• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PLAYSTATION 3 "OFFICIALLY" (finally) Announced! Landing on US stores now!

Busty

Banned
*WARNING -- THE FOLLOWING IS ANECDOTAL-- WARNING*

Considering it's only £50 less than the old model I'm really impressed by how the PS3Slim seems to have caught people's imagination in Britain.

I already know of two people who over the weekend told me they were trading/selling their 360's to buy a PS3 Slim.

And the console isn't even out in the UK yet and aleady there are some competitive offers about. Blockbusters is offering the PS Slim with a free copy of Batman : Arkham Asylum. I thought it would be Xmas before we see package offers like that in shops.

It's far too early to tell but it really feels like the PS3 may have turned a corner with this new design.

avaya

Busty said:

Considering it's only £50 less than the old model I'm really impressed by how the PS3Slim seems to have caught people's imagination in Britain.

I already know of two people who over the weekend told me they were trading/selling their 360's to buy a PS3 Slim.

And the console isn't even out in the UK yet and aleady there are some competitive offers about. Blockbusters is offering the PS Slim with a free copy of Batman : Arkham Asylum. I thought it would be Xmas before we see package offers like that in shops.

It's far too early to tell but it really feels like the PS3 may have turned a corner with this new design.

Most PS2 owners want a PS3 even if they have a Wii or a 360 right now. The issue is price, always has been.

Yazuka

spwolf said:
did you check issues with other PS3's? There is no such thing as perfect hardware.. Slims should be better than older PS3's.

Also, problem mentioned seems like software issue and not hardware.
Yeah, I checked my 40gb & 80gb I had. Didn't experience problems with them.
But as I said, I'm just being paranoid. It's stupid I know.

Loudninja said:
I dont think none actually overheating, people are just getting worry because the system runs hot, which is the same as the original l PS3 systems.So I dont think you have nothing to worry about.
Yeah, I bet you are right. Just a spur of th moment and you get a bit flipped out.
Gotta stop doing that. But thanks for all the answers.

marwan

Banned
LiquidMetal14 said:
"Get ready........for the fucking desctruction of Microsoft"

:lol :lol :lol

i'd love to post that in a 360 thread but i'm affraid i'd get banned! :lol

(someone please do me the honor) :D

marwan said:

:lol @1:30, he might be on par with this guy.

244wot4.gif

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I saw a Slim in action over the weekend and was quite impressed. The hardware design is quite awesome. I think it looks a LOT nicer than the original unit in person. The matte finish is an improvement and the unit feels rock solid.

khayri1

Neo Member
I have a question, I searched but couldnt find an answer:

I have a 20Gb launch system that I upgraded to 500GB back in Dec, and I just got the slim this past Friday. Can I transfer/copy ALL of my saves from the phat to the slim and have everything on BOTH systems or am I limited to just having everything on the phat? I use the slim on another TV when the wife wants to watch the big TV for her shows and I want to be able to have all my saves on the slim as well as the phat.

Thanks

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
OuterWorldVoice said:
My most unreasonable complaint of all, is the new startup PS3 logo. It's supposed to fade in from out of focus to sharp, but no matter how many times I watch it, it looks broken.
Holy crap :lol Go back to making Halo 4 or whatever is that you're doing now!

The biggest fault of Slim in my opinion is that they didn't preloaded it with 3.0 OS. That would not only give it something extra to tinker with for a limited time, but it would give a better impression of machine to new buyers who may never connect it to internet. They might eventually start doing this later in the year I guess as the first batch of machines sell out.

f@luS

More than a member.
wow , only 83gb free on the 120? thats a lot

can anyone provide me a list on the previous fw upgrade so i can see the changes?

nextwish

The Hong Kong PS3 slim launch is happening tonight. Just some pics from when I was walking past. There was a decent queue ... some good buzz happening

3874685776_1c3679a2ef.jpg

3874683388_14cf30c2d9.jpg

Carl

Busty said:

Tell me about it. I have seen quite a few people preordering them whilst in GAME/Gamestation. Saw a kid trade in a massive pile of PS2 games + PS2 towards a slim too. I'm quite surprised.

DMeisterJ

Banned
nextwish said:
The Hong Kong PS3 slim launch is happening tonight. Just some pics from when I was walking past. There was a decent queue ... some good buzz happening

What time is it launching? 00:01?

What time is it now in Hong Kong?

That is a nice sized line.

spwolf

nextwish said:

so weird... why queue when there are plenty?

good job ony on marketing.... finally!

lupinko

onken said:
Regardless of you and your little chum's semantics, your answer was misleading and implied that you can't get multiregion BD players, when you can.

I didn't imply that at all, so many bitter tears with this post.

nextwish

DMeisterJ said:
What time is it launching? 00:01?

What time is it now in Hong Kong?

That is a nice sized line.

Yup, launching at 00:01. Still about 1hr 25mins to go. I agree it's good to see Sony having a decent amount of good buzz

Ratba

Unconfirmed Member
Couldn't find anyone in Osaka, Den-Den Town, that was trying to break street date. :( They had some good deals though. The LBP Bundle was 3万/$300 at Geos. I almost bit on it. I also saw a guy take two PS3's into Softmap and sell them. I have a feeling the old 80s are gonna flood in and maybe I can snag one up on the cheap.

Huggers

FUCK. My 60GB just kicked the bucket. Not cool. The only positive is I have a good excuse to buy myself a Slim. What's the deal with transferring my account, is it going to be a pain in the ass?

onken

Ratba said:
Couldn't find anyone in Osaka, Den-Den Town, that was trying to break street date. :( They had some good deals though. The LBP Bundle was 3万/$300 at Geos. I almost bit on it. I also saw a guy take two PS3's into Softmap and sell them. I have a feeling the old 80s are gonna flood in and maybe I can snag one up on the cheap.

I noticed Rakuten have sold out, actually. I wonder how many they got.

The Hug Dog said:
FUCK. My 60GB just kicked the bucket. Not cool. The only positive is I have a good excuse to buy myself a Slim. What's the deal with transferring my account, is it going to be a pain in the ass?
Transferring account = easiest thing in the world. Create a user and fill out the "Existing Account" part of PSN signup.

Transferring data from a dead system = impossible. :(

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
All the bus stops around my place now have PS3 Slim ads up, they're pretty crap took me three to see what it was it was just too busy... plus I was speeding.

nextwish said:

Good job people of Hong Kong. Buy don't Bootleg!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
The Hug Dog said:

Transferring your account (and trophies) is easy. Just log in and... done!

Btw, you have just lost one activation. 4 more to go!

Top Bottom