• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
A Link to the Snitch said:
If SSBB has 64 stages, I'll be very sad.

Six Melee stages is all we need.

Without classic Kirby stage (music included, please) from 64, Brawl is fail.

Not to mention the classic Hyrule Castle stage, and Peach's Castle would be simple, but great stages.

2226221703_f4e275bd02_o.jpg

TreIII

WiiRevolution1 said:
So do you think I met the cut with Play-Asia? I ordered from them back in November 18th...

It was the day they opened preorders and I'm sure I made the cut but I'm still worried. I wanna play this on the 31st (US Time) already!

November 18th? Yeah, you should be ok.

I'm some one who ordered on Dec 5, and when I asked them about my place in line, the said I was 23...out of like upwards of 400+.

So yeah...unless PA only stands to get like 5 units, we both should stand to be okay, cuz I'm expecting them to probably get a safe margin between 50-100 to start their first shipments some time tomorrow or Wednesday.

TreIII said:
November 18th? Yeah, you should be ok.

I'm some one who ordered on Dec 5, and when I asked them about my place in line, the said I was 23...out of like upwards of 400+.

So yeah...unless PA only stands to get like 5 units, we both should stand to be okay, cuz I'm expecting them to probably get a safe margin between 50-100 to start their first shipments some time tomorrow or Wednesday.

Cool. So we should both get enough, awsome!

I'll pm you my smash code when I get it =o

TreIII

WiiRevolution1 said:
Cool. So we should both get enough, awsome!

I'll pm you my smash code when I get it =o

Duly noted.

And as for those putting up the "sp0rsk symbol", I should warn you...he said that he was probably NOT going to be near a computer when he stands to get the game. Hell, if it gets really serious, I wouldn't count on seeing him come back any time soon. :lol

But hey, keep going with the Ouendan/EBA stuff! It's awesome!

Jiggy

Alright, after a lot of pausing on the Iwata Asks video, plus the info from the Sticker Power-Ups and yesterday's update, these are all the known sticker types I spotted:

Arm Attack
Body Attack
Electric Attack, Electric Resistance
Energy Attack
Explosive Attack
Flame Attack
Freezing Attack
Head Attack
Launch Power, Launch Resistance
Leg Attack
Magic Attack
Slash Attack, Slash Resistance
Specials: Direct Attack
Specials: Indirect Attack
Spin Attack
Throwing Attack
Weapon Attack

Battering Resistance
Flinch Resistance
Food Effect
Swim Time

I don't want to infer that there's a Resistance for each type, necessarily, but there might be. And there could also be Battering Power and Flinch Power. Let me know if any of you have seen any sticker powers I missed, because I'm already throwing together lists of the veterans' moves and which attacking category each should fit in.

coreycubed

Neo Member
FFS guys, it's "sp0rsk" not sporks. Also, whoever was refuting the Sora as developer claim hasn't been following closely, as Sakurai only revealed them to be the studio he's been collaborating with. The back of the box clearly states Sora, and I don't see the Game Arts logo at all on there.

ShadowXOR

50 Different save files for SSE.

Which points to 50 different characters....

That doesn't even make sense. We've seen that as the SSE story goes forward you change characters and can pick between different people at different points.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
WiiRevolution1 said:
50 Different save files for SSE.

Which points to 50 different characters....

That makes no sense. At all. The SSE uses pre-defined sets characters for each stage. Even if it didn't.. that would still make no sense. Why the hell would having 50 save slots for the SSE, presuming they are save slots in the traditional sense, have anything whatsoever to do with the game's character count.

[Edit] ShadowXOR, *high five*

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Do we even have a source for the translation of that text? 50 SSE save slots seems like a bizarre thing to put on the back of the box.

ggnoobIGN said:
How. The. Hell. Has. This. Game. Not. Been. 100%. Leaked. Yet.

And. Why. Do. I. Use. Periods. After. Every. Time. I. Write. A. Word.

Well, it's still quite possible that the rumored 35 character roster is authentic. But even that only came out about a week ago. Overall this game has been the most impressively guarded in recent memory.

NTom64

Tathanen said:
That makes no sense. At all. The SSE uses pre-defined sets characters for each stage. Even if it didn't.. that would still make no sense. Why the hell would having 50 save slots for the SSE, presuming they are save slots in the traditional sense, have anything whatsoever to do with the game's character count.

[Edit] ShadowXOR, *high five*

Err...where was this confirmed? Surely you would have to pick a starting point of some sorts. I mean, not EVERYONE wants to start off as Mario or Kirby. I'm surprised no-one's leaked how the SSE fully works yet -_-

But yeah, I'm banking on selectable characters, just like in Melee.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
HK-47 said:
SSB still has the best stages

Agreed for them to not have all or at least the bulk of SSB stages in Brawl would be really stupid. I mean I guess we can just make them our selves, but its just not the same.

I also fear that the Brawl stages all seem to have too many outside variables and changes, few of them are just as is like the original SSB stages.

Jiggy

OliveJuice said:
Did I miss something....What's swim time?
Characters can swim in water for a brief period of time now instead of falling straight down, so I guess the Swim Time + sticker increases how long they can stay there. Seems pretty pointless to me unless there's loads of water in Subspace Emissary, but whatever. :lol

Edit: What am I saying? This is Sakurai. There'll probably be some part or other where you absolutely need to have improved swim time to get to a hidden trophy or something not unlockable anywhere else. >_>

NTom64 said:
Err...where was this confirmed? Surely you would have to pick a starting point of some sorts. I mean, not EVERYONE wants to start off as Mario or Kirby. I'm surprised no-one's leaked how the SSE fully works yet -_-

Well, seeing as there's a plot, with cutscenes, and the characters change as you go through according to what we've seen... the pre-chosen characters thing is about, oooh, a million times more likely than selectable from what we know right now.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
NTom64 said:

Every time we've ever seen the SSE it's started with the Mario/Kirby fight. Then Zelda/Peach jump down and you choose who you want to use during a Primid free-for-all battle, then Petey Piranha blows mario away and you fight him with Kirby, then Peach or Zelda get captured by Wario, then blah blah blah.

The first few stages of the SSE are well known, and have been shown in numerous videos and at numerous events. If you don't want to start off as Mario or Kirby, tough. This isn't the SSBM adventure mode. It has a defined plot, be it branching or not, and you're going to have to play as whoever the game makes available to you. You'd better get used to the idea.

If you want to choose your character, that's what Classic mode is for.

NTom64

Crushed said:
Well, the beginning of SSE has you selecting Mario or Kirby.

So... you start off selecting Mario or Kirby.

Who's to say that's not just the start of both Mario and Kirby's storyline? You could still have them join up eventually on the same team, but obviously as we've seen they go through very different paths to reunite after being separated at the coliseum.

Jiggy37 said:
Characters can swim in water for a brief period of time now instead of falling straight down, so I guess the Swim Time + sticker increases how long they can stay there. Seems pretty pointless to me unless there's loads of water in Subspace Emissary, but whatever. :lol

Edit: What am I saying? This is Sakurai. There'll probably be some part or other where you absolutely need to have improved swim time to get to a hidden trophy or something not unlockable anywhere else. >_>

Thanks. This will just be one of those little touches to the game that will make it shine with the intensity of a thousand suns.

NTom64 said:
Who's to say that's not just the start of both Mario and Kirby's storyline? You could still have them join up eventually on the same team, but obviously as we've seen they go through very different paths to reunite after being separated at the coliseum.
Yea. Mario and Kirby's storyline could start after they get dropped off by the bus.

NTom64 said:
Well, we've also seen on the Donkey/Diddy bit you choose which one of the two you play as there. Everything so far points to there being preset characters, so far it's been 2 of them each time, and you choose one of them.

Does anyone know if you can have different save files which have don't share the same characters, challenges, etc. I want to have a separate file from my brother, this annoyed me in Mario Strikers Charged, or can I just use an SD card for his saves or something. I've never really used SD cards for save files before.

NTom64

JonathanEx said:
Well, we've also seen on the Donkey/Diddy bit you choose which one of the two you play as there. Everything so far points to there being preset characters, so far it's been 2 of them each time, and you choose one of them.

Mmm, I suppose. Ahh well, not long to wait now until we found out for real :D

NTom64 said:
Mmm, I suppose. Ahh well, not long to wait now until we found out for real :D
Tis rather exciting, I'm watching videos from the Dojo again in anticipation.

I'm European, I'm never gonna live out the spoilers for three years, I might as well get them as they come.

Jiggy

Trying to sort Link's moves by type in order to figure out which stickers they can be boosted by is some kind of exercise in futility:

Link

Neutral A, A, A: Slash + Weapon, Slash + Weapon, Slash(/Stab if it exists?) + Weapon
Up tilt: Slash + Weapon
Forward tilt: Slash + Weapon
Down tilt: Slash + Weapon
Up smash: Slash + Weapon, x3
Forward smash: Slash + Weapon, x2
Down smash: Slash + Weapon
Neutral air: Leg
Up air: Slash(/Stab?) + Weapon
Forward air: Slash + Weapon
Back air: Leg, x2
Down air: Slash(/Stab?) + Weapon
Special: Specials: Indirect + Weapon
Up special: Specials: Direct + Slash + Weapon
Forward special: Specials: Indirect + Weapon
Down special: Specials: Indirect + Weapon + Explosive (+ Throwing?)
Throw hit: Weapon
Up throw: Slash + Weapon + Throwing
Forward throw: Leg + Throwing
Back throw: Leg + Throwing
Down throw: Arm + Throwing

The thing is, if this were any other game I'd look at this nonsense and say, "Okay, there's no way the system is this complex. The throws are all probably based only on the Throwing Attack stat, the specials are all probably based only on the Specials: Direct/Indirect, and the Weapon Attack category is probably only meant to apply to A attacks that use non-sword weapons like King Dedede's hammer and Lucas' bat."
But there are two reasons I can't say that. First, it's Sakurai. :lol I'm not writing anything off. And second, there are so, so many categories of attack types that it would seem strange to me if they were really boiled down to only one attack type per move. Take Zelda's Din's Fire, for example... Is it a Magic or a Fire Attack? Why not both? Or the beloved Knee that everybody wants to return: it has elements of Leg and Electric Attack. Or Pikachu's forward air: that seems like Body + Spin + Electric.

Ah, well, whatever. These are just the preliminary stages anyway, nothing set in stone yet. I'll just write down as many possibilities as are known. :D

coreycubed said:
FFS guys, it's "sp0rsk" not sporks.

I'm sure many are aware of that but I still can't help but picture this:
istockphoto_37208_spork.jpg

Only now it's mad with an Opoona face, has sprouted many arms and typing like a whirlwind on it's keyboard.

Teasel

Jiggy37 said:
Alright, after a lot of pausing on the Iwata Asks video, plus the info from the Sticker Power-Ups and yesterday's update, these are all the known sticker types I spotted:

Arm Attack
Body Attack
Electric Attack, Electric Resistance
Energy Attack
Explosive Attack
Flame Attack
Freezing Attack
Head Attack
Launch Power, Launch Resistance
Leg Attack
Magic Attack
Slash Attack, Slash Resistance
Specials: Direct Attack
Specials: Indirect Attack
Spin Attack
Throwing Attack
Weapon Attack

Battering Resistance
Flinch Resistance
Food Effect
Swim Time

I don't want to infer that there's a Resistance for each type, necessarily, but there might be. And there could also be Battering Power and Flinch Power. Let me know if any of you have seen any sticker powers I missed, because I'm already throwing together lists of the veterans' moves and which attacking category each should fit in.

yeah... in the japanese video that leaked ... you can see that one of the mother sticker increase PSI something

NTom64

WiiRevolution1 said:
Gosh dang it we need a spoiler thread! Theres a new video which shows off the end of the DK stage...but I can't post it because I don't wanna get bant ._.

Is that the one where

DK gets turned into a trophy by Bowser
?

If so, I gotta check that out :D

Jiggy

Teasel said:
yeah... in the japanese video [...] you can see that one of the mother sticker increase PSI something
Okay, thanks. :D You might want to edit the part of your post I took out, though... >_> I can't remember whether any of the people who got banned yesterday got banned even though they had spoiler-tagged their stuff, but I wouldn't risk it. >_>

The rule is normally a week early for an official thread, but nooo, we're not allowed one until someone's written up lengthy, detailed impressions. :p

farnham said:
Q4 in Europe..and 2009 for Mario kart.. you heard it here first..
Please tell me this is a joke. Or if it isn't, please give me a link.

And Nintendo Europe's phone number.

farnham

Banned
JonathanEx said:
The rule is normally a week early for an official thread, but nooo, we're not allowed one until someone's written up lengthy, detailed impressions. :p

Please tell me this is a joke. Or if it isn't, please give me a link.

And Nintendo Europe's phone number.

Well this is kinda the official thread already.. and of course its a joke

If the japanese version has full english somehow included i'd import a japanese wii just for smash bros.

One of my mates loves smash brothers melee, think i've beaten him once out of like 30 games, using peach :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom