• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerAJD

Totobeni said:
:( poor amazon is not tax free anymore , many states forced amazon to charge taxes ,like New Yor , Kansas, Kentucky, North Dakota and Washington.
And fucking California <_< It sucked when I was buying computer components, because I had a set budget and had to downgrade some parts because of sales tax. Should have just shipped it to my uncle in Nevada.

Massa

gcubed said:
well then. :)

anyway, yeah the ps3 slim. Its almost August... are people still expecting the real price drop to hit by Madden?

I'm not expecting an official price drop but a lot of really good deals.

DieH@rd

Banned
Goldrusher said:
15% in the UK.
16% in Spain.
18% in Malta.
19% in the Netherlands.
19.6% in France.
20% in Italy.
21% in Belgium.
21.5% in Ireland.
22% in Finland.
25% in Denmark.

Just to name a few.

In Serbia there is 8% tax on PC equipment, except for monitors [they are 18%]. The rest of electronics get full 18% tax.

Vorador

Banned
Ok, somebody i trust confirmed to me that the ps3 slim will be released around september. I can't give more details.

Also the old ps3 80 Gb will be priced at 300€ in august. But i see that is already known.

Acidote

Vorador said:
Ok, somebody i trust confirmed to me that the ps3 slim will be released around september. I can't give more details.

Also the old ps3 80 Gb will be priced at 300€ in august. But i see that is already known.

I've received the same information. More details coming before next week.

The 300 € price for the big rig is applying for both the console only and the bundles.

Machado

Vorador said:

wtf??????????

Dra-Q

Banned
Vorador said:

I hope it, I fucking hope it.

HUELEN10

Vorador said:
:(

Acidote said:
I've received the same information. More details coming before next week.
Are you able to say anything more? Curious is all.

Vorador said:

I hope that means the Slim will slot in at that price... I do suspect most 80GB PS3s will be sold by September.

Anyway thanks for more confirmation on the pile of "The PS3 slim is so obviously real but we'll kept accepting more proof of it until Sony announce it and we act surprised" pile.

Ettie

Vorador said:

Around September would be good.

Vorador

Banned
Oops, just got word. The 300€ price point is for the fat one while supplies last.

The slim price point is unknown right now, but probably far higher than that :-(

expy

Banned
Vorador said:

Probably means Slim will come in at $349-399. Then drop later to $299.

HUELEN10

Seriously, I personally think that anyone not expecting the slim to launch at 400 USD is kidding themselves. Maybe 350-375, but not 300 or 250.

panda21

Vorador said:
Oops, just got word. The 300€ price point is for the fat one while supplies last.

The slim price point is unknown right now, but probably far higher than that :-(

wat

300 eurons = £265 = (almost) current price of phat

thats not even a discount for now to sell the remaining phat stock, and then the slim costs more?!

Vorador

Banned
panda21 said:
wat

300 eurons = £265 = (almost) current price of phat

thats not even a discount for now to sell the remaining phat stock, and then the slim costs more?!

*scratches head*

The 80 Gb phat costs 400€ here. It's not a bad discount.

Egmont

Neo Member
Hm, that's for Europe, though.

I'm sure the price will be the "same" (aka, same in Euros and Dollars, which isn't really the same at all), but I can't help wondering if the release date will be different, since all the rumors of the September release date have been about the European date.

We've got nothing about les americains.

panda21

really?! where is that?

you can find a ps3 here for like £350 (roughly €400?) if you find the worst deal possible but there are bundles for like £280. i was expecting something more like £170 for the slim, or at least the phat discounted to that when the slim hits.

expy

Banned
Egmont said:
Hm, that's for Europe, though.

I'm sure the price will be the "same" (aka, same in Euros and Dollars, which isn't really the same at all), but I can't help wondering if the release date will be different, since all the rumors of the September release date have been about the European date.

We've got nothing about les americains.

Probably going to follow the same strategy. When the 80GBs entered the market here (in Canada) most of the 40GBs were liquidated for $299.

Ettie

Really want to know if they're planning to put back BC for the slim, or if we're just going to be charged extra for the "premium"-ness of the form factor, a la PSPgo.

Bleh. On second thought, it won't do anything significant, there's no need to justify the expense. Here's the new PS3, same price as the old PS3.

Slim @ 400US? I could live with that if the right bundle came along.
uncharted 1 & 2

spwolf

panda21 said:
really?! where is that?

you can find a ps3 here for like £350 (roughly €400?) if you find the worst deal possible but there are bundles for like £280. i was expecting something more like £170 for the slim, or at least the phat discounted to that when the slim hits.

you kid right? or maybe not?

And to think i felt bad for UK peeps when GBP was strong... you guys spent all your credit by now :lol

panda21

spwolf said:
you kid right? or maybe not?

And to think i felt bad for UK peeps when GBP was strong... you guys spent all your credit by now :lol

?

also, making it more expensive than the current one would make no sense unless it adds something beyond being smaller.. surely sony havent lost it that badly??

Pai Pai Master said:
Something tells me hell will freeze over before Sony launches a PS3 Slim at only $50 more than PSP Go.

Different markets, there's a PSP3000 much cheaper than the Go, and greatly cheaper than any PS3 price.

Not many people will be deciding between a PS3 and a PSP Go in a "one or the other" scenario.

You're much more likely to see 360 or PS3, which is why pricing strategy for this Slim is going to matter.

spwolf

panda21 said:
?

also, making it more expensive than the current one would make no sense unless it adds something beyond being smaller.. surely sony havent lost it that badly??

no, i mean that you think you should get 40% discount on the phat? Kind of unreal.
UK prices are wacko these days anyway due to the GBP.

I expect it to be priced 300 Euros in Europe, and then whatever that means in UK (but not direct conversion).

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Audioboxer said:
Different markets, there's a PSP3000 much cheaper than the Go, and greatly cheaper than any PS3 price.

Not many people will be deciding between a PS3 and a PSP Go in a "one or the other" scenario.

You're much more likely to see 360 or PS3, which is why pricing strategy for this Slim is going to matter.

I think you're spot on there.

Acidote

Audioboxer said:
I think he meant expecting the Slim to slot in at 300 euros is unrealistic. Not it will be less than 300 euros! :lol

That is. The 300 € pricetag is due to a high overstock of the biggie. Call it a clearance.
Slim's price, well, who knows, most probably higher.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Vorador said:
Response: "No chance in hell"

:-(

He says it will be "surely more than that" but that all i got.

If the Slim comes out right after they drop the old models down to 299, it'll probably be priced a little higher until all old stock is gone, then the price on the slim is lowered.

Vorador said:
Response: "No chance in hell"

:-(

He says it will be "surely more than that" but that all i got.

Please be 349 then, it need SOME sort of a cut :( USA was always likely of the $100 cut, EU/UK never see a 100 cut on anything. 50->75 was always going to be more likely.

expy

Banned
Kagari said:
If the Slim comes out right after they drop the old models down to 299, it'll probably be priced a little higher until all old stock is gone, then the price on the slim is lowered.

It's common sense.

panda21

spwolf said:
no, i mean that you think you should get 40% discount on the phat? Kind of unreal.
UK prices are wacko these days anyway due to the GBP.

I expect it to be priced 300 Euros in Europe, and then whatever that means in UK (but not direct conversion).

well i was thinking based on people saying $300, which is about £170 or something

noah111

Still Alive
PS3 slim (120GB) - $399
9zyuyw.jpg

PS3_Slim_2r.jpg

PS3 phat (80GB/bundles) - $299 [limited time]
51WxPGIauDL._AA280_%20(1).jpg

PS3 phat (160GB/bundles) - $??? [gone by the time slim releases?]
ps3_160gb.jpg

Is this how it's looking so far? There is no way they will drop the slim from $399 to $349/299 within a few months after release...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom