• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spy

I don't know why I'm so hyped for the Playstation 3 Slim when I already have a 80GB (BC) Playstation 3. I'll be picking up the Slim on day one and giving my 80GB to my little brother.

slimp.jpg

I'll be purchasing all of that and am currently waiting for the TV I ordered to arrive on Friday.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001UV6P1Q/?tag=neogaf0e-20

All of this for the slim...HYPE!

P.S. Before anyone says monoprice, I know. I'm just crazy like that where I have to buy name brand items.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
I'm going to say it anyway. $43 jesus christ. Give $33 to charity or something man and just get the monoprice.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
cornerman said:
I know now, and knowing is half the battle. I've got the 60GB and already knotch on Sony's post console-wise, so I haven't done as much research as others might. I saw that on the way to the warehouse, and figured I throw it out there. Is the slim font drastically different? Are we talking the spider-man font?

well...yeah

spider-man font
Capture.png

PS3 with PS2 font
3765673597_5cfbc1a306_o.png

slim font
PS3slimlogo2.jpg

as you can see it's more curvy , and unlike spidey you cant misread the letter S for 5 , it's not P53 anymore :p

noah111

Still Alive
Totobeni said:
spider-man font
http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt148/AKNJ/Capture.png[IMG]
PS3 with PS2 font
[IMG]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2523/3765673597_5cfbc1a306_o.png[IMG]
slim font
[IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b267/samusxaran/PS3slimlogo2.jpg[IMG]
as you can see it's more curvy , and unlike spidey you cant misread the letter S for 5 , it's not P53 anymore :p[/QUOTE]
Nice slim logo, who made that?

Totobeni said:
well...yeah

spider-man font
Capture.png

PS3 with PS2 font

slim font
PS3slimlogo2.jpg

as you can see it's more curvy , and unlike spidey you cant misread the letter S for 5 , it's not P53 anymore :p

ps2 font > spidey font > slim font

Spy said:
I don't know why I'm so hyped for the Playstation 3 Slim when I already have a 80GB (BC) Playstation 3. I'll be picking up the Slim on day one and giving my 80GB to my little brother.

slimp.jpg

I'll be purchasing all of that and am currently waiting for the TV I ordered to arrive on Friday.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001UV6P1Q/?tag=neogaf0e-20

All of this for the slim...HYPE!

P.S. Before anyone says monoprice, I know. I'm just crazy like that where I have to buy name brand items.
You really have too much money to burn.

God Bless America, though. I kinda envy you. :p

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I bit on a PS3 last week. Got the 160gb with Killzone 2 for $350 after trading in some games. I think it was a good choice.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Spy said:
I would say why not the SOCOM bundle instead of the standalone headset?

noah111

Still Alive
Graphics Horse said:
It's good but the ends of all the lines should be squared off instead of curved.

http://i26.tinypic.com/1746ix.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
Agreed, but the ends of all the lines in that pic are too fat;

[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/Wollan/PS3_Slim_2r.jpg

offshore

"PLAYSTATION 3" in the spidey font looks cool IMO, but just "PS3" in spidey looks horrible for some reason.

But as said they're just easing the transition to the curved PS3 font.

But Sony have messed up their branding big style though....you only have to look at a PS3 box for proof...they have 3 different PlayStation fonts going on; "Only On PlayStation" "PlayStation Network" and "PLAYSTATION 3" are in different fonts.

It looks a mess compared to the 360 games boxes.

Crisis

Banned
offshore said:
"PLAYSTATION 3" in the spidey font looks cool IMO, but just "PS3" in spidey looks horrible for some reason.

But as said they're just easing the transition to the curved PS3 font.

But Sony have messed up their branding big style though....you only have to look at a PS3 box for proof...they have 3 different PlayStation fonts going on; "Only On PlayStation" "PlayStation Network" and "PLAYSTATION 3" are in different fonts.

It looks a mess compared to the 360 games boxes.

I agree. It's even worse with the back of the boxes now too. If they have that "PlayStation Network" stuff on the front of the box then that means that on the back there'll be another one and it lists all the features of the PSN that work with that game. Which is a nice idea but there's also a ton of shit on the bottom of the box. I hope that with this rebranding they rebrand the PS3 boxes too. I know that collectors with OCD will hate it but the boxes have got to get cleaned up too.

agaru

°°ToMmY°° said:
spidey font is the best. i don't get the hate, i really like it.
Me too. I think even with the shortened "PS3" logo it still looks cool and modernish.

Here's hoping the PS3 slim to be unveiled with an updated "PS3" spidey logo similar to what's been used in recent ads/trailers. Spidey font ftw! :p

yellowjacket25 said:
I think the slim font looks the best. The spidey font has always been a little weird to me.

i think it has to do with the fact that it constantly reminds us about spider-man (the movie), but it isn't by any mean a bad font.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
°°ToMmY°° said:
i think it has to do with the fact that it constantly reminds us about spider-man (the movie), but it isn't by any mean a bad font.

Homoarakhan font was there years before Spiderman movies .

but the third movie was pure garbage shit , and it was Sony Picture's fault ( not Sam Raimi I wuv the man ) Sony Picture is sister company of SCE , and SCE used Homoarakhan font on PS3 too , so we Spiderman 1/2 fans can blame and hate the font on PS3 because the shit that was Spider-man 3 , this is pure logic .

Not feelin' the new font. Just stick to the original. I wonder how much money and time was spent pointlessly thinking up a new front. It's not like the full "Playstation" insignia on games would likely change too.

Forsete

Hate that logo. Should have gone with the complete PlayStation 3 spidey-font for the logo on the system.
If they need a "PS3" logo, go with the old PS-logo and tack on a 3 somewhere.

offshore

vg1tuq.png

That is what they should have gone with from the start. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

It's good though that they look as if they're gradually dropping the blue, yellow and turquoise PS logo, this thing looks woefully out of date...black and white looks more modern.

mr_nothin

Banned
offshore said:
vg1tuq.png

That is what they should have gone with from the start. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

It's good though that they look as if they're gradually dropping the blue, yellow and turquoise PS logo, this thing looks woefully out of date...black and white looks more modern.
:|

Also, going by the last few posts...Sony shouldn't even have a logo.

Gio_CoD

Banned
I know Sony hasn't come out and confirmed this yet, but is this pretty much "confirmed" that it's coming? I ask because I'm thinking about getting a second PS3 as an upstairs Bluray player/media center client, and if this is coming out in September, I'll obviously wait.

HUELEN10

Gio_CoD said:
I know Sony hasn't come out and confirmed this yet, but is this pretty much "confirmed" that it's coming? I ask because I'm thinking about getting a second PS3 as an upstairs Bluray player/media center client, and if this is coming out in September, I'll obviously wait.
No one can say for sure when it is coming out. It is real though, at least it HAS to be. I know I am waiting, and I suggest everyone else to the same. Worst thing that can happen is waiting in vain, that'll cost you nothing. You have nothing to lose!

spwolf

Gio_CoD said:

it wont be confirmed until it comes, but yeah, expect it...

Loudninja

offshore said:
pic

Wow that's terrible.

offshore

Well it wasn't intended as bonafide, but you get the idea....it's meant to follow on from the PlayStation 2 print that was on the front on the front of the PS2, the front of the game boxes, on the discs, the game boot up screen, etc, etc.

There was no need to change to the spidey font...as evidenced by the fact that they've got so many PlayStation fonts that it looks stupid.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
HUELEN10 said:
To be fair, the official audio cable is unsurpassable. Fits very snug compared to others.

It's a fucking optical cable... I have about 5 different kinds and they all fit fine. If he wants to waste $20 on a $1 cable, he's insane.

HUELEN10

alr1ghtstart said:
It's a fucking optical cable... I have about 5 different kinds and they all fit fine. If he wants to waste $20 on a $1 cable, he's insane.
I don't know, I tried some from monoprice, but it just isn't that snug...

Is it that wrong to throw the guy a bone?

-viper-

Banned
Totobeni said:
well...yeah

spider-man font
Capture.png

PS3 with PS2 font

slim font
PS3slimlogo2.jpg

My order of preference just as shown in your post -

Spidey > PS2 > Slim.

New font looks FUGLY.

iceatcs

I am really curious if it is real logo but what will happen to game boxart when the spidey one stop production?

JoJo13

Banned
iceatcs said:
I am really curious if it is real logo but what will happen to game boxart when the spidey one stop production?

Not only the boxart, but also the "Playstation 3" intro/chime screen that pops up when you play a game.

noah111

Still Alive
iceatcs said:
That's what I wondered, after all the "PLAYSTATION 3" spidey font is right on the cover of every box... maybe they will keep that logo and use the 'PS3' slim font at the same time? The PlayStation 2 was always written out with normal text alongside the edgy 'PS2' logo/font.. perhaps that will happen?

Kinda confusing..

iceatcs

yeah other things to change especially XMB firmware both systems.

I bet everything spidey will be gone but only pack in future firmwares for older systems.

Machado

you are arguing over a logo??? WTF it doesn't do shit. if it didn't have a logo it'd still play ps3 games which is the most important thing.

Egmont

Neo Member
Machado said:
you are arguing over a logo??? WTF it doesn't do shit. if it didn't have a logo it'd still play ps3 games which is the most important thing.

Hell, we need something to talk about, even if it is completely superfluous. :lol

Sony sure isn't giving us anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom