• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smallville is kind of a disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

abundant

Yep. Arrow is only passable this year, but The Flash, The Originals and iZombie have all been great. Vampire Diaries is okay and Supernatural, well, it still exists.

That's all the CW I watch.

There's also Jane the Virgin, which has been surprisingly good.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
My favorite was when the episodes were just ripping ideas straight from films. Like there's an episode that's basically the plot of the movie Saw.

Michael Rosenbaum, the Braniac / Zod stuff, alternate future, alternate world and Booster Gold are the only things that stood out in my mind as being things I liked. If there was ever proof of me being a loyal person, it's sticking with Smallville for a decade.

I don't believe you. Or anybody else that says Arrow is good.

They are legit good shows. Although I love The Flash infinitely more.

I'm still annoyed I stuck around for the entirety of it's run, but sometimes I get this stubborn finish what your start mentality and it hurts. I only got started on that mediocre shit because of my brother and friends though, couldn't fight it.

I just don't think it was ever a particularly good show, filler out the ass(and so any anticlimatic build-ups), but there was some charm to the damn thing early on. It just couldn't sustain it for 5 seasons, let alone 10.

I don't miss it.

(Rosenbaum and his tv pops were good, often better than their material and while Welling was limited, he worked. Lana sucks)

Tenck

I've watched the show three times. All from start to finish.

Good God so much wasted potential. I only watched it for Lois and lex. Everyone else was so annoying. Especially Oliver queen and the whole depressed shit.

The good parts outweigh the bad parts, which is why I've endured it three times.

NimbusD

There's also Jane the Virgin, which has been surprisingly good.

The 100! Which thanks to GAF I returned to and experienced firsthand just how crazy it is that a show can turn from utter trash with a horribly misused premise, to something that's actually really good.

jett

D-Member
I told you this show was terrible, mayne. I watched it on a weekly basis while it was out on TV, until around the time Lois Lane shows up or something. I lost interest rather quickly after that. It was never great, it was CW-good. Well, it was up until a certain point

Arrow's great, although I've skipped season 3, for some reason.

Smallville was a cool show, I was highly addicted to it early on (when our local network delayed the show and had to wait an eternity for the dvds to release - I had to watch the show that way from season 2 - onwards).

I thought the first three seasons were great, the show started to lose it's way in season 4 (what the hell was that ? lol - I'm also not a fan of Jensen Ackles despite getting into Supernatural years later. So having to put up with him in season 4 also made it a serious grind).

Tried to keep up in season 5 and 6, but ultimately became less interested in season 7 - onwards (that said I still own the entire series on dvd now).

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I told you this show was terrible, mayne. I watched it on a weekly basis while it was out on TV, until around the time Lois Lane shows up or something. I lost interest rather quickly after that. It was never great, it was CW-good. Well, it was up until a certain point

Arrow's great, although I've skipped season 3, for some reason.

Haha yeah...yeah you did, my morbid curiosity kept me going though, plus I'm not gonna lie I had fun with it. Each season after Johnathan died I kept saying "it can't possibly get worse" or "We've definitely hit the low point right?" each and every time I was proven wrong.

It can always get worse.

You know I guess Smallville taught me a valuable life lesson. No matter how bad things are, they can always be worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom