• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros. 3DS Japanese Packaging POSSIBLY Indicates Snake is cut from the game

H5qbVvw.png

iU571fE.jpg

It isn't clear to me if this packaging is actual game packaging or if it is promotional packaging, but Konami is not listed as a character credit.

As Baron Von Loathsome pointed out, there is a list of 3rd party guests focused on the back, but Snake is not mentioned at all.

Thanks to Tripon for packaging.

Phazon

It wouldn't make a lot of sense if he's still in it.

Rather have Pacman, Megaman etc. At least those games are still on Nintendo platforms.

Zing

Banned
Makes room for more relevant characters.

Side note: 2.1GB? That 4GB card included with the XL didn't last long. Also, I wish NA had these download vouchers in stores for all games. It would allow retailers to offer sales on digital games.

L~A

buttheresstilldlcright.gif

Yeah, not gonna miss him to be honest. Don't really care actually.

emb

Regardless of Snake speculation, it's cool that we're close enough to start seeing detailed packaging (even if only promotional). Japanese release is so soon. O.O

Solid snake is one of the greatest video game characters ever. That being said MGS isn't on WiiU or associated with Nintendo at all so its understandable.

Fbh

I agree, I just doesn't make much sense for him to be in the game.

If there is one platform I don't associate Metal Gear with it's Wii/WiiU. He was more out of place than some of the Playstation All Stars Battle Royale characters

ohlawd

wasn't he only in cuz Kojima's son wanted to see him in Smash?

kid got his wish.

good either way. fuck Kojima, man

Griss

Delighted. He never fit in, and Brawl was worse for having him in it. I say that as a huge MGS fan. The original "Snake in Brawl" reveal was amazing, though.

No one should be surprised.

This better not be true, I really enjoyed playing as Snake in Brawl and the silly codec easter eggs that came with it. Sakurai plz

Neiteio

Game is worse off if Snake (or anyone) is cut, but I had already resigned myself to this possibility.

What a bummer. Snake was a fun character with a unique flavor, both mechanically and thematically.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Ubisoft isn't mentioned, so I guess Rayman hasn't already been announced as a trophy.

Timeaisis

I don't know if this proves anything. "APE" is absent too, so going by this logic Ness and Lucas are cut as well.

It at least proves this is concrete evidence. Unless Creatures and APE are the same entity now (which I'm not sure).

I do know in previous Smash games APE / Itoi always appeared somewhere.

What if his exclusion turns out to leave room foorrrr....

inkling_for_ssb4_by_elemental_aura-d7m1493.jpg

Well, Inkling fits Smash infinitely better than Snake, but I doubt they'd ever put a character from an unreleased game. That being said, I want both. :)

By that logic he wouldn't have been in Brawl.

I enjoyed playing as Snake a lot. Very unique moveset.
They had that MGS: Twin snakes co-developed project I guess, even if it was for the GCN. Last thing a Nintendo system got was a bad port of MGS3 released after MGS HD collection at full price.

Forkball

Ubisoft isn't mentioned, so I guess Rayman hasn't already been announced as a trophy.

This. I mean, I don't think Snake is in the game as a playable character, but I wouldn't say the boxart 100% deconfirms it.

Also I was hoping they would put an unannounced character on the back of the box...

Phamit

Well, why should they put a character in the game, that will probably never be on a Nintendo Platform again

Mario looks like he has a totally different costume on. Alternate costumes for even more character confirmed?

Would love Light Suit or Fusion Suit Samus. :D

It at least proves this is concrete evidence. Unless Creatures and APE are the same entity now (which I'm not sure).

I do know in previous Smash games APE / Itoi always appeared somewhere.
I don't know if Ape is still considered a separate company, but Itoi should be there.

Good, good.
It made zero sense to be again on it. The only great thing were the codec calls and his reveal, and the joke was already done.

The bad thing is loosing a unique set. It's a pity becuase it could have been use as a more parody thing with Ray from Disaster, too bad the game sold like shit and america didnt even got it, because I loved it. Also main theme is great and would have loved to see a stage with all the disasters included as hazards.

Top Bottom