• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

Ganhyun

This adventure is borderline unplayable.

Amaterasu that builds only attack speed with 0 protections. Bastest that dies 23 times in a 12 minute match.

I wish you had to take an IQ test to play Smite.

Edit: Oh boy, a Hercules with 0 protections. Instead he opted for Ninja Tabi, Transcendence, Hydra's Lament and Hastened Katana.

my herc is completely different in that mode.

shoguns kusanari
breastplate of valor
jotuns wrath

and then more power and cooldown as i can get it. gotta be able to push people off the map as quick as possible.

Conquest, gods like Agni or Ratotorsk. Gotta admit I don't think too deeply about what others have chosen. Do people care so much outside ranked games?

Conquest, gods like Agni or Ratotorsk. Gotta admit I don't think too deeply about what others have chosen. Do people care so much outside ranked games?

I don't know why people would be mad about an Agni pick. Agni is not overpowered or underpowered, he's known in the community as the "most balanced god" overall cause he can be other or. To be honest, yeah, people do care way too much about picks, but there's clearly a theme depending on how people choose in Casual. In Casual Conquest, most people try work around the first one or two picks, such as in example: Someone locks in Awilix, you're gonna wanna pick up gods with knock ups such as Poseidon, Chaac,Ganesha and so on. On top of that, most people get salty for nearly anything in SMITE.

Assuming you're playing Agni in mid and Rat in jungle those aren't bad picks, there are better Gods in those roles but those 2 are fine.

What it sounds like is you're picking these Gods into team comps that already have a mid or jungler.
Conquest has a pretty strict meta. If your team has 4 roles filled and then you go and pick a God that fills one of those 4 already filled then I can understand people questioning your pick.

Support is often the role left unfilled, your team is probably looking for you to pick a guardian. People generally aren't too fussed what guardian you pick but Agni and Rat can't support.

Are you calling your role in the lobby chat? If you call out mid or jungle before anyone else most people will accept this and look to fill another role (there will ofc be people who don't follow this general rule).

The above is bang on. Casual Conquest isn't necessarily super srs but people generally want a game that at least starts off on a good footing, i.e. good team comp.

Any tips on how to get deeper to whole game meta? I just play few games a week for fun and of course try to choose god that works in that team. But I don't really know about roles of different gods too well, or what gods are huge no no.

Navid

Why do I get often messages like "why?!" After I have chosen my god?

Assuming you picked those in the mid lane and the jungle (maybe even solo) respectively and people have a issue with you then they are far too invested into the 'meta' and you should ignore them.

Instead try to do your best with the character you and your team-mates have picked. Mainly this comes down to understanding when these characters are most effective and whether you should play aggressive from the start or play passively until mid/late game...

Any tips on how to get deeper to whole game meta? I just play few games a week for fun and of course try to choose god that works in that team. But I don't really know about roles of different gods too well, or what gods are huge no no.

Watching streams or SPL matches is a good way to get an understanding of the meta. The SPL isn't on right now but I believe will start the Autumn split in a couple of weeks.
I would suggest watching Incon on twitch, he streams most week days.

In general though you want and hunter in the long lane (duo), a mage in the mid lane, a warrior in the short (solo) lane, an assassin in the jungle and a guardian who starts in the duo bu then rotates later to mid.

There are some gods who can play in other or even multiple roles, Ao Kuang (mage) in the jungle (he actually doesn't reallt fit anywhere but the jungle), Athena (guardian) in the jungle or solo are some examples but the above is a good guideline.

First and foremost,
Watch the SPL on Twitch. No, I am not saying to follow their builds exactly because they will do crazy things. They're Pros, they can do essentially what makes sense to them and they're always counter building against their opponents. That's the reality of things, however, you learn a lot about game mechanics. The commentators on the team: Hinduman, Taco & F. along with Aggro, are very very good at explaining what teams are doing and why.

Second,
Watch streamers on Twitch. There's a composed list on /r/Smite, here, with players sorted by position.

Thirdly,
just keep playing dude. That's the only way to learn. You get comfortable with gods and you learn more and more about them. Don't try to over expand your god pool for whatever the main one or two positions you play. You can't expect to get good when you're always trying to learn the game unless you stick with a good god pool of like 5-6 gods. If you ever want to experiment, play Clash, that's sort of what it's there for. It allows for people to get comfortable with getting buffs and you can experiment with builds/gods because it's not as serious as Conquest.

hel1nk9m.png

kWNtav3.gif

Hachiman looks super cool but seems like he might be a bit weak out of the gate. Maybe a bit tough to evaluate though because he definitely seems like a crit god.

Thought about going for the 75 ranked wins skin but I don't know if I can do it. Too many idiots.

Multiple Joust games where my teammate first picks Da Ji then dives the enemy team and gets deleted then starts blaming everyone else.

I know I haven't been very active for a while now, but this was always one of my go-to GAF communities over the years. I've been posting here since the very beginning.

Thank you everyone for all the fun memories. I'll miss these tight-knit OTs.

DeviantBoi

Finally got the big-head Cupid skin. I can stop spending favor on chests.

And I got the RIP avatar from an Odyssey chest that I got from 3 FWOTD today.

It was a good day.

Loving Chang’e.

Top Bottom