• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

noah111

Still Alive
Massa said:
Yep. And it's too bad there's no Qore episode scheduled to come out just before it.

Too true.

dolemite

PS LifeStyle never fails to amuse:
PS3 Slim Seemingly Confirmed in Best Buy Ad; $299.99 Price Point
[UPDATE] There is some concern that this may be a photoshop using a mock up image from NeoGAF. Stay tuned
source
:lol :lol :lol

LegoDad

I'll have to say the biggest flaw in this thing..

Picture3.jpg

is the price of $299.98, Best Buy has never done that, it always ends in 99....

(sorry if already posted, just going off to bed and this ran through my head..) (Though since its a mockup it could be because of that...)

God, I can't wait for the 18th, just announce it already...

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
caliblue15 said:

Picture3.jpg

Not only that, but doesn't .98 mean 'clearance' in stores that use the .9x system? :lol

lupinko

This is the only thing I want to post about FFXIII in this thread, but to stupid fanboys who just want to bring up FUD agendas, the biggest difference is that between the two, gamers have already PLAYED PS3 FFXIII in one form (I know I was one of them) via the Japanese BD LE release of Advent Children Complete, whereas 360 FFXIII was only recently "shown" at this past e3. Which was probably just running on a PC anyway or at the very least a 360 SDK. Though I'll light this one match and say it was running on a PC just to spite you fanboys. :lol

Schrade

Phreak47 said:
Did she win a webby for that? Because that's one hell of a fake sense of awe and wonder.
Well she's always been a 360 fan and a PS3 basher. Made me laugh when Sony hired her for Qore. Guess she bullshits pretty well.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
lupinko said:
This is the only thing I want to post about FFXIII in this thread, but to stupid fanboys who just want to bring up FUD agendas, the biggest difference is that between the two, gamers have already PLAYED PS3 FFXIII in one form (I know I was one of them) via the Japanese BD LE release of Advent Children Complete, whereas 360 FFXIII was only recently "shown" at this past e3. Which was probably just running on a PC anyway or at the very least a 360 SDK. Though I'll light this one match and say it was running on a PC just to spite you fanboys. :lol
what?

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
lupinko said:

what?

reKon

Banned
lupinko said:

?

kadotsu

Banned
lupinko said:
monocle.jpg

HUELEN10

lupinko said:
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

lupinko said:

2heg03n.jpg

Gravijah

lupinko said:

PC VERSION CONFIRMED, YESSSSSSSS!

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Pandaman said:
Not only that, but doesn't .98 mean 'clearance' in stores that use the .9x system? :lol

Not only that, the text on the right is totally not parallel and obviously the work of an amateur.

HUELEN10

kadotsu said:
I'm not a native speaker so excuse me if I ask, WHAT?
type "Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?" in google and click the Dramatica entry for the origin.

lupinko said:

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
So if the slim is 299 that will be incredible... either way I'm fully expecting at least one of the SKUs to be at 299, but it would nice to have the slim one:D

lupinko said:

... my man?

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
caliblue15 said:
I'll keep having him check on the SKU each day, and once something comes up, then I'll post it, but I have a feeling its just fake altogether, but for them to actually pick a SKU that's not used, kinda surprised me...

He doesn't have to check just that skew - if it's like the Canadian BB system, he can just go into the inventory levels menu, go to 'Gaming -> PS3 - Hardware' - and see if anything is added to that.

dolemite said:
PS LifeStyle never fails to amuse:

source
:lol :lol :lol

I seriously hate everything about that site. A shambles. It's not even like it redeems itself with humour, or being interesting to read / well written.

hateful hateful hateful

pswii60

inner-G said:
Fake.

Consistency: Upper-case N on "New!", lower case S on "save $30"
Consistency: Box on left looks far whiter than box on right

Also, they've tried to make it look like you can see through to the back of the page, but whilst they've reversed the writing, it's upside down. School-boy error.

Not to mention it looks like cakefoo's 'shop :)

Egmont

Neo Member
It's perfectly possible that even the ad-makers could wind up using cakefoo's image somehow. It's just that beautiful.

Not that I'm saying these pamphlet shots are real--just that the use of that particular mock-up isn't necessarily irrefutable proof of fakery. More like proof that Sony isn't handing out any official images, so graphic designers have to use what they can find
/steal

caliblue15 said:

Picture3.jpg

(sorry if already posted, just going off to bed and this ran through my head..) (Though since its a mockup it could be because of that...)

God, I can't wait for the 18th, just announce it already...

The full backwards compatibility and the unprofessional text on "tHe Slim" made me very skeptical. Also, why $299.98? Also, I think the older PS3 models aer going to be the systems with the $299.99 price tag on them. but I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom