• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sneakers |OT| Hypebeasts We Know About Ya

soultron

Banned
Wearing the R2s today. Not sure if I'm really digging them since there's so much boost built up near the rear of the ankle. They seem to be even bulkier than the Inikis.

Good news is they seem to fit TTS.

Interesting, seems the Adidas site won't load unless you clear your cache first... Or you can go incognito in Chrome like I did.

That said, was just checking stock on the new NMD drop, but not interested in picking up right now.

Acrylic7

Got the Intergalactic Dunks.
I hope they look really good in person. Nothing worse than being fooled by professional photographers.

Got the Intergalactic Dunks.
I hope they look really good in person. Nothing worse than being fooled by professional photographers.

Kinda wanted them but saw that they were Dunk Pros and said forget it. I prefer the fat tongue over the slimmed down one on the Pros.

These are nice! Not nice enough to make me rush to get more colours but pretty good for $50. (My camera makes them look more orange then their original red). If anyone is looking at sizing - tts if you have wide feet, half size down if you have regular/narrow feet.

GsjMR8V.jpg

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
KAWS x JORDAN restock lotto happening tomorrow.

Was all happy then saw its US only.

Log on to KAWSONE.com on Friday, April 21st at 12PM EST to register your chance to buy the items.

We will let you know your results by Monday, April 24th at 12PM EST. Limited to the United States and its territories. Up to one size of each item per customer.

These are nice! Not nice enough to make me rush to get more colours but pretty good for $50. (My camera makes them look more orange then their original red). If anyone is looking at sizing - tts if you have wide feet, half size down if you have regular/narrow feet.

I have this exact pair and love them. I even occasionally wear em with shorts.

soultron

Banned
I'm in love.

I'm seriously considering these but I've never purchased such expensive sneakers. Most has been $99

How is the size? Perfect fit? They don't sell these here in PR it seems, so I may have to order them online.
Wore mine today and yeah, they're true to size.

I think the Ultraboost 3.0 is still the comfiest boost midsole shoe there is between itself, the NMD R2, and the Iniki.

I'm in love.

I'm seriously considering these but I've never purchased such expensive sneakers. Most has been $99

How is the size? Perfect fit? They don't sell these here in PR it seems, so I may have to order them online.

I have the blue/white pair and I actually sized half a size down as these are the traditional PK (primeknit), rather than the PK of the white/red or black/red pairs - those pairs have a mesh inside so they've got more structure on the inside.

soultron

Banned
I have the blue/white pair and I actually sized half a size down as these are the traditional PK (primeknit), rather than the PK of the white/red or black/red pairs - those pairs have a mesh inside so they've got more structure on the inside.
I have the white/red and they're TTS, yeah.

I have the white/red and they're TTS, yeah.

Yeah, I tried on a size 8, which I could fit into and could see that if someone was an 8.5, they could fit it no sweat. I personally felt that I could go either half down or tts.

Nearly went for the navy pair R2s today but held off until something better comes out in that PK style.

gotoadgo

Does anyone have any idea when the cream white Yeezy will be releasing in Australia? I'm hearing it wont be the same date as the US, but I'm hoping that's not the case.

And god damn it KAWS, make it for outside the US you bastard.

soultron

Banned
Guys don't hate me for saying this but I still don't get Off White. Feels like the replacement that hypebeasts latched onto once HBA caught a fade.

I'm in love.

I love the R2s so much.

They fit really well. The Primeknit fits like a sock of sorts around the ankle and heel, with some toe box wiggle room.

I order Primeknit nmds in my true to size (12.5). The mesh nmds and yeezys I go with 13s.

robox

i like the off whites. it's hilarious to me.

on the other hand, i don't get the hype around yeezy boosts. this is like taking "SPLY" and running it all the way to ridiculousness

on the other hand, i don't get the hype around yeezy boosts. this is like taking "SPLY" and running it all the way to ridiculousness
They are insanely comfortable shoes and have quite a unique look. That's my hype about them haha.

Fjordson

Almost all primeknit + boost shoes are hyped to some extent. Throw the Kanye name and somewhat low quantities on top of that and you get a lot of hype.

And they're actually really comfortable (look cool also, but that's subjective).

robox

well, yeah i understand why other people get hyped. they just don't do it for me. they still just upscale and endorsed roshes.

soultron

Banned

I'm more into the OWs by default because they're probably more obtainable than any pair of Yeezys.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeezy 350 looks nice for certain CW, but they're not worth the hassle and price to me if i can't cop retail.

Don't like any other yeezy though, the 750 looked more like he's trying to sell uggs to sneakerheads.

Today's pickup is... New running shoes! Got 30% off of these Hoka One Claytons as I need a new pair for the summer season. These are last year's model, but they're just as good as the 2017 version (the upper in the 2016 version is more structured while the 2017 version are more breathable- both have the same midsole).

IMG_1042_zpskvmvcedf.jpg

Xion385

Hey GAF,

I'm trying to score my first pair of OG NMDs. I've never bought shoes from eBay before so I'm looking for advice. There's two sellers I'm looking at. Here's the first seller and the second seller.

I'm all new to this because I just wanted to get authentic ones and want to make sure they are authentic. They're selling them for basically retail price. I heard you can copy and paste other poster's descriptions because they have identical ones. They're from different areas too. I checked their ebay history and they seem to check out alright, but the part of the description that gets me is "Can also work out a bulk deal." I just didn't want to run into buying fake ones. Can someone check these out for me and give me a thumbs up if I should buy them or not? Thanks for the advice. I messaged them before hand asking if they can take pictures of the product with their name and today's date.

DontBlink

Hey GAF,

I'm trying to score my first pair of OG NMDs. I've never bought shoes from eBay before so I'm looking for advice. There's two sellers I'm looking at. Here's the first seller and the second seller.

I'm all new to this because I just wanted to get authentic ones and want to make sure they are authentic. They're selling them for basically retail price. I heard you can copy and paste other poster's descriptions because they have identical ones. They're from different areas too. I checked their ebay history and they seem to check out alright, but the part of the description that gets me is "Can also work out a bulk deal." I just didn't want to run into buying fake ones. Can someone check these out for me and give me a thumbs up if I should buy them or not? Thanks for the advice. I messaged them before hand asking if they can take pictures of the product with their name and today's date.

I definitely wouldn't do it. There's a bunch of potential red flags, such as:
- price is too good, compared to other marketplaces like goat and stockx
- no actual photos; as a rule of thumb I never buy on eBay unless it has real photos in the listing
- as you mentioned, they are copies of the same listing, which in itself sounds fishy
- neither seller has any feedback from selling shoes, not to mention they barely have any seller feedback at all

I suggest you check out the other places I mentioned above, and if you want to go with eBay, stick with reputable sellers, who have a proven track record of selling shoes and don't hide the product behind stock photos.

Top Bottom