• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smoking-gun email reveals how Hunter Biden introduced Ukrainian businessman to VP dad

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Also remember that a week ago the media all came to bat for Steve Scully and his I was hacked BS story. So these are the liars we are dealing with. They all said ya Scully was hacked he would never send that message I vouch for him.

These are the people now telling us this is fake and Russian disinfo.

Clearly if they will lie for Scully about a fake hack, they will crawl on broken glass for their deer leader.

dolabla

Oct 9, 2013
The other thing to consider: the Democrat coddling media is all too keen on discussing conspiracies when it hurts or allows them to mock Republicans, but they aren' talking about this at all. Now why is that? An another thing to consider: the email from Hunter's Ukranian buddies was sent to Hunter only a couple days before Joe Biden went there and fired the prosecutor looking into Burisma. Pretty convenient, eh?
Just got done reading this article about the blatantly obvious and intentional double standard from the media/social media. A really good read:

On Wednesday, the New York Postreleased what they claimed was “smoking gun” evidence of corruption involving Hunter Biden, troubled son of Democratic nominee Joe Biden.

The “blockbuster” had a controversial provenance. A computer repair shop in Delaware reportedly came to possess a laptop belonging to the younger Biden. According to the Post, it contained a treasure trove of Republican oppo, including videos of the younger Biden smoking crack and having sex, and emails from a Ukrainian businessman pleading with Hunter to use connections to help the corrupt energy firm Burisma escape a shakedown.
Later, the Burisma exec appeared to thank the younger Biden for an introduction to his father. The Post strongly suggested that these emails, in conjunction with the well-known tale of Joe Biden demanding the ouster of then-General Prosecutor Viktor Shokin, represented a misuse of influence.

Soon after the story was published, we were hit with a stunner: two major tech platforms, Twitter and Facebook, took third-world style steps to limit the distribution of the story. Facebook announced that it was slowing the article’s spread on its news feed via a tweet from Andy Stone, a Facebook employee whose previous jobs included handling communications for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee and for Democratic Senator Barbara Boxer:

Twitter’s response was more extreme. It allowed the story to reach #3 on its list of Trending topics before blocking it as “potentially unsafe,” preventing anyone, even the author of the piece, from sharing it. It then took the extraordinary step of locking the account of the White House press secretary, Kayleigh McInany, explaining in a series of tweets that the story had been halted for several reasons, including on the grounds that the materials had been hacked.

Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey seemed torn about his company’s decision:

A day later, facing intense public pressure and threats of Senate inquiry, the company relented and said it would change its policy. Twitter’s legal chief, the New York Times said, was worried that the firm “could end up blocking content from journalists,” implying that it hadn’t already done just that. The company said it would henceforth allow similar content to be shared, affixed to a label about the source of the information.

The intervention by the two platforms resulted in a predictable Streisand effect, in which an effort to censor results instead in increased attention. Conservatives lost their minds; Ted Cruz described the platforms’ actions as “actively interfering in an election”; The Hill called it a “Declaration of War”; Tennessee Senator Marsha Blackburn used the word “despicable”:
The near-universal reaction among mainstream press outlets, meanwhile, was to denounce the Post story as dangerous, and probably foreign, misinformation. The expose “rings all the foreign-disinformation alarms in the book,” said Axios. “[Rudy Giuliani] and the New York Post Are Pushing Russian Disinformation,” sneered Mother Jones, the publication which introduced the raunchiest parts of the unverified Steele Dossier to the American public. “B.S. Ukraine Smear,” chirped Salon.

Of the outlets who bothered to cover the story, nearly all of them weighed it not according to its truth or untruth, but in terms of its potential impact on the coming presidential election. A New York Times headline was typical of the attitude of the “reputable” press toward this story:

Times writer Kevin Roose noted that “politicians and pundits” have hoped for a stronger response from tech firms ever since “Russian hackers and Wikileaks” injected “stolen emails from the Hillary Clinton campaign” into the public discourse in the last election cycle.

“Since 2016,” he wrote, “lawmakers, researchers and journalists have pressured these companies to take more and faster action to prevent false or misleading information from spreading on their services.”
Roose neglected to mention that the “stolen emails” in 2016 were real, and not “false or misleading misinformation.” That they may have damaged the Democratic Party was not great for them, but as Bill Clinton-appointed federal judge John Koeltl ruled in the Democrats’ failed lawsuit against Wikileaks, the Trump campaign, and Russia, those documents were of “public concern” and therefore protected by the First Amendment:
The only thing that should matter, when it comes to stories like this, is whether or not the material is true and in the public interest. This disturbing new confederation of media outlets and tech firms is rewriting that standard.
The optics of a former Democratic Party spokesman suddenly donning a Facebook official’s hat to announce a ban of a story damaging to Democrats couldn’t be worse. Moreover, the Orwellian construct described in papers like the Times suggests that for tech executives, pundits, and Democratic Party officials alike, the lines between fake news and bad news, between actual misinformation and information that is merely politically adverse, have been blurred. It’s no longer clear that some of these people see a meaningful distinction between the two ideas.
The public can’t help but see this. While papers like the Times denounce the true Podesta emails as “misinformation,” and Facebook says the New York Post story must be kept out of sight until verified, the standard for, say, the Steele dossier was and is opposite. In that case, we were told “raw intelligence” should be published so that “Americans can make up their own minds” about information that, while “salacious and unverified,” may still be freely read on Twitter and Facebook, reported on in the New York Times and Washington Post, and talked about on NBC, so long as it has not been completely “disproven.”
As Erik Wemple of the Washington Post points out, even that last point is no longer true, but the Steele dossier and plenty of other products of what Axios calls “hack and leak” journalism continue to be embraced and freely distributed. The obvious double-standard guarantees that the tech platforms will henceforth be viewed by a huge portion of the population as political censors instead of standards enforcers, and moreover that mainstream press pronouncements about such controversies will be deemed automatically untrustworthy by that same population.

Last edited:

autoduelist

Gold Member
Aug 30, 2014
I don't think the Trump team or anyone else actually expected social media to ban the story and go after verified accounts that posted it. That whole thing caught them off-guard, and I think led to the trickle strategy we see now. They want a large number of stories, even if they are weak, so it is easy for people to find a hook into the broader narrative. I have concerns with that strategy given that early voting is going on and the elections is very close, but it is understandable.
I agree they never expected the ban, but I think what is going on right now is well planned. They are going to keep this in the news till election.

It is easy to sweep away a story, even a big one -Kenosha, Denver, ACB... our nation has attention deficit disorder. But if you drip drip drip and promise more, you can give this story legs. More importantly, if they have particularly damning evidence, you gain the chance to catch your opponent in lies.

Releasing everything at once would have been a mistake. Now, how you time the drips, what order they are in, etc., would all be up for debate. It is possible they have something on pop himself. Maybe building up to it will make sense once all is revealed.

I'm still curious if we are going to hear the name Bin Laden.

OSC

Jun 16, 2018
You know I’ve thought about this before. What if a deal was made. “We make you the most talked about president ever but you help us further our agenda.”

It sounds crazy but Trump is no saint. He is so egotistical I could see this as a logical plan. The way the common folk worship him would be playing into it 100%, not to mention all of the actual viable candidates the DNC had but they go with Biden. It just doesn’t make sense. He is literally the worst candidate possible. The polls are against Trump and if he wins it will be the greatest under dawg story ever.

I am drunk and I doubt this makes sense. I hope Trump wins but o will never truly true the system.
and he fills the courts and supreme with constitutional judges that will defend the nation from the attacks of the far left and globalists for decades to come.

and he takes measures to improve the economy, bring jobs back, secure the border.

and he starts to drain the swamp.

Reactions: SpartanN92

SpartanN92

Gold Member
Sep 7, 2012
Kentucky, it’s not as bad as Australia
Pray Trump wins guys. NO ONE else will confront the Media/BigTech/DNC partnership if he loses.
This whole affair is just the latest (and greatest) in a long string of the corruption from the three. It needs to end. Twitter needs to be broken up and Jack Dorsey put in jail. The MSM media cabals need to be purged so we see a return to true journalistic ethics. How did we stray so far from the old Walter Cronkite days?

Last edited:

OSC

Jun 16, 2018
I don't think the Trump team or anyone else actually expected social media to ban the story and go after verified accounts that posted it. That whole thing caught them off-guard, and I think led to the trickle strategy we see now. They want a large number of stories, even if they are weak, so it is easy for people to find a hook into the broader narrative. I have concerns with that strategy given that early voting is going on and the elections is very close, but it is understandable.
They expected it, they want the people to see it first hand and full blown, so they can put big tech in the butcher block.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
I don't think the Trump team or anyone else actually expected social media to ban the story and go after verified accounts that posted it. That whole thing caught them off-guard, and I think led to the trickle strategy we see now.
the trickle strategy is what led to the social media ban. it's a way to continuously bait the media & left, rather than spend it all in one news cycle.

if this was a single news drop, they could silence it. instead they have been strategically releasing more and more in little bits, letting the media and other actors involved to fuck up.

it's a brilliant strat. everyone wanting them to go nuclear is missing the point. this is the best way to get the most impact. the blowback from people like Twitter/Facebook trying to cover it up alone makes it worthwhile.

Last edited:

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
By the media's own standards even if this whole thing was just a "conspiracy " (it doesn't look like it is) doesn't Joe have to denounce crack smoking, pay for play schemes and any other shit that comes from this. It is only fair since Trump is for some reason required to denounce QAnon a collection of conspiracies that don't even involve him outside of the most tangentially strenuous links.

dolabla

Oct 9, 2013
Straight from the Kremlin, yo.

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff on Friday described revelations from a slew of emails in a laptop allegedly belonging to Hunter Biden as being part of a smear coming “from the Kremlin” -- amid claims the revelations are part of a Russian disinformation campaign.

“We know that this whole smear on Joe Biden comes from the Kremlin," Schiff said on CNN. "That's been clear for well over a year now that they've been pushing this false narrative about this vice president and his son.”
The California Democrat was responding to questions about the origins of emails, found on a laptop purported to belong to the son of Democratic nominee Joe Biden, and first reported by the New York Post.
While Fox News has not independently verified the Post’s reporting, Fox has spoken to one of the people who was copied on the email about the Chinese energy firm, who confirmed its authenticity.
Imagine being a Democrat and Russians are on every corner :messenger_tears_of_joy:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013

Imagine being a Democrat and Russians are on every corner :messenger_tears_of_joy:
I bet he has tiny skeletons in his closet.

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018

Well, now we know it's true. 'Member when Schiff said he had evidence of collusion? I do. And it wasn't just him... also that dude who ripped a fart on television, what'shisname.

Reactions: dolabla

desertdroog

Gold Member
Aug 12, 2008

Airola

Jun 25, 2015
Finland
Checking the Finnish news about this..........

Still nothing about this in Finnish mainstream media.
However, they report that Trump is much more in debt than he claims to be.

• LOL
Reactions: DeepEnigma

showernota

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2020
Checking the Finnish news about this..........

Still nothing about this in Finnish mainstream media.
However, they report that Trump is much more in debt than he claims to be.
It's hard enough getting this information to Americans. There's an umbrella of insulation in the US, and an even larger umbrella of insulation for the rest of the world.

It's really Australia that is doing the work reporting what's going on to both Americans AND the world :messenger_grinning_sweat: (Fox helps, but sometimes it seems begrudgingly..)

Feb 25, 2013
That's a dumb take in my opinion.

Hasn't he been in politics for close to 30 years? He can afford that if his salary was always this high.
How long has he owned that home? How much of that money did he save over the years? Because...

And that home is most certainly 10,000 square feet at the least... According to this...

Heck, he even owns the building and property right next door on the lake that he used to house his secret service...

The way that article talks about his constant "financial woes" really makes you think with the current events taking place...

Digital Gex

Feb 20, 2019

Phew, that was close guys, a real close call. Man

At first I was scared and panicked that there were pictures of Biden smoking crack from a crack pipe! But thank heavens for seven eleven (but not the illegals outside) that it was NOT a crack pipe. All our fears are resolved thanks to Snopes.

Turns out it was a METH pipe the whole time. Man, and you guys thought we had something to worry about or that Hunter did something illegal. Everything is now in the clear!

Actually hold on a sec.

lol.

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018

Phew, that was close guys, a real close call. Man

At first I was scared and panicked that there were pictures of Biden smoking crack from a crack pipe! But thank heavens for seven eleven (but not the illegals outside) that it was NOT a crack pipe. All our fears are resolved thanks to Snopes.

Turns out it was a METH pipe the whole time. Man, and you guys thought we had something to worry about or that Hunter did something illegal. Everything is now in the clear!

Actually hold on a sec.

lol.
I LOL'D

LordCBH

Jun 4, 2020

more like Adam Schitt

Digital Gex

Feb 20, 2019
Ice Cub honestly doesn't have the audience, he was there to move the gangsta white hollywood stereotype shit back in the day to replace the unifying, anti-drug, fun hip hop from before and then once they got Puffy and Biggie in the east, and Tupac and dogg in the west he was basically a done deal. He also did the same thing with those terrible Friday movies.

But it's good to see he is finally growing up and reaching puberty dealing with dem fallout, 45 years too late, but he finally had his balls drop.

Digital Gex

Feb 20, 2019
Now, if Trump could get Enimem to support him then a lot of white libs would move to the right. That would actually make a difference. White libs like thnking about killing their moms so Enimem connects with them.

Problem is Enimem is not a big fan of changing your gender, but I guess that's what Macklemore is for.

Thaedolus

Jun 9, 2004
How long has he owned that home? How much of that money did he save over the years? Because...

And that home is most certainly 10,000 square feet at the least... According to this...

Heck, he even owns the building and property right next door on the lake that he used to house his secret service...

The way that article talks about his constant "financial woes" really makes you think with the current events taking place...

Maybe Eric Trump is full of shit.

Reactions: TKOFromTokyo

TKOFromTokyo

Jul 20, 2020
That's a dumb take in my opinion.

Hasn't he been in politics for close to 30 years? He can afford that if his salary was always this high.
He doesn’t even own it any more, but that’s not his only million dollar home. What’s more interesting to me is that as a new senator in 1974 he bought this 10,000 sq ft former DuPont mansion for only $185k.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
According to the media Biden was broke and thats why Hunter had to take the job in Ukraine.

So you had a VP who was dead broke and had is crack addicted son take a job at a shady corrupt foreing energy company so him amd jill could keep the lights on.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: VlaudTheImpaler