• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Just got one of my Walmart orders canceled.

Here's hoping the other one survives

Because people are misdirecting their anger at the wrong people. It's ridiculous people feel the need to clarify why they bought numerous ones and why anyone is upset at them for it. Be mad at nintendo. It's entirely their fault for putting people in this situation. Being angry at others for taking advantage of it is fucking stupid. That's not how the free market works.

Demand driving prices higher due to a lack of supply is exactly how the free market works.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Oof 1 of my Walmart orders got cancelled. Looks like I'm back in the game.

I'm gonna give it another day or so before I decide I'm in the clear with the 1 order that's still open. But I imagine both would have canceled about simultaneously if that were to happen.

Crash331

Seems to me that if Walmart wanted us to only order 1, they wouldn't have had a quantity dropdown on the order page. It went all the way to 9.

I placed an order for 1 and then another order for 2. The order for 2 got cancelled.

I wonder if people that ordered 2 on a single order got both cancelled.

Yukinari

The photo of the SNES classic for my Walmart order is gone but it isnt cancelled yet.

a68.png

Because people are misdirecting their anger at the wrong people. It's ridiculous people feel the need to clarify why they bought numerous ones and why anyone is upset at them for it. Be mad at nintendo. It's entirely their fault for putting people in this situation. Being angry at others for taking advantage of it is fucking stupid. That's not how the free market works.

Effectively, that's where I was going with my comment but you know the defense for this will be that Nintendo cannot be held accountable for how people react to their intentional or incidental supply mishandling. And really no, they can't...... they simply create the environment and people will be people( often for the worse when given an inch). It's just sad that ( I would imagine) the innocents who are genuinely buying multiples to spread around have to go to such lengths to separate themselves from the opportunists.

Anoregon

It still says preparing but if they do cancel it i have a ThinkGeek order to rely on.

The picture has been gone for everyone since I think yesterday? That alone isn't anything to worry about.

Cc23830

In the uk. Ordered off Amazon uk and all confirmed. Now have to press the cancel button due to a sudden rush of bad luck. Already had to sell my ps4 Pro. Have fun whoever gets mine :(

lsslave

Jew Gamer
In the uk. Ordered off Amazon uk and all confirmed. Now have to press the cancel button due to a sudden rush of bad luck. Already had to sell my ps4 Pro. Have fun whoever gets mine :(

I mean... I'm not pro scalping (literally, fuck scalpers) but if it's that rough you could probably turn it for a profit and make some extra! Hell, I've got the NA one ordered, I'd buy the EU one off you for my collection

Sell it instead of can cancelling, that way you'll actually make some money which would help a little with your situation.

LosDaddie

Banned
Yep. Was born in 89 so I should be prime N64 nostalgia age but I've always felt that, with the exception of a few games, the N64 era hadn't aged well at all.

GameCube classic might be good but most of its best games are already on the Wii U in some form or another.

I started attending FSU in Fall '98. So I had a couple glorious years of Zelda OoT, Goldeneye and Mario Kart 64 with friends at college before the PS2 dropped. Fond memories with the console/games. Even then, I have no interest in an N64 Classic. Or even a GameCube Classic.

I guess I just don't have any interest in revisiting old 3D games that have been iterated/improved upon. SNES/2D games are what I want when it comes to retro gaming.

Honest question, not intending to offend, but why are people with 2 orders justifying their multiple orders as 'I bought one for my brother/cousin/friend/coworker/ misc acquaintance'? This whole process is so screwed now that people feel the need to validate that they aren't scalping an extra unit? I don't see why anyone would be raising an eyebrow at 2 units, or even 3. Hell, with how this situation appears headed it's pretty smart to buy an extra as a backup, whether you keep it or give to someone else. Someone going out and buying 10/20/30 units.....well yeah. I think the intent is fairly obvious there.

Personally, I don't give a shit what anyone on GAF thinks of me. I'm just commenting on my situation regarding my SNES preorder. I did preorder 2 units, 1 for me and 1 for my bro. I don't care if someone thinks my second unit is for scalping, ya know?

People need to blame Nintendo for supply constraints. Blame Walmart for not limiting preorders to 1 per account. .....But mostly blame Nintendo.

no cancellation email here yet

if it gets cancelled, or if it shows up at my door at this point-don't really care anymore

how this was handled by nintendo and retailers was a big clusterfuck

Personally, I don't give a shit what anyone on GAF thinks of me. I'm just commenting on my situation regarding my SNES preorder. I did preorder 2 units, 1 for me and 1 for my bro. I don't care if someone thinks my second unit is for scalping, ya know?

People need to blame Nintendo for supply constraints. Blame Walmart for not limiting preorders to 1 per account. .....But mostly blame Nintendo.

I'm not suggesting anyone in particular gives a shit or doesn't. I just note a trend of posts to the effect of 'I ordered 2 units...........and one of them is for my brothers xmas gift!' From your standpoint, why would you feel the need to offer the information that one is for your brother? You don't care what anyone here thinks, and nobody asked you who the other unit is for.

jonjonaug

One of my two Walmart orders (put in a second one to correct shipping/billing address, first one had my old address) was cancelled, luckily it was the one I wanted to cancel anyway if it looked like both were going through. Hopefully the other one stays uncanceled.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Just had my Walmart order cancelled.

Considering the speed at which I had placed that order (before Wario even posted it!), I very much doubt there were many folks ahead of me. Maybe the cancellations are random? Oh well. That's why I kept my Mega man helmet order. Might be the best I can do.

mdsfx

My QTY 2 order from Walmart appears to have been changed to 1. Order hasn't yet updated (edit: updated to qty 1 now), but this was the email:

Thanks for your recent order. We're really sorry, but the quantity you ordered of the item shown below exceeds our limit and we've had to cancel them in accordance with our terms of use.

Canceled items

Item Super NES Classic Edition (Universal) - [Preorder item] Qty 1

Anoregon

Just had my Walmart order cancelled.

Considering the speed at which I had placed that order (before Wario even posted it!), I very much doubt there were many folks ahead of me. Maybe the cancellations are random? Oh well. That's why I kept my Mega man helmet order. Might be the best I can do.

You only had 1 ordered and they canceled it?

wonderpug

Neo Member
Exactly, so why are we mad at people for taking advantage of it when the producers aren't? It's hilarious.

Totally! And the hurricane is causing a fuel shortage right now, so why would anyone have an issue with people hoarding beforehand and selling for $100/gallon during the shortage. Free market man, ethics never come into play.

TheFuzz

So is there a single case of someone ordering only 1 from Wal-Mart on the second wave and having it cancelled? I only see the issues with people who ordered more than 1.

I've only got one, so I assume it's safe.

Weevilone

I noticed that one of my GameStop orders went to "completed" on Paypal. Three more are still pending.

Just got the 1 confirmation e-mail, so I'm sure I just have 1 order.. but getting that one involved repeated attempts to check out, thus the three phantoms.

Not that I wouldn't be happy to get all of them, but I'm surprised that they haven't fallen off yet.

Top Bottom