious trouble.

KissVibes

Banned
I wish Square would spend the effort porting GOOD games to these current gen consoles like the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy, Nier, and The Last Remnant.

The PC version being listed makes me think it's a false listing. I doubt this is actually happening.

This thread also reminds me that Triad Wars was AWOL at E3. I wonder if it's in trouble...

I'm betting if not enough people buy this "HD" remaster, they'll cancel the planned Sleeping Dogs sequel(s).

Top Bottom