• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros 4 roster to be completely revealed next month on corocoro

CorvoSol

You really shouldn't jump to conclusions or make assumptions. I'm very aware of how long FE has been a series. What you're not considering is whether those characters are recognizable or even attractive to a western audience. So next time, you might instead assume that someone that has heavily frequented Gaf for fourteen years would know a thing or two about Nintendo. And you know, already has most of the Super Famicom FE games in his collection. ;) Doesn't mean I have to like their inclusion in Smash. I know that must be hard to understand.

Last I checked, Awakening sold damn well in the west, which means your argument is bubpkiss on this front, too.

Because that's where the lion's share of sales are?
That's not a good reason at all. The Smash Bros. series can stand on its own two legs without catering to any audience because it's that huge. Adding in characters from Fire Emblem Awakening is not going to affect the Western sales in a negative way whatsoever. Every character that could potentially sell the game to a large group of people has already been added. The main reason people are going to buy the new Smash Bros. is because it's a new Smash Bros. If Waluigi, Krystal and King K. Rool were added instead of Lucina, Robin and Palutena, the sales wouldn't be much, if any different.

Darius

Banned
You really shouldn't jump to conclusions or make assumptions. I'm very aware of how long FE has been a series. What you're not considering is whether those characters are recognizable or even attractive to a western audience. So next time, you might instead assume that someone that has heavily frequented Gaf for fourteen years would know a thing or two about Nintendo. And you know, already has most of the Super Famicom FE games in his collection. ;) Doesn't mean I have to like their inclusion in Smash. I know that must be hard to understand.

Do you have any suggestions for Nintendo newcomer characters that will be "attractive to western audiences" for Smash4? Because to me it seems they have pretty much covered the most relevant ones when it comes to western appeal with franchises like Mario, Pokemon, Zelda and Metroid and fan favourites like Little Mac. Or do you refer to generic characters with guns when you are talking about characters with western appeal? That´s something Nintendo really isn´t known for and no relevant IP to refer to and really wouldn´t be that appealing at all if the opinions about the character roster of Playstation Allstars Battle Royal is any indication.

Spinluck

I hope Shulk isn't in the game. Haha

What do you lose out of XB fans being happy they get a character?

I will never get how some of this community can't just be happy for one another and just celebrate the characters instead of wanting a roster that completely caters to themselves.

If it's the western audience you're concerned about, the inclusion of all the Pokemon characters there are "too many" of should make sense, considering Pokemon is huge in the west.

If we really do get to see all the characters, that would be pretty crazy. I do expect to see new characters there, it is a month away.

Sponge

Banned
I'm not sure why everyone is banking so hard that this isn't a full roster reveal.

Sakurai said from the start that the reason he's been making these trailers instead of doing something like SSE again is because it got spoiled when Brawl was leaked. It's a silly reason, I know. That's what he's told us though. Considering Mario Kart 8 also let us know everything before release, and Hyrule Warriors is looking to the do the same, I think it's more of a recent Nintendo marketing thing. We're probably getting the full roster next month.

I can't wait for the meltdowns.

And Fire Emblem awakening sold really well in the west so what are you trying to prove? Like it or not Fire Emblem is incredibly popular world wide no its not Mario or Pokemon tier but its tied with Star fox and Metroid in terms of popularity, heck I'd argue its even more popular.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
if snake isn't in im boycotting nintendo forever

Axass

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2azuid/the_text_for_smash_bros_on_the_coro_coro_website/

CoroCoro admitting it's just a big recap of what was shown. A mod should change the title.

most likely not everyone will be back.

Wut? Everyone so far has been back, even clones (Toon Link), Sakurai himself said he'd like to have no cuts if possible. I'm not saying there definitely won't be cuts, it could happen, but to say that cuts are most likely is a little excessive, we have no reason to think that so far.

LOL pathetic, it was obvious though. It's less than two months anyway, I bet we'll know almost everything around the 8th/9th of September.

Aβydoς;121570570 said:
LOL pathetic, it was obvious though. It's less than two months anyway, I bet we'll know almost everything around the 8th/9th of September.

Hmm?

Edit: Oh the earlier post. Well there goes that.

That's good to hear. If everything was revealed next month I felt that meant there wasn't much left to reveal. This gives be hope for some characters.

?oe?oe

Well duh. I didn't think all the characters were going to be revealed a month before release. If all characters are going to be shown, Sakurai would space it out to keep a steady flow of info until launch.

Top Bottom