• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros For Wii U may be delayed in UK if ordered from Amazon

Hi guys,

I just thought I'd give everyone a heads up because I pre-ordered Super Smash Bros for Wii U with the gamecube adaptor and controller, and I just recieved this email:

"Hello,

Due to a late supply of stock, your order for "Nintendo GameCube Controller Super Smash Bros Edition (Nintendo Wii U)" from your order #00000 will be delayed. You should receive this item by Tuesday, 2 December 2014.

As a token of good will, we'd like to offer you a £3 Gift Certificate to spend on any video game product sold and dispatched by Amazon.co.uk. This code is valid until 23:59 on 31 March, 2015."

I have no idea if this is a regional issue or if it's just concerning Amazon UK customers.

It's a regional issue. I ordered my GC controller of ShopTo and they said there will be a delay.

My game + GC controller adapter bundle is still coming on time though.

Phazon

Amazon FR just sent me the Smash Wii U + GC Adapter bundle, so it really depends on the local retailers.

Some Dutch retailers won't have the game untill next week tuesday here.

Kouriozan

Damn.
Pre-ordered my Smash + adapter in September I think and I still got it, with Amazon.fr
Shame that Nintendo underproduced those adapter.

Zalman

I will be receiving my game tomorrow, but I'm going to have to wait a few more days for the controller and adapter.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Yeah, my order (Game+Cube Controller Adapter, Gamecube Controller, Link amiibo) is still being shown as "Pre-Ordered". I think it's delayed.

lewisgone

I didn't know that Amazon uk did a game, controller+adaptor bundle. I thought the uk was only getting a game+adaptor bundle.

Anyway, I guess I got lucky because mine dispatched. If it doesn't turn up tomorrow I won't even be too frustrated though, since Pokemon is also coming out. I hope the delay isn't too long for those that have been affected though.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Yeah, I've been hearing there's been a lot of issues in the UK regarding Smash.
Even my order from the Nintendo UK Webstore has a December 1st delivery date. I hope it is wrong, but I have an increasing feeling it isn't.

My bundle of the game + control adapter should arrive tomorrow. ShopTo have announced that the Amiibo are delayed due to a late shipment from Royal Mail. They are expecting the Amiibo and Smash flavoured control pads tomorrow (which is to say, they will ship tomorrow.)

So happy I still have my controller from the Gamecube launch back in 2002...

I don;t see how Nintendo is going to win back consumer support when it can't even ship enough peripherals for its big holiday game. The Wii U has some fantastic games, and I'm willing to overlook this stuff since I have other games to play, but so do other people who are probably eyeing up an Xbox One and PS4 instead.

Contacted CS and a bunch of copies are going through dispatch process right now. So if you haven't had a delay email keep your fingers crossed!

Hasney

Fucks sake, there goes the weekend. Persona Q wasn't shipped today either so although the Smash part may be out of their control, I'm not bothering with them for new releases anymore after the Mario Kart 8 shit they pulled on me too.

EDIT: I've also not even recieved that email.

Ricky 7

I got my game with the GC adapter today from Gameseek, they also gave me a £2 voucher as well for using them. So Amazon UK is a joke only giving £3 to compensate for a 5 day delay.

Hasney

Mine still has a bloody delivery estimate for tomorrow, but since it's not shipped yet, I somehow doubt that.

wrowa

The situation seems to be pretty weird in the UK. ShopTo and Amazon are late in the UK and yet the game has already been widely available in Germany (and other European countries?) since yesterday. It's already inevitable that Nintendo didn't produce enough GameCube adapters for Europe either, though (went around town today and the adapter was already sold out everyhwere, despite its actual release date being tomorrow).

samn

Mine arrived today from The Game Collection. Only £30 when purchased with 'Kylie Sing & Dance'.

music_kylie_sing_and_dance_1_1.jpg

I ordered the Game + Gamecube controller adapter bundle and mine was dispatched earlier today for delivery tomorrow, so its not happening to everyone.

However I did order a smash Gamecube controller, which they've told me is delayed and will be with me next week - and gave me a £3 voucher. Not a problem for me as I've already got a few Gamecube controllers anyway. I fancied getting a new one whilst the opportunity's there!

Dizzy

Banned
Yeah they delayed my GC controller until Tuesday.

Luckily the game and adapter has already been dispatched by Zavvi.

Jofamo

Just pitching in, but my preorder of Smash Bros (regular edition), Pokemon and 6 Amiibo just dispatched from Amazon (at about 22:10). Delivery due tomorrow, as intended. I live in London.

LiamR

Try GAME. I ordered mine from there. It was dispatched today. I cancelled my ShopTo pre-order as soon as I got the email and re-ordered from them.

Just pitching in, but my preorder of Smash Bros (regular edition), Pokemon and 6 Amiibo just dispatched from Amazon (at about 22:10). Delivery due tomorrow, as intended. I live in London.

Got mine just a few minutes after. Also says delivery for tomorrow. Needless to say, I will be slightly ticked off if it rolls into Monday. I'd ideally like to play it over the weekend, but I'll finish up something else if not.

Saying all that, amazon have basically been doing their own delivery it seems, rather than Royal Mail, so I guess it should arrive.

LAA

Well not quite on topic, but something weird I noticed too. Shopto despatched SSB Wii U yesterday got it today. The link amiibo I ordered though only got despatched today though for some reason.
Hopefully get it tomorrow.

You know how ShopTo has that release date guarantee that if the item comes after the release date, you'll be eligible to get £5? I did a live chat with them yesterday and they said they wouldn't give me it because it's NoE's fault. They said ANY reason! :/

You know how ShopTo has that release date guarantee that if the item comes after the release date, you'll be eligible to get £5? I did a live chat with them yesterday and they said they wouldn't give me it because it's NoE's fault. They said ANY reason! :/

Not surprised. I suppose they want to avoid refunding £5 to everybody who bought an Amiibo, if they can help it. Goes against their policy though. I wouldn't trust ShopTo just like I wouldn't trust ANY other video games retail chain over here in the UK these days. Absolutely not one of them.

This happened to me too. I totally understand how a game like Smash 4 could get a delayed delivery, but this was meant to be a gift for my sister. £3 is pathetic too so that doesn't help, but I guess there must have been a lot of £3 vouchers to give or something.

yatesl

Just been on the webchat with Amazon

11:09 PM GMT Rep (Amazon): I have checked that the item should be delivered to you tomorrow.
11:09 PM GMT Rep (Amazon): As the item is still not supplied to us from the suppliers, we were unable to dispatch it to our customers.

He still lives in hope, but I have to wonder...

Game + adapter here, no controller.

Saying all that, amazon have basically been doing their own delivery it seems, rather than Royal Mail, so I guess it should arrive.

Amazon Logistics deliver on Saturday and Sundays too, so don't give up hope if it isn't there by Friday.

ruddiger7

Banned
The situation seems to be pretty weird in the UK. ShopTo and Amazon are late in the UK and yet the game has already been widely available in Germany (and other European countries?) since yesterday. It's already inevitable that Nintendo didn't produce enough GameCube adapters for Europe either, though (went around town today and the adapter was already sold out everyhwere, despite its actual release date being tomorrow).

Yeah, we sold out a month before release in Australia on the gamecube bundles. I had to preorder from a retailer who gets UK stock. Now they have increased the price from $89 to $132 for the bundle knowing stock is limited.

walnuts

Mine was shipped today and it's supposed to arrive tomorrow. Ordered from Amazon.es

(Just the game, no adapter)

My game (with adapter) and amiibos shipped and will arrive tomorrow. I got an email off Amazon saying they couldn't fulfil my second adapter and the two extra GC pads I ordered until next week, but they gave me £10 of vouchers for the trouble. Not bothered about the extra pads, don't need them for another week anyway!

LAA

Ah yeah forgot about that. Annoyingly was expecting tomorrow (today technicually), for them to arrive, but got another email now about a problem with royal mail collection so they're hoping to ship it tomorrow for Saturday.
I may be too impatient and see if I can get a samus amiibo somewhere... Hopefully Sainsburys sell amiibos...

Betty

Banned
And there it is, just got the email and they're estimating a 19th December arrival date now instead.

Well fuck that.

I'm going for shop to instead, but being this late in ordering it'll probably be the same story.

mgcemir

Banned
Gamecollection fucked me good. Made up some payment processing problem and canceled my preorder for adapter with game. Now i had to just buy the game and w8 on the restock of the adapter. Pricks.

And there it is, just got the email and they're estimating a 19th December arrival date now instead.

Well fuck that.

I'm going for shop to instead, but being this late in ordering it'll probably be the same story.

Just did the same. I really am not hoping for anything. My birthday is Saturday and I was having a Smash party with a bunch of people travelling from up North down South for it but it might well have no Smash. Thanks for nothing Amazon.

Top Bottom