• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.
stuburns said:
I think the logic is lots of 360 gamers will be wishing they had GoW3 to play, so EA are making a dog shit clone.
yeah. whatever. i hate it when you PS3 owners shit all over multiplatform titles.

Dead Space is as much an RE4 clone as Dante's Inferno is a GoW3 clone and guess what... it's fucking ace. if there'd been a similar exclusive at the same time or if RE4/5 were PS3 exclusive you'd have probably shit all over it.

Is it just possible that a bitter fanboy working at kmart has just released a wrong pricing in order to destroy the ps3 slim surprise by overhyping it?

I know I'm getting paranoid here, but c'mon... there's a chance...

plagiarize said:
cause nobody asks me if it's included on a PS3. cause we sell F all wireless adapters for the 360.

cause it requires a specific combination of tech savvy and PS3 in a location that can't be cabled, or tech savvy enough to set up wireless but not tech savvy enough to know better.

the wireless adapter on the 360 is expensive partly because it's this wacky dual band thing that isn't mass produced. most people don't want or need such a feature and MS were stupid to make it the only option imho.

built in wireless is a nice feature. it's value add. but honestly, are you telling me you wouldn't have a bought a PS3 without it?

Well obviously if I didn't have a choice I'd still get it. But I did buy the 60gb ps3 knowing it had wifi and that's huge for me as my router is no where near my living room. And I don't think setting up a wireless connection is that complicated. People do it all the time with their laptops and mobile devices.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Busty said:
I implore you Sony. Release this PS3 Slim in Britain with a £199.99 price point.

If you do that I will buy one ASAP. Resist the temptation to release it at £250.

You've scapled Britain long enough with your outrageous prices.

Time to start giving back.

You owe us.

*folds arms*

Yes please release the PS3 Slim for only £20 more than the Wii
dfug5z.gif

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
plagiarize said:
cause nobody asks me if it's included on a PS3. cause we sell F all wireless adapters for the 360.

cause it requires a specific combination of tech savvy and PS3 in a location that can't be cabled, or tech savvy enough to set up wireless but not tech savvy enough to know better.

the wireless adapter on the 360 is expensive partly because it's this wacky dual band thing that isn't mass produced. most people don't want or need such a feature and MS were stupid to make it the only option imho.

built in wireless is a nice feature. it's value add. but honestly, are you telling me you wouldn't have a bought a PS3 without it?
I would buy a PS3 today for the same reasons I bought one in 2007: Sony's Games, Blu-ray playback, and more reliable hardware. Not having to spend $100 for any accessory is a good thing (including HDMI cables that Sony should include with a consoe purchase) and I think MS has always been sloppy when it comes to design on many levels.

Anth0ny

I wake up to K-Mart not only confirming the thing, but a possible 8/24 release? Holy crap :lol

Less than an hour 'til shit hits the fan.

popcorn.gif

StuBurns

Banned
plagiarize said:
yeah. whatever. i hate it when you PS3 owners shit all over multiplatform titles.

Dead Space is as much an RE4 clone as Dante's Inferno is a GoW3 clone and guess what... it's fucking ace. if there'd been a similar exclusive at the same time or if RE4/5 were PS3 exclusive you'd have probably shit all over it.
You're wrong.

And I'm not shitting on it because it's multiplatform, it's because it looks like fucking garbage and is literary rape.

plagiarize said:

resident evil 4 was multiplatform dogg. also, i liked dead space, but resident evil 4 was ten times the game it was.

also, dante's inferno genuinely looks like unimaginative, derivative junk with boring combat.

Tideas said:
.... you really suck at conversions don't you?

200 pounds - VAT = 173 pounds.

173 pounds = 289 dollars.... You want to get a PS3 for cheaper than the US? (before tax)

250 pounds - VAT = 217 pounds

217 pounds = $362. Price of buying a PS3 in Cali: $300 + tax = $330.

You're just paying...an extra 18 pounds.

So wat are we bitching about again?

Are you sure vats that high. if it comes out here for £250 and $299 in usa we will be paying more than an extra £18 thats for sure.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Vaandaviii said:
Is it just possible that a bitter fanboy working at kmart has just released a wrong pricing in order to destroy the ps3 slim surprise by overhyping it?

I know I'm getting paranoid here, but c'mon... there's a chance...
Not when Best Buy is ready to pull the trigger the moment Sony makes the price announcement (299).

Erebus

chubigans said:
Nowhere. It's not being broadcast.

So uh, we should get a new thread going pretty soon yah?
I saw a justinTV link on the official PS boards but I ain't sure it's legit.

EDIT: Beaten badly.

H_Prestige said:
Well obviously if I didn't have a choice I'd still get it. But I did buy the 60gb ps3 knowing it had wifi and that's huge for me as my router is no where near my living room. And I don't think setting up a wireless connection is that complicated. People do it all the time with their laptops and mobile devices.
if you'd have still bought a PS3 without it, then it's not a major selling point to you.

that's all i'm saying.

but this is a silly conversation about hypotheticals that almost certainly won't happen.

i'm hoping the slim A: revitalizes PS3 sales long term and B: has a knock on effect causing Microsoft and Nintendo to do price drops to compete back.

so, i'm actually hoping for the slim to have new selling points beyond it's smaller size and slightly larger hard drive. i'm not going to be disappointed if it doesn't... i think it'll have an impact either way, but i really want this console war to get bloody.

because i'm a consumer who has no investment in anything but exciting new games, and cheaper prices.

supermackem said:
Are you sure vats that high. if it comes out here for £250 and $299 in usa we will be paying more than an extra £18 thats for sure.
vat is 17.5%, so yeah, it's that high. £213 pounds including tax would be equivalent to $299 before tax.

Tideas

Banned
supermackem said:

VATS for Britain is 15% isn't it? And oops, my calculation si wrong. I should have compared apple to apple, so pretax to pretax, or post-tax to post-tax.

So $362 to $300. So about, £36

plagiarize said:

Come on. Dante's Inferno is, not even a clone, it seems a mod of GoW. The same concept of "chained weapons", the same kind of boss battles, the same aerial brawl, the same QTE and fatalities, the same mix between weapons and proximity magics, even the same hit counter in flame numbers.

Dead Space is much more different with RE4 than Dante's with GoW.

badcrumble said:
resident evil 4 was multiplatform dogg. also, i liked dead space, but resident evil 4 was ten times the game it was.

also, dante's inferno genuinely looks like unimaginative, derivative junk with boring combat.
I agrizzle.

plagiarize said:

You don't think it seems a bit convenient that a game fairly similar to GoW3 (you know it is) releases one month before? Honestly, DI looks pretty good, so I'll probably buy both, but I think it's pretty obvious that it's meant to compete with GoW3.

-Pyromaniac- said:
I like how EA is having a conference and no one seems to care. Sony should just start now.

Off topic but Dante's Inferno coming out in Feb. Trying to get a little close to Kratos I see.

750 posts in an hour and a half is no one? =/

LegoDad

caliblue15 said:
Just got an email from my best buy informant, Best Buy will be dropping the price once its annoucned ASAP, they sent out a company wide email about it.

Further info has come in from the informant: Prices go live 1pm cst...

plagiarize said:
if you'd have still bought a PS3 without it, then it's not a major selling point to you.

that's all i'm saying.

but this is a silly conversation about hypotheticals that almost certainly won't happen.

i'm hoping the slim A: revitalizes PS3 sales long term and B: has a knock on effect causing Microsoft and Nintendo to do price drops to compete back.

so, i'm actually hoping for the slim to have new selling points beyond it's smaller size and slightly larger hard drive. i'm not going to be disappointed if it doesn't... i think it'll have an impact either way, but i really want this console war to get bloody.

because i'm a consumer who has no investment in anything but exciting new games, and cheaper prices.

It actually is a selling point for me because if I had bought a ps3 without wifi, I would then buy a wireless access point as an accessory to get a wireless connection. It's the only practical way for me to take any console online, which in itself is a huge selling point for not only ps3, but 360 as well.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
matticus said:
CNet writer is GAF-lurking X-bot confirmed?
That's a joke article from butthurt fanboys. This is great news no matter how you cut it. If it's announced today, this will be the megaton conference we had hoped for.

CrayzeeCarl said:
You don't think it seems a bit convenient that a game fairly similar to GoW3 (you know it is) releases one month before? Honestly, DI looks pretty good, so I'll probably buy both, but I think it's pretty obvious that it's meant to compete with GoW3.
my problem is in people who have played neither being magically sure that one is good and one is crap.

clone or not it could Dante's Inferno could still kick ass. both look equally as ground breaking (ie not really that ground breaking at all).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom