• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SMASH BROS IN THE HIZOUSE (neo tokyo asplode)

Proven

Threi said:
IGN has some really good quality vids up btw.

Watching now.

Ugh, they're too damn short. Everything I've watched since the game has gotten into people's hands have all been at least 2 minutes long, jeez. Least IGN can do is stop with their 30 second or so videos. It's terrible when commercials are even quarter the length of the video you're putting up.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Synless said:
Someone needs to check that ZSS thing, She's one of the characters I wanted to play as.

Edit* I also saw Mr. Game and Watch in here earlier, is he playable or just a character that you fight against???

playable

Firestorm

I just saw the IGN video of Metaknight unlocking a certain character. First time I got to see Meta Knight's moves up close now that I think of it. We need more 1v1 footage where we can scope out the attacks fully!

I just recieved a secret message from somewhere in the blackness of the internet that says holding R while picking Samus allows you to play as ZSS. I won't know if this is for reals till tonight. Unless someone else who has it can confirm.

It's true. Just did it now. :D

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Hey sp0rsk, I know you haven't gone through the sound test yet, but can you tell me if the song "Pollyanna" from Mother is in, please?

Why is this the first thing I think to ask sp0rsk?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Iam Canadian said:
Hey sp0rsk, I know you haven't gone through the sound test yet, but can you tell me if the song "Pollyanna" from Mother is in, please?

Why is this the first thing I think to ask sp0rsk?

Actually, I went to look for it last night, but we had to move on to other modes. So I didn't get a chance to find out.

Proven

donkey show said:
It's true. Just did it now. :D

Can you check with the other control options?

See if it also works with L? If it does, then go into custom control change and see what happens if you move around the Shield command and if the transformation is locked to that.

Sakurai be damned if I have to use a GCN/CC controller to play as her.

sprsk

Guys, keep spoilers out of this thread, there are JGaffers who haven't been following them and specifically avoiding those threads so as not to ruin the experience.

Redd

Sporks how does online smash play? Does it lag much or you hardly notice, and have you had any players timeout?

jwj442

ZSS being selectable is excellent news. After today's update, I was really worried Sakurai had dropped the ball there. It was my one real reservation with the roster.:D

sprsk

Redd said:
Sporks how does online smash play? Does it lag much or you hardly notice, and have you had any players timeout?

No time outs, read my 1up impressions jerky!

Congradulations, Sp0rsk, you now have every smash fan on this board in a state of sheer awe and envy. :lol You lucky, lucky bastard.

I can't wait to play as Ike.

ant1532

Banned
so sp0rsk, did you get the game and bring it to the 1up offices and play with the peeps there all day and night? Was it you, mark, and johntv? How many hours you guys put in?

scottnak

jwj442 said:
ZSS being selectable is excellent news. After today's update, I was really worried Sakurai had dropped the ball there. It was my one real reservation with the roster.:D
Thou shalt not doubt Sakurai

Fireblend

Banned
Redd said:
Sporks how does online smash play?
BentG-sporks-VAR0001.jpg

Hey sp0rsk, how awesome is Lucas? And, what kind of internet connection were you playing with? Any interesting item/A.T. we haven't heard of? And finally, did you get to play the coin launcher? I saw a video that looked like it had awkward controls, was it just whoever was playing or is there some trick to using it?

Damn, the amount of music in this game is just stunning... I really value music in videogames and the fact that such a team came together to create 100+ (200+??) tracks of Nintendo's classic titles make this game and absolutely must-buy for me without taking anything else into account. Can't wait to get my hands on that OST...

sprsk

ant1532 said:
so sp0rsk, did you get the game and bring it to the 1up offices and play with the peeps there all day and night? Was it you, mark, and johntv? How many hours you guys put in?

Yeah pretty much. John didn't play he had to "work" and Mark was busy doing footage and filling the room up with tissues, so basically it was just me most of the time and later on another guy named Brian showed up and we played together. Played from 5:00 to 11:00ish

There is not enough time in the day for Smash.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
sp0rsk said:
Yeah pretty much. John didn't play he had to "work" and Mark was busy doing footage and filling the room up with tissues, so basically it was just me most of the time and later on another guy named Brian showed up and we played together. Played from 5:00 to 11:00ish

There is not enough time in the day for Smash.

You far in the SSE? It sound like you got a lot of songs is why I'm wondering

sprsk

HK-47 said:
You far in the SSE? It sound like you got a lot of songs is why I'm wondering

18% through. It doesn't feel like I got a lot of songs, I think only really got around 10 new ones.

Redd

sp0rsk said:
No time outs, read my 1up impressions jerky!

Nice just read it. That's good to know I got alot of old friends across the country and we were worried about the online mode.

ant1532 said:
You just exploded smashboards.

thanks btw :D
HAHA Fuck YEAH!!!

And btw, Wiimote users aren't fucked. Hold down the minus button to do the same.

Posting pics just to let y'all see I'm not fucking with y'all.

suzxp4.jpg

1zlvdza.jpg

rlaxa8.jpg

s63fj6.jpg

She jettisons her armor and you can throw them at the enemy. :D

Fireblend

Banned
donkey show said:
HAHA Fuck YEAH!!!

And btw, Wiimote users aren't fucked. Hold down the minus button to do the same.

Posting pics just to let y'all see I'm not fucking with y'all.

We... definitely need more pics/videos from you... *drools*

ant1532

Banned
sp0rsk said:
18% through. It doesn't feel like I got a lot of songs, I think only really got around 10 new ones.
You might not know the answer to this since its pretty specific but maybe for later.

Thing is, I'm pretty sure it's been said and there isn't any leaderboards or anything like that in the online mode but anyways, in melee under the data option and then under records they kept stats for matches played , won, lost, ko's, etc. Now in the data menu for brawl where they keep similar stats on vs matches, etc, do they have anything for online games won or anything pertaining to online records?

Oh yeah, doesn't seem like I can start of with Shiek doing the same technique, but for Wii-mote nunchuck users, hold Z instead of minus to change to ZSS from the get go.

ant1532 said:
You might not know the answer to this since its pretty specific but maybe for later.

Thing is, I'm pretty sure it's been said and there isn't any leaderboards or anything like that in the online mode but anyways, in melee under the data option and then under records they kept stats for matches played , won, lost, ko's, etc. Now in the data menu for brawl where they keep similar stats on vs matches, etc, do they have anything for online games won or anything pertaining to online records?
I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in the Dojo or Iwata ask's that online rankings/matches are not saved.

Edit:

When playing With Friends, you can compose short messages, but when brawling with random players, however, names aren’t displayed and neither records nor brawling results are saved

Proven

donkey show said:
Oh yeah, doesn't seem like I can start of with Shiek doing the same technique, but for Wii-mote nunchuck users, hold Z instead of minus to change to ZSS from the get go.

Hmm, the only things I can ask for you to do now is check if the B button works for Wiimote users and if Dpad Down works for Nunchuck users.

Other than that, thank you. You've done the internet a great service.

Top Bottom