• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Snake Pass dev confirms to GAF that Time Trials will be patched into Switch version

Cerium

Hey guys,

My name's Brad and I'm a design lead on Snake Pass here at Sumo.

I thought I'd out myself to pass on some good news; I can confirm that we're working on getting Time Trials patched in to the Switch version of the game. I can't tell you exactly when this is going to happen, it's not quite as simple as flicking a switch, there is some work on our end involved on getting this up and running. As soon as I have more news I'll be sure to pass it on.

Really happy to see so many people enjoying the game!
He was too modest to make his own thread I think.

weekev

Banned
Great news, the challenge of finding all the coins will tide me over till then. Really enjoying it so far. Unique twist on a conventional platformer collectathon.

Putosaure

They better patch it, it's in the News announcement of the game as one of the key features of the game ! :D
I know I won't use it as I'm too bad at the game right now.

They better patch it, it's in the News announcement of the game as one of the key features of the game ! :D
I know I won't use it as I'm too bad at the game right now.

Thought it was strange that they advertise it and it's missing.
Good to see a patch coming.

aza

Sounds great. Currently still going through the game trying to collect everything on my first run, but good to know that there'll be more to do once I'm done with all of that.

Mega

Banned
Because it's a good game with a stellar soundtrack?

Specifically, stellar soundtrack from David Wise. From Wiki:

David Wise is an English video game music composer and musician. He was a composer at Rare from 1985 to 2009, and was the company's sole musician up until 1994. He has gained a cult following for his work on various games, particularly Nintendo's Donkey Kong Country series. Wise is known for his atmospheric style of music, mixing natural environmental sounds with prominent melodic and percussive accompaniment.

Ridley327

Considering the pace I usually take in the levels right now, I expect the time trials are a deeply humbling experience.

A super rad game all the same!

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Given how ridiculously fast the devs turned around an extremely competent Switch port to hit day and date, one can forgive bonus modes not being in right at day one. That they didn't hold that mode back from other versions for "parity" also deserves mention.

Great work Sumo!!

Berordn

It's a unique and fun little puzzle game?

It's also the most fun I've ever had with a puzzle platfomer. No silly physics engine dictating everything, each puzzle is essentially "how do you do this as a snake when Mario could do it in two button presses," and it's really fun to try and get into the swing of it.

It's also the most fun I've ever had with a puzzle platfomer. No silly physics engine dictating everything, each puzzle is essentially "how do you do this as a snake when Mario could do it in two button presses," and it's really fun to try and get into the swing of it.

For sure. The controls and mechanics are pretty much perfect, they allow you to do anything and every failure I've had has been a fault of my own. I do wish that levels had a little more variation but Snake Pass is one of the most memorable games I've played this year (in a year of Zelda, Nier and various others!)

Interesting dynamic in this thread of people who answered that question with "because its good" and those with "because switch/ue4/multiplat".

Cerium

Lol, sorry for the snark.
There's also the general "New news new thread" dealio, I guess whoever posted this didn't want it to get lost within the OT that serves as a multiplat OT given that this is Switch specific news and all.
That's right. A lot of people were concerned about feature parity and I thought they would like to know.

Why is this game so popular here?
rbICyKR.png

(redundant, but I think the thread needed this)

smisk

Saw a thread about this on /v/ the other day, seems like it's getting a lot of word of mouth despite me never having heard about it until a couple days ago. Got a good RPS review as well. I'll probably pick it up at some point on Steam, gotta be worth it for that D. Wise soundtrack alone.

tsundoku

Thought it was strange that they advertise it and it's missing.
Good to see a patch coming.

On Ps4 the primary feature of the timetrial mode is an online leaderboard vs friends and vs the world, so its not too shocking it's not in the version on a console whose online features are in Early Access

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Is this really running at 480p on the switch?

EDIT: I just checked the Digital Foundry thread and 480p is actually fairly close to the resolution they found when undocked on Switch. I'm not sure if this has changed since.

Skyzard

Banned
I didn't know they were missing, it's actually quite fun.

Got #5 on level 1 and #13 on level 2 while streaming to vita from pc.

It's quite a lot of fun, but frustrating of course.

Top Bottom