• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

MisterHero

Amazon asked me to update my order, and the suggested delivery date

NOVEMBER 9

b1sim.jpg

Skeletron

I got Oct 18 on each of my 3 orders and I ordered before the Wario tweet. I only got an email about one. The other 2 updated after I went in and edited the shipping addresses (Just used the same address).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If you’re in Columbus, OH, check the Meijer in Westerville. Saw a few about 30 min ago.
Where were they located in their electronics section? I've checked there a few times over the weeks & haven't seen anything, let alone any advertisement for the item aside from the Super Power book.

....speaking of advertising, barely a few days after it was released, Walmart took down the thing that sticks out from the glass cases holding the games advertising the SNES Classic. I....guess that means they're not getting anymore at my location?

andymcc

Banned
Where were they located in their electronics section? I've checked there a few times over the weeks & haven't seen anything, let alone any advertisement for the item aside from the Super Power book.

....speaking of advertising, barely a few days after it was released, Walmart took down the thing that sticks out from the glass cases holding the games advertising the SNES Classic. I....guess that means they're not getting anymore at my location?

In the glass case with the switch/Wii u stuff. They had tons of switches too lol

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
In the glass case with the switch/Wii u stuff. They had tons of switches too lol
Cool, I figured, but just wanted to make sure. I heard mine only got about....12 of them in my town, I want to say. Nowhere near as much as what Target, Gamestop, Walmart, etc. got.

At the moment, I've been keeping an eye on the istocknow map, how accurate is that?

andymcc

Banned
Cool, I figured, but just wanted to make sure. I heard mine only got about....12 of them in my town, I want to say. Nowhere near as much as what Target, Gamestop, Walmart, etc. got.

At the moment, I've been keeping an eye on the istocknow map, how accurate is that?

No idea, I haven’t been checking, I have one already. I stopped by just out of curiosity while grabbing snacks & beer!

BigBri1

Neo Member
Got notified earlier today that my Amazon order would arrive Oct. 25th...just checked again and it now says arriving Oct. 19th

So....

I did some checking. Lined up some buyers for the stuff I didn't want/need, and I took a stab at the dell bundle on Monday. I'll recoup virtually all my money except for the $80 (plus tax) on the SNES classic.

today my package from dell came.

I then contacted walmart and told them to F* themselves, cancel my order, and I'm never using Walmart.com ever again (credible threat considering how many other online options exist these days.

Good luck to my fellow 08/22 holdouts.

Alex

Thought Nintendo said there wasn't gonna be shortage on these things...

Well, it is less of a shortage than the NES.

If they actually gave a shit though they'd have done an actual pre-order period for it in advance instead of tiny allotments.

Blizzard

Banned
It sounds like checking Target in person might be a good idea too if trucks are starting to come in again.

It's crazy how much stock Target has gotten compared to Amazon, unless they really intended to do 100% to their treasure trucks for the first 1-2 shipments.

Rehynn

Anyone looking to trade their American SNES Mini for a European one? I just got mine from Amazon, haven't even opened it yet, and would gladly trade it for the US version, as that's the one I'm nostalgic for.

I'll be on a road trip in the US in late October (NYC, Fairfield CT, Chattanooga TN, New Orleans, Gainesville FL,Jacksonville FL, Myrtle Beach FL, DC, Atlantic City NJ, and NYC again).

PM me if you're interested.

All Gamestops in Savannah area got 6-10 units. Co-worker went to the mall at lunch yesterday and was able to get one for me and her. 1 unit per family but thankfully the mall has both a Gamestop and EB Games.

rezn0r

South of Boston (Braintree MA) area GS stores seem to all be getting 11 right about now. I camped outside one starting a little after 10am until the UPS truck got there & finally got one. I swung by another store down the street and that dude says the same should be showing any time now. Pretty pumped I ended up with one, and I threw in a Switch with Zelda too!

Good luck everyone.

PS late to yesterday's party but fuck ThinkGeek & their shitty website :D

South of Boston (Braintree MA) area GS stores seem to all be getting 11 right about now. I camped outside one starting a little after 10am until the UPS truck got there & finally got one. I swung by another store down the street and that dude says the same should be showing any time now. Pretty pumped I ended up with one, and I threw in a Switch with Zelda too!

Good luck everyone.

PS late to yesterday's party but fuck ThinkGeek & their shitty website :D

I considered throwing in a Switch with Zelda but think I'll hold off and be strong for now. Mario Odyssey looks damn good too.

Just left my Target and they had 10 or so. Picked one up for me and my son. Check Target today.

Plenty of Targets in NorCal locations are stocked.

Was able to pick up one at my local Gamestop. They got 12 in and it was me, my friend, and two other people waiting for the UPS guy to come and deliver it. I showed up at 10:20, at 10:57 the UPS guy showed up with a bunch of shit and included in said shit was the Snes Minis. The ups driver bought one for himself and the four of us who waited bought ours and I was out of the store at 11:20. Very happy I scored one.

v1lla21

Was able to pick up one at my local Gamestop. They got 12 in and it was me, my friend, and two other people waiting for the UPS guy to come and deliver it. I showed up at 10:20, at 10:57 the UPS guy showed up with a bunch of shit and included in said shit was the Snes Minis. The ups driver bought one for himself and the four of us who waited bought ours and I was out of the store at 11:20. Very happy I scored one.
Congrats. I’ve not been lucky enough to get one. I went to GameStop and the person there was quite rude when I asked if they had any. I don’t have much time to go in and check often so I can only go when they open.

Congrats. I’ve not been lucky enough to get one. I went to GameStop and the person there was quite rude when I asked if they had any. I don’t have much time to go in and check often so I can only go when they open.
Still need one? I went to my Gamestop and picked up my 3rd one total now. I keep trying to snatch them up to sell at cost to GAF members to help out from scalpers. Cost me $86.19, then throw in shipping and it is all yours, capn. (You can check feedback list for BST also if you're curious. I should be gold.)

HeeHo

Still need one? I went to my Gamestop and picked up my 3rd one total now. I keep trying to snatch them up to sell at cost to GAF members to help out from scalpers. Cost me $86.19, then throw in shipping and it is all yours, capn. (You can check feedback list for BST also if you're curious. I should be gold.)

Doing a good deed here. I'd like to get one if you ever get anymore. The district manager at Gamestop said he'd contact me to see if he could get me one, but I haven't heard a word from him.

With how rare these feel and seem, it must be a rush to get one even if you already have one.

edit: nvmd, i got one

Top Bottom