• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PLAYSTATION 3 "OFFICIALLY" (finally) Announced! Landing on US stores now!

rc213

dorkimoe said:
oh

well then yay! (i dont gameshare)

:D How is Warhawk community doing? I always see this on craigslist for like $10 so I'm thinking of buying again. I'm pretty sure I purchased 2 or 3 of the packs.

Captain N

While I was at Gamestop they were making calls to everyone who pre-ordered them. They got the okay to sell the system today.

dorkimoe

rc213 said:
:D How is Warhawk community doing? I always see this on craigslist for like $10 so I'm thinking of buying again. I'm pretty sure I purchased 2 or 3 of the packs.

its been awhile since i logged in, still one of my favorite games, i just am to adhd to sit down and play it

they kinda killed it with releasing all these expansions instead of making them free and forcing all servers to have them

I want to play with my warhawk addons, yet not all the servers use them, and its hard to find one with the certain expansions activated

vocab

lupinko said:
You'd think that, but no.

No 80 Gigs is plenty. It can fit tons of installs, tons of demos, and tons of PSN games. If you every run out of space you can delete demos and installs. If you get to the point where PSN games are taking up over 50% of your HD, or you store a boatload of music/videos you probably want more space. However, to even get to that point you would of bought well over 50 something titles on PSN.

lupinko

vocab said:
No 80 Gigs is plenty. It can fit tons of installs, tons of demos, and tons of PSN games. If you every run out of space you can delete demos and installs. If you get to the point where PSN games are taking up over 50% of your HD, you probably want more space. However, to even get to that point you would of bought well over 50 something titles.

I have 250GB in mine and that's not enough for me, so w/e.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Jostifer said:
The PS3 Slim actually has a different boot up sound. Direct feed in Gamespot Unboxing (first few seconds):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qIJMBmEAIc

My guess is that this sound will (eventually) be the standard bootup sound on all PS3s via firmware. Seems kind of dumb to have different PS3s out there without a unified OS...

In other news, while i was at Gamestop picking up Batman, my store got in 8 Slims today, 5 were preorders, and they had 3 left over.

HUELEN10

I can confirm that my local kmart is getting rid of the Uncharted bundle for THE INSANE PRICE OF 275 USD! YMMV, but I just thought I would let you all know so you can call.

HUELEN10 said:
I can confirm that my local kmart is getting rid of the Uncharted bundle for THE INSANE PRICE OF 275 USD! YMMV, but I just thought I would let you all know so you can call.

i guess i should check my Target.

Beowulf28

rc213 said:
Its still going strong with a good amount of players.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
HUELEN10 said:

Holy crap thats awesome if theyre all doing it!!! Thats the 160GB Fatty, plus Uncharted, right? WOW!!!!!

HUELEN10

sloppyjoe_gamer said:
Holy crap thats awesome if theyre all doing it!!! Thats the 160GB Fatty, plus Uncharted, right? WOW!!!!!
That's right, and a PAIN voucher too! If you are interested at all, I suggest you call NOW. You have nothing to lose in making a call right?

Amir0x

Banned
Got my PS3 Slim.

I haven't opened it yet - distracted by Batman - but it's actually here. Goddamn there's gonna be a lot of gaming this weekend

belvedere

Junior Butler
Amir0x said:
Got my PS3 Slim.

I haven't opened it yet - distracted by Batman - but it's actually here. Goddamn there's gonna be a lot of gaming this weekend

And with the orchestra tuning crescendo, he was gone...

Amir0x

Banned
I got Killzone 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, Valkyria Chronicles, Uncharted and INfamous

Getting the Resistance titles sometime this weekend, as well as Ratchet.

Gonna get for PSN: Wipeout HD, Fat Princess, Pixeljunk, that Starsomething HD that everybody talks about.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Amir0x said:
I got Killzone 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, Valkyria Chronicles, Uncharted and INfamous

Gonna get for PSN: Wipeout HD, Fat Princess, Pixeljunk, that Starsomething HD that everybody talks about.
Wow, a bunch of fucking awesome titles indeed. Good luck!

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Amir0x said:

Super Stardust HD.

Your off to a GREAT start friend with what you grabbed today. Enjoy! :D

NinjaFusion said:
for the love of god you heartless bastards..... post some god damn impressions and images.

you're all failing miserably.

My friend took a picture of me holding the glory that is the slim 120GB PS3. I felt like a proud father of a newborn.

noah111

Still Alive
Amir0x said:

Holly shit, well done. You basically picked out all the good titles, still quite a few more but great choices. Tons of PSN titles waiting for you too. Where will you even find the time to make up the last 2 years of gaming. :lol

DMeisterJ

Banned
Amir0x said:

Your GAF has not failed you. You've picked the best 5 games you could start with for a new PS3 owner.

Agent X

Amir0x said:

Looks like you're off to a great start!

Amir0x said:
Got my PS3 Slim.

You are now one of the chosen!

Seriously, if you feel sadistic about score comparisons, put Gaffers Mazyx or Efertlisdotcom on your friends list, you will ALWAYS have a score or time trial time to beat.

Yes! Super StarDust HD will make your eyes explode from awesome score grinding fun.

pswii60

Digital-Hero said:
Thanks for posting that Gary. I got one myself.

(Side Note: I still miss Game Theory. This would be a good topic on the show. :( )
Gary is too much of a Hollywood celebrity these days to be messing around with gaming podcasts ;)

Anth0ny

Ugh, I still can't decide whether to pick up the Phat or the Slim...there's no bundles with the Phat in my area, but I kinda think the Slim is ugly.

UGH.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Amir0x said:

You're going to have a ton of fun. Which one are you thinking about starting to play first?

Slightly OT: Fuck the last boss/stage in KZ2.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Amir0x said:

Sounds like you just got an injection of awesome in your gaming life.

kassatsu

Banned
Amir0x said:

Get Shatter instead of PixelJunk Racers, if you were going to get all 3 PJ games.

Amir0x

Banned
gofreak said:
Sackboy am cry :(

Don't worry I'm getting that next paycheck. I spent a little too fucking much this week. Set me back a lot into my savings :lol

As to what I'm playing first.

I'm thinking Valkyria Chronicles, only because it seems to be different from everything else I'm playing at the moment. I'm playing Wolfenstein so I'm not trying to start another FPS yet, and Batman is my adventuring fix so Uncharted can wait. PLUS I purchased Prototype like a week or two ago sooo... INfamous seems redundant for the next few weeks :p

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
slim_ps3_smaller.jpg
[/QUOTE]

wlrmms.gif

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Amir0x said:
Don't worry I'm getting that next paycheck. I spent a little too fucking much this week. Set me back a lot into my savings :lol

As to what I'm playing first.

I'm thinking Valkyria Chronicles, only because it seems to be different from everything else I'm playing at the moment. I'm playing Wolfenstein so I'm not trying to start another FPS yet, and Batman is my adventuring fix so Uncharted can wait. PLUS I purchased Prototype like a week or two ago sooo... INfamous seems redundant for the next few weeks :p
I recommend either Uncharted or MGS4 after you've beaten Valkyria or at least whenever you get bored with it.

Top Bottom