• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Snake Pass has disappeared from PS Store

Bryank75

Banned
I went to buy Snake Pass for my son and to my surprise it was nowhere to be found.

I have noticed a few inconsistencies in last few months and it seems like the store is being run badly.
The recent sales was quite underwhelming too in Europe.

Here are the links;

PlayStation EU Store: https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP3021-CUSA07443_00-SNAKEPASSPSSA001…

PlayStation US Store: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP3162-CUSA07720_00-SNAKEPASSPSSA001…

I'm quite annoyed by this....if it was for myself, I wouldn't care.

Kuranghi

Alternative ideas: Could you get your son a real snake and set up an obstacle course for it maybe?

Yeah thats crap when they just disappear, on the flipside I DID NOT understand how this game worked, I tried for like 30 mins and gave up... twice lol. Plus on PC it has heavy stuttering due to weird v-sync or fps cap, maybe I can try again with RTSS and the with Win 10s fullscreen fucktimisations disabled 🤔

Banjo64

cumsessed
I went to buy Snake Pass for my son and to my surprise it was nowhere to be found.

I have noticed a few inconsistencies in last few months and it seems like the store is being run badly.
The recent sales was quite underwhelming too in Europe.

Here are the links;

PlayStation EU Store: https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP3021-CUSA07443_00-SNAKEPASSPSSA001…

PlayStation US Store: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP3162-CUSA07720_00-SNAKEPASSPSSA001…

I'm quite annoyed by this....if it was for myself, I wouldn't care.
Strange. Is it possible they are doing some backend work?

I know that when MS migrated the old Xbox store to the new one last year the store was messed up for a month or 2. Games would randomly become free for an hour or so, or they would accidentally re-list de-listed games that weren’t available due to licensing and you also couldn’t buy certain games for a while.

Bryank75

Banned
Alternative ideas: Could you get your son a real snake and set up an obstacle course for it maybe?

Yeah thats crap when they just disappear, on the flipside I DID NOT understand how this game worked, I tried for like 30 mins and gave up... twice lol. Plus on PC it has heavy stuttering due to weird v-sync or fps cap, maybe I can try again with RTSS and the with Win 10s fullscreen fucktimisations disabled 🤔
He wants a real snake, yeah. He is going through a phase at the moment... haha

Shame about the performance!

I'd like to buy him a snake but I'm sure he'd let him out.

Bryank75

Banned
Strange. Is it possible they are doing some backend work?

I know that when MS migrated the old Xbox store to the new one last year the store was messed up for a month or 2. Games would randomly become free for an hour or so, or they would accidentally re-list de-listed games that weren’t available due to licensing and you also couldn’t buy certain games for a while.
Always possible, I might tweet PlayStation and the Snake Pass twitter if it doesn't appear in the next day or two.

I was going to give them till the weekly update.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
GIF by Giphy QA

Kuranghi

He wants a real snake, yeah. He is going through a phase at the moment... haha

Shame about the performance!

I'd like to buy him a snake but I'm sure he'd let him out.

I was just being silly, but thats great!

I like when kids are into animals and insects, seeing my niece run away from spiders because my sister freaks out makes me sad because thats how my mum made me afraid of spiders by making a massive deal out of them, I'm finally getting over it but I can't have one on my skin still even though I know its stupid to be scared of it and most of them are quite cute really:

Cqjbc.gif

TheDreadBaron

Gold Member
I'll tell him now, he'll probably love that.

Edit: He played it already...hilarious, of course he did.

lol that's a real "we already have snake pass at home" moment.

In other news my wife randomly got into snakes and now we have like 30. Ball pythons are the basic starter snake and they can be had for not much money. They're not very active and just like to hide mostly. If you leave the cage open they will escape however, and you have to feed them frozen thawed rats (or live ones you bonk on the head so they twitch helplessly :(). I like the snake games strategy, much less fuss and mess.

TheDreadBaron

Gold Member
That looks great, I should really buy Dreams to play some of these games with my niece I think, the drop in drop out nature suits her attention span.

Oooo, free trial as well!

Yeah! If you get bored just go to the next thing, there's a "surfing" option that allows you to switch to the next dream like you would channels instead of having to search for something each time. Here's my main contribution to the dreamiverse, shameless plug :)

Bryank75

Banned
lol that's a real "we already have snake pass at home" moment.

In other news my wife randomly got into snakes and now we have like 30. Ball pythons are the basic starter snake and they can be had for not much money. They're not very active and just like to hide mostly. If you leave the cage open they will escape however, and you have to feed them frozen thawed rats (or live ones you bonk on the head so they twitch helplessly :(). I like the snake games strategy, much less fuss and mess.
30? Do you count them every day?

I'm sure I'll come home someday and he will have a snake here....somehow!

Mr Moose

Apparently the Ghost of Tsushima regular edition on PS4 has vanished as well. Now you have to pay $60 instead of $40, and get the DLC bundled in.
Thank fuck for discs, because this is some straight up bullshit (unless the price of the PS4 version was the same as the directors cut). Can someone with the PS4 digital version check their library and see if you can still download the OG version?

Kuranghi

Yeah! If you get bored just go to the next thing, there's a "surfing" option that allows you to switch to the next dream like you would channels instead of having to search for something each time. Here's my main contribution to the dreamiverse, shameless plug :)

Cheers chief, will definitely give the surfing option a go when I try it and I'll try out yours too.

Top Bottom