• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowie

Milk Lizard said:
Haha i commented on that in their comment section together with the cologne/leipzig mix up. They deleted my comment and used my info to edit their article. :lol

hahahah holy shit

that's classy.

spwolf

Machado said:
I'm quoting me here since I haven't received an answer

you are asking gaf? Someone actually answered - 13 million ( that was FY goal)... but you want us to predict possible sales?

I say 30,000,000.

Fucking 4D baby.

Tailzo

This is from dagbladet.no, one of the most read newspapers in the country (net version)
slimnorway.png

slimnorway2.png

glaurung

offshore said:
I wonder how Kaz will introduce the slim. He may as well just say, "here's the slim, now, moving on..."

First there will be 40 minutes of mind-numbingly boring statistics about how many consoles have been sold, some boring diagrams and tables.

"And now, I am pleased to present the new model of the PS3, the PS3 SLIM!"

Then release dates.

Then price.

Cowie

I'm actually kind of upset to see the fake best buy advertisement made by some shitty blog to bring in hits is making the rounds in serious(?) publications. Fuck those guys.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I can't believe you guys don't believe that K-Mart ad!

...I spent thirty minutes in photoshop on that one!

:D

:lol :lol :lol :lol

tinfoilhatman

all of my posts are my avatar
If the slim is coming out at 299$ why aren't existing PS3's on store shelves being dropped to 299$ to clear the dist channel?

Synless

g35twinturbo said:
this shit is starting to get a bit out of hand. :lol
I came here to say this, never have I seen so much attention over a hardware revision, it's almost like it's a new system alltogether.

deepbrown

chubigans said:
I can't believe you guys don't believe that K-Mart ad!

...I spent thirty minutes in photoshop on that one!

:D

:lol :lol :lol :lol
Are you telling the truth? lol If so...that's pretty epic :lol

tinfoilhatman said:
If the slim is coming out at 299$ why aren't existing PS3's on store shelves being dropped to 299$ to clear the dist channel?

Cuz apparently there aren't exactly a lot of 80GB units in the channel to begin with anymore. The 160GB units certainly aren't going to get a $200 drop.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
So I was bored last night and wanted to get my hand on some quick internet fame. Step one: get an old k-mart ad. inner-G nailed it.

kfake1.jpg

Step 2: reverse the center image so that it looks like print from the other side, instead of just washing out the entire area with white (which would look fake).

kfake2.jpg

Step 3: take cakefoo's glorious pic and match the font as best as possible. Go into PR mode and type out your best PS3 description.

kfake3.jpg

Step 4: add grain, brightness, etc. until it looks really close to the source image.

kfake4.jpg

Step 5: at this point it looks good, but still very noticeable photoshop. So I could continue to work on it for a few hours more, OR I can do the easy "secret industry spy" route and take off camera pics of it.

kmartad1.jpg

kmartad2.jpg

kmartad3.jpg

Step 6: email Kotaku, Joy-stiq and Gizmondo to see who will bite first.

my name is phil and my friend works at a kmart headquarters. he sent me these flyer pics from a future flyer about th eps3 slim. i dont think ive seen these pics on the itnernet yet so if you do use them dont tell my friends real name i dont want to get him in trouble. anyawys sorry if youve seen these already but i had to emial ya!

The winner is Gizmondo, who asked me some follow up questions AFTER posting it on their site.

And that's how it's done. :lol

Valkyr Junkie said:
Cuz apparently there aren't exactly a lot of 80GB units in the channel to begin with anymore. The 160GB units certainly aren't going to get a $200 drop.

:facepalm this has been my entire argument as to why the slim wont even be 299 here in the states. its the about same as the 160 unit feature wise and looks better. it'd still be a $200 price drop.

panda21 said:
so it looks like they just shopped a ps3 over that usb sticks thing in the middle... the camera, the 360 controller in the top left.. you can see where the white square around the ps3 bit runs over onto the 360 in the top, looks kind of weird...

Good catch!

Now, it´s been established that both the BestBuy and the Kmart ads are fake. So no credible leaks for the US yet about date and price.

____

chubigans, you would've pulled it off too...if it weren't for those pesky gaffers!

:lol :lol :lol

But seriously, it's 99% believable imo. Only thing which someone mentioned is the "$" sign next to 299 isn't the same size as the other things in the ad.

Bravo, tho sir! :D

Hanmik

chubigans said:
So I was bored last night and wanted to get my hand on some quick internet fame.

The winner is Gizmondo, who asked me some follow up questions AFTER posting it on their site.

No my friend... the Winner is YOU...! Amazing Job.. I really cannot believe that these sites posted this without more background check... ´

But again Great Job...!

Doc Evils

chubigans said:
So I was bored last night and wanted to get my hand on some quick internet fame. Step one: get an old k-mart ad. Panda 21 nailed it.

Step 6: email Kotaku, Joy-stiq and Gizmondo to see who will bite first.

EPIC!:lol

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Jim said:
Chubs.... 1080P and Blu-Ray... incorrect usage :)
The perfectionist in me is crying over those small details (and the dollar sign! Gah! How could I miss that!). Maybe I should leak out a more perfected one. :lol

I had to restrain myself from hiding the wrestlers in the pic, btw. :lol

Oh man I should have totally done that though!

Hanmik

chubigans said:
The perfectionist in me is crying over those small details (and the dollar sign! Gah! How could I miss that!). Maybe I should leak out a more perfected one. :lol

HA HA that would have been priceless...

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
chubigans said:

:lol

Oh Chubs :lol I would have loved to see the wrestlers in there somewhere :lol

chubigans said:

do a online gamestop add, so you dont need to show text coming through the back, say a person "high up" got the email early

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom