• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*hears that Gamestop's site has SNES Minis in stock*

*gets item in cart*

*clicks Checkout, but gets error & item has been removed from cart*

well of course it did.

Amazon preorder status update:

HTTP3d3dy52bWR1ZGUuZnIvd3AtY29udGVudC91cGxvYWRzLzIwMTYvMDIvaG9tZXItdGhpbmtpbmcuZ2lm.gif

Dimentios

Game UK sent my snes mini without tracking (to germany).
I know they do this for all international orders. But this is worth 80 £.
And I have no idea where it is right now. It's been a week.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Can't even add it to the card now despite saying it's available.

Tried about 10 times to check out, but every time, I'd add it to the cart, click checkout, & then get an error to then see it's been removed from my cart.

Damn it, Amazon, give us SOME kind of update.

Peagles

Game UK sent my snes mini without tracking (to germany).
I know they do this for all international orders. But this is worth 80 £.
And I have no idea where it is right now. It's been a week.

They once sent me a £180 3DSXL with no tracking, and got super snippy when I asked why on earth they would do that, lol.

It took forever to turn up but it did turn up. Best of luck to you!

Wow, I thought this thread was locked.

I received mine from Game UK in 3 business days (I'm in the US) but reading all the pain from folks dealing with Amazon US is just cementing my resolve to never even consider them for hot gaming products anymore. I'm already pissed at Prime delivery quality decay for regular orders, don't need another source of aggravation.

It was, but Amazon and wal mart fuckery forced this one back open

Dysun

My 8/22 order has been 'preparing' for weeks. Initially I had an issue with the payment method, but miraculously it started working at some point and I was able to change the payment. Looks like I'm in the same boat with the rest

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Man, they really fucked this up from the jump.

I'd just like to point out that Best Buy, Amazon and Wal Mart have all been selling TVs, blenders and batteries with zero issues, clear communication and great customer service. The one thing this all has in common is Nintendo. Does anyone have any insider info on what the deal is with their tense retail relationships?

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Same happened to me.

DHL says it was returned at sellers request. Amazon says shipper returned it.

The same think happens to me...lol, now im back to zero....

Who did amazon use a shipper?
FUCKING DHL/AMAZON!!!

They've delivered to that address previously.

Amazon's customer help did not help at all. I asked if once it was returned I could change the address and they said no.

😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

hayejin

FUCKING DHL/AMAZON!!!

They've delivered to that address previously.

Amazon's customer help did not help at all. I asked if once it was returned I could change the address and they said no.

����������������

Yeah they delivered to my address multiple times before too but now it's undeliverable.

Per DHL
A Shipment is considered as undeliverable if (i) the Recipient's address is incomplete, illegible, incorrect or cannot be located, (ii) the Shipment is unable to clear Customs, (iii) the Shipment has not been released by customs due to non-payment of duty and taxes (iv) the Shipment contains prohibited items (v) shipment is refused by the consignee before opening the package.

Since it's happening to few people I wonder if it's DHL's problem or Amazon's. Most likely DHL since the shipment went to DHL hub before it got re-routed back to Amazon.

Wow, I thought this thread was locked.

I received mine from Game UK in 3 business days (I'm in the US) but reading all the pain from folks dealing with Amazon US is just cementing my resolve to never even consider them for hot gaming products anymore. I'm already pissed at Prime delivery quality decay for regular orders, don't need another source of aggravation.

It was but the modding, game, pre-order/stock discussions at once made the OT a clusterfuck

GameStop had a batch of minis and i was out. Dang, oh well. They probably don't ship abroad anyway.

You probably wouldn't have gotten one anyway - they were gone in seconds. Just like with the NES mini.

EDIT: Speaking of which, does anyone know what kind of apps, programs or tools that scalpers use to automatically buy up stock as soon as it becomes available? I'm wondering if it might be beneficial for me to use such a tool to have a chance at getting just ONE of these for me.

jtkauff

My Amazon UK order has been stuck at "Initiated customs clearance process" since Sunday :/ Don't know if normal?

My UK one was the same way - last update on the Amazon.co.uk was Oct 1 with the same customs message, but it showed up here in Ohio today.

Loaded Man

I thought I was doomed when I had my 2 target pre-orders canceled by Target after my bank decided to change my credit card number. Luckily, on launch day I was able to snag one at a Toys R US on 42nd & Broadway (NYC). They had TONS due to no preorders. I was also able to get another one for my co-worker via Amazon Treasure Truck (I previously had never heard of this service). Another co-worker of mine was able to get one at the Nintendo World Store in the evening. Apparently they had stock for most of the day, but the lines were of course really long.

I feel really bad for my fellow Gafers still waiting for their pre-orders. This seems to always happen only with Nintendo products.

Part of me hopes that they will not release anymore retro consoles because it will become a shitshow EVERY TIME.

Maxrunner

Got mine, it's great and the controllers really feel like the original ones. But one thing I find strange is how you create the save points, you have to reset the console, why? They should use the new 3ds Snes system...

shockdude

One of the best and most appropriate thread title changes I've witnessed. Perfect description for literally everything that happened since the initial Best Buy preorder. The best part is that it's technically not over; anything could happen on the day of release.
Nearly a week after release and the thread title still holds up. Incredible.

My Target and 8/25 Walmart preorders both arrived today, so my time in this thread is done. The second preorder will either be gifted or returned.
Good luck to the rest of you all.

Welp. Either fedex or usps May have fucked me out of my target order for myself and my brother.

Yesterday tracking said it was delivered today. Today it said it was delivered Tuesday and left in my parcel locker for my complex.

No key was left in my mail box to open the parcel locker...

Emailed usps to see what the fuck.

Ashhong

Contacted Walmart Customer Service about my 8/22 order. Asked them why 8/25 orders are being/already delivered and others aren't.

The rep straight up told me that wasn't true.

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

Why do you guys keep bothering CS reps? They aren’t going to know a single thing. They aren’t kept up to date with every single product issue.

LiK

Damn, thought my Amazon Japan order would be coming today from the site's delivery date but now it's been updated to next Monday. Didn't even know DHL would deliver on a national holiday. At least I'll be home for it.

muteki

Amazon Uk apparently out for delivery today. Once it actually left the warehouse it moved quickly (regular shipping speed I guess).

Still keeping my eye out for a US one as if I only had one I would rather it be that version.

cordy

Banned
Why do you guys keep bothering CS reps? They aren’t going to know a single thing. They aren’t kept up to date with every single product issue.
You can get credit to offset the shipping issues. It's the least they do which is a positive.

Jigolo

canceled my amazon pre order that hadn't shipped. i'll take my chances at the store or elsewhere. when pre-order doesn't really mean pre-order it kind of blows

hayejin

Any other ppl besides two pages back got their Amazon.co.jp order sent back to amazon due to DBL stupidity?

Both Amazon and DHL aren't being helpful at all.

LiK

WTF, DHL said no one was home so undelivered. Ugh, should've just did the sig release but that would've been risky.

Looks like I can change it to next Monday which was the original estimate delivery date. I'll def be home to sign for it. Something shady about this.

RedRumy3

My japan order came today just waiting for adapter which comes monday. DHL guy just handed me it and left and didn't ask me to sign anything.

Im gonna assume my walmart order will never get fulfilled but amazon one might eventually.

Top Bottom