• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

jennetics

The button was gone and there was a yellow or green status that says cancellation requested and that they'll try best to cancel it.

I had two orders with one qty each. Both goners now.

Damn it...

I did the same thing. Haven't received the cancellations yet but now I'm fully expecting it :\

I ordered two from Wal-Mart-- one with PayPal (these funds have already been deducted from my PayPal and my bank account) and MasterCard (have pre-authorization).

I'm thinking the fact they straight took my money from my bank account already is a good sign for us.

bronk

Banned
I placed 3 orders of 1 each and 2 of them got cancelled. 1 of them still says processing. Hope it goes through.

So I ordered from Target on the 22nd. I had a pre-authorization charge and then it dropped off on the 26th I believe. So today I am at Walgreens and my card gets declined and of course I am wondering what the hell is going on. I log onto my bank account and see the pre-authorization charge again. I called Target and customer service told me they will be doing a 7-10 day cycle of pre-authorization charges until the item ships. I asked them if this cycling pre-authorization charges is normal for pre-orders because I have never experienced this in the past and they hung up on me. So I guess everyone who pre-ordered needs to have the balance due constantly in their checking account or their order will be canceled.

This shit is ridiculous and when it comes down to it, it all falls on Nintendo. If my order gets canceled I am done with Nintendo and Target for that matter.

Wut?

You think Nintendo has anything to do with that?
That is perfectly normal for preorders of anything by anyone from Target/Wal-Mart/Best Buy

Peagles

I ordered two from Wal-Mart-- one with PayPal (these funds have already been deducted from my PayPal and my bank account) and MasterCard (have pre-authorization).

I'm thinking the fact they straight took my money from my bank account already is a good sign for us.

Eh I dunno. They did that with me and then cancelled anyway claiming payment issues.

shira

I'm so annoyed right now. I don't even care about the Classic SNES itself (although my GF does) but as someone who also works at a major retail chain how the fuck does shit like this happen, and then they e-mail us saying it has to do with their "Terms of Use" instead "Hey we fucked up here's a 10% off coupon".

Honestly. Just got the e-mail myself. Luckily have 1 single order still pending, but who knows what will happen to that one.

Just a lucky guess too but maybe they wouldn't of had this problem had they not included the drop down QTY box allowing people to order UP TO TEN OF THEM. So instead single orders have to suffer as well. And I was on the shitter taking the most perfect double tapered poo of the year and they completely ruined that as well.

For Walmart it went up to 100

Had 4 orders at Walmart of one each. One is cancelled, two are requested cancellation. Looks like they're doing 1 per account. Hopefully Amazon does the same.

Spacebar

If you're gonna do one per account just program your damn site. It has to be easier than manually going thorough all orders and pegging everyone down to one. With that being said I got multiple orders with WM still standing.

So I ordered from Target on the 22nd. I had a pre-authorization charge and then it dropped off on the 26th I believe. So today I am at Walgreens and my card gets declined and of course I am wondering what the hell is going on. I log onto my bank account and see the pre-authorization charge again. I called Target and customer service told me they will be doing a 7-10 day cycle of pre-authorization charges until the item ships. I asked them if this cycling pre-authorization charges is normal for pre-orders because I have never experienced this in the past and they hung up on me. So I guess everyone who pre-ordered needs to have the balance due constantly in their checking account or their order will be canceled.

This shit is ridiculous and when it comes down to it, it all falls on Nintendo. If my order gets canceled I am done with Nintendo and Target for that matter.
Wait a minute... I don't mean to sound uppity here, but you mean to say... there are people who are ordering Classic SNES consoles who have less than $100 in their checking at a particular given time?

I get it that the issue is that the funds are being tied up for 30 days, but I mean, come on, it's ~$85. If you don't have a buffer of at least several hundred in checking at any given moment you're probably asking for problems anyway. Using a credit card at just about any gas station lands you a $95 pre-auth for instance until the actual balance clears...

I have three orders of 1x console each at Walmart still showing "Preparing Order".

Nonetheless expecting at least 2 to get cancelled....

JDdelphin

Yeah they deducted my money as well...
Ordered on the 25th, payment went through on the 28th....

rTvRYvh

Walmart taking money out of your account or PayPal means nothing - I cannot reiterate this strongly enough. It happened during the last "mistake" preorder and didn't amount to a hill of beans - everyone still got their SNES cancelled.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
This thread makes me legitimately sad, I have no particular memories of the SNES but if I am in this boat next year with the N64 mini, I will go nuclear.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The more I think about a N64 Mini, the more I realize either "well, there exists a better version or port of a decent amount of games" or "eeehhhh, it's gonna leave out stuff because of licensing or 3rd party or controller pak emulation issues", not to mention it'd probably only have maybe 10, 15 games at most, & let's face it, most if not all would probably already be on the Virtual Console.

- Super Mario 64
- Star Fox 64
- Ocarina of Time
- Majora's Mask
- Yoshi's Story
- Mario Kart 64
- Paper Mario
- Super Smash Bros.
- Kirby 64
- Mario Party 2
- F-Zero X
- Mario Tennis &/or Golf
- ....Wave Race 64?
- ....1080* Snowboarding??
- ....Pokemon Stadium???? But you wouldn't have the GB adapter....

If anything, I'm hoping for a GB/C Mini, or gimme a GBA Mini (insert GBA Micro joke here). I can see why people would want a N64 mini, but I fear people are going to be disappointed then they realize Nintendo isn't going to be able to get stuff like the Rare catalog (no Diddy Kong Racing, no Banjo Kazooie, etc.), Goldeneye, etc. Not to mention how would you handle the extra controllers? Bundle 2 in, then have people buy the other two? Bundle them all together? Not to mention, how much would it go for? $100??

DaBuddaDa

Just to share my experience with Target: I pre-ordered 2 units the second they went live on the 22nd and was lucky to get the order through. I am in the US, the order is still active, and I still have a pending authorization charge on my credit card for the full amount. That pending charge has been there since the 22nd and has not dropped off once. I agree that US orderers having issues are probably having credit card trouble. Make sure you keep the full balance of your order available until after it ships!

MRORANGE

ITT people demonstrate their entitlement and complain that life isn't fair.

Uh..... what entitlement? I already have one, I am merely lamenting the fact that multiple orders being cancelled shouldn't be surprising to some people although it looks like you've managed to snag more than a few for yourself:

Got my Think Geek confirmation email.

$140 for some fucking trash and a SNES classic. Will still beat scalper prices I'm assuming. Will hold onto for now.

Target broke my heart 4x.

I have three orders of 1x console each at Walmart still showing "Preparing Order".

Nonetheless expecting at least 2 to get cancelled....

I'm sure all those 4 orders are for yourself...

I was able to order one from Target in the afternoon after lots of refreshing. I had a pending charge on my card but it fell off. I have more than enough funds in my account for it, but from my experience that happens a fairly frequently between when I preorder something and when I actually get charged (at the shipping point) for things. The order is still showing up on my target account and everything so fingers crossed.

Uh..... what entitlement? I already have one, I am merely lamenting the fact that multiple orders being cancelled shouldn't be surprising to some people although it looks like you've managed to snag more than a few for yourself:

I'm sure all those 4 orders are for yourself...

Lol at tracking down how many orders I have. Doing the Lord's work trying to point fingers and make assumptions of people without context. But you know, totally scalping over here!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Who cares if someone buys to sell on ebay? I'm not a millionaire. If I could get $1000 by preordering and selling 4 SNES classics on ebay, I'd do it.

Of course, I'm the guy who was stuck with the fucking mega man helmet and gun for $300.

Who cares if someone buys to sell on ebay? I'm not a millionaire. If I could get $1000 by preordering and selling 4 SNES classics on ebay, I'd do it.

Of course, I'm the guy who was stuck with the fucking mega man helmet and gun for $300.

What do you mean who cares? This is a community of gamers who enjoy this as a passion and would like to relive the SNES.

"Who cares"

I know it's not going to happen, but deep down I deeply wish that Nintendo would manufacture so many of these that no one would have trouble finding one, making all the scalpers stuck with tons of goods they can't sell without taking a hit.

This thread makes me legitimately sad, I have no particular memories of the SNES but if I am in this boat next year with the N64 mini, I will go nuclear.

I ain't nostalgic for the SNES, I just want one because it seems like a neat non-emulator way to play a ton of classic games I've never played. N64 Mini could be cool.

If you sell the snes, you get the helmet and gun FOR FREE!

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
I know it's not going to happen, but deep down I deeply wish that Nintendo would manufacture so many of these that no one would have trouble finding one, making all the scalpers stuck with tons of goods they can't sell without taking a hit.

Scalping has no risk because basically all retailers will take them back. Worst case scenario they're stuck with store credit.

Basically scalping is even worse than speculating because at least speculators have risks.

Grady

Wal-Mart put the money back into my account at 12am this morning and took it back out immediately. I've been processing since Friday due to Wal-Mart putting the money back into my account just to take it back out again everyday.

Uh oh, looks like cancellations are going out. I had 2 preordered, one each on each order, they cancelled one. Looks like it's 1 per person

Walmart.

For a friend, of course.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Uh oh, looks like cancellations are going out. I had 2 preordered, one each on each order, they cancelled one. Looks like it's 1 per person

Walmart.

For a friend, of course.

I have the same (2 orders of 1 each) and I won't be bummed if one gets canceled. The only reason I have two in the first place is because Walmart's account/order page wasn't immediately updating and I didn't think the first one went through.

If both get canceled I will be rather put out.

LosDaddie

Banned
Round 2 Morning #6 Check In:

My Walmart preorder is still alive. Here's to hope! 🤞🏽

Also, since the first wave of cancellations started yesterday, you have to expect Walmart will continue going through their system to cancel more preorders.

Carlisle

I have the same (2 orders of 1 each) and I won't be bummed if one gets canceled. The only reason I have two in the first place is because Walmart's account/order page wasn't immediately updating and I didn't think the first one went through.

If both get canceled I will be rather put out.

I also have 2 orders of 1 each. Partially as a backup in case one didn't go through, but mostly to gift one to my bro for Christmas. They both still say Preparing Order, but the initial charge on my CC is gone. I assumed it was a temporary hold and they'd go through with the real charge once it shipped, but now this thread's got me preeeeetty nervous.

Gartooth

The more I think about a N64 Mini, the more I realize either "well, there exists a better version or port of a decent amount of games" or "eeehhhh, it's gonna leave out stuff because of licensing or 3rd party or controller pak emulation issues", not to mention it'd probably only have maybe 10, 15 games at most, & let's face it, most if not all would probably already be on the Virtual Console.

- Super Mario 64
- Star Fox 64
- Ocarina of Time
- Majora's Mask
- Yoshi's Story
- Mario Kart 64
- Paper Mario
- Super Smash Bros.
- Kirby 64
- Mario Party 2
- F-Zero X
- Mario Tennis &/or Golf
- ....Wave Race 64?
- ....1080* Snowboarding??
- ....Pokemon Stadium???? But you wouldn't have the GB adapter....

If anything, I'm hoping for a GB/C Mini, or gimme a GBA Mini (insert GBA Micro joke here). I can see why people would want a N64 mini, but I fear people are going to be disappointed then they realize Nintendo isn't going to be able to get stuff like the Rare catalog (no Diddy Kong Racing, no Banjo Kazooie, etc.), Goldeneye, etc. Not to mention how would you handle the extra controllers? Bundle 2 in, then have people buy the other two? Bundle them all together? Not to mention, how much would it go for? $100??

Aside from DK64 and maaaybe Pokemon Snap, that's exactly the list of games I would expect to see out of an N64 Classic. So 10 to 15 games, a much higher price, and the issue of how to do four controllers. I would be completely down since N64 was the system that got me into gaming, but it would not be as special when Rare's games are gone and Zelda + Star Fox got superior 3DS remakes.

Top Bottom