• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*checks istocknow map*

*still no stores within an hour radius that got more SNES Minis*

*Amazon still has no damn update as to when they'll ship*

Sure doesn't feel like they're supplying more than the NES Classic where I live.....

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
giphy.gif

coworker and I disappointed the same woman twice. He got the last SNES at one gamestop, then we drove to another GS and I got the last one there. both times the same lady was behind us. i like to think she was a scalper because it feels better that way.

gweemz

Have my euro snes mini listed locally for the price I paid for it ($120), trying to sell it to someone who will actually use it and not put it up for sale for $200.

Have gotten so many responses from people who have no idea what this thing is and are just trying to make a quick buck.

istock says there is supposed to be some at a target about 25 minutes away from me.
Called them and the guy without hesitation said they had none and he's been there since morning and hasn't sold any all day.

He said no so quickly, almost felt like he was lying.

istock says there is supposed to be some at a target about 25 minutes away from me.
Called them and the guy without hesitation said they had none and he's been there since morning and hasn't sold any all day.

He said no so quickly, almost felt like he was lying.

They probably haven't put them out yet, if he isn't lying. I would just go.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
giphy.gif

coworker and I disappointed the same woman twice. He got the last SNES at one gamestop, then we drove to another GS and I got the last one there. both times the same lady was behind us. i like to think she was a scalper because it feels better that way.

I bet she has a sick kid and you destroyed his dreams. Did you guys at least just get one for each of you?

shandy706

Played some Mario Kart, Yoshi's Island, and Super Mario World last night.

My 9 year old played some Mario Kart and Street Fighter II. Then my 5 year old played some Kirby's Dream Course.

I enjoy watching them play the games I grew up with.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Many Targets in SoCal have them now. iStockNow notified me of availability as soon as they hit shelves, I went over as they were taking them out and bought myself one. Looking forward to playing tonight.

Checked two Targets. No luck. Called GameStop. They got some yesterday and expect to get some next Wednesday most likely which I'll miss again because of work. This is so fun...

steve9842016

Neo Member
Called about 10 gamestops and 5 targets in the bay area today (south bay), and all were sold out yesterday and today.

Dammit.

No best buys in the area either with anything. I have so much credit built up from those Gamestop trade-in deals that I'd really like to buy one there, but doesn't seem like it'll be available for quite some time.

One gamestop guy was pretty rude, said if I wasn't in line by 5am don't even bother calling any gamestop asking if they have stock.

I had my order cancelled by Amazon because I live in Hawaii. Just got a call from Amazon. Guy on the phone told me that my order was indeed not supposed to be cancelled. They still can't do anything about my old order, but they did set me up with a new order on their next shipment, I guess. It's a placeholder item with zero indication that it would be a SNES Classic. Dude added it to my cart and then had me confirm the order. I asked if he knew when it would ship and he said he had no idea.

So there's that. This basically confirms that it wasn't an issue of the item being "dangerous goods" and that they probably oversold.

Just got an email from Amazon. Looks like I'm finally getting my SNES Classic. (I know it says delayed but this is the first time since than phone call that I've had any inkling that I'd get my unit this year.
hn0Qa7Z.png

Damn I missed the NorCal targets restock, I just called one and they just sold out lol.

He said the sac/Roseville are gonna restock on the 20th or 21st for sure. Dude was real cool, said he hopes I get one.

v1lla21

Called about 10 gamestops and 5 targets in the bay area today (south bay), and all were sold out yesterday and today.

Dammit.

No best buys in the area either with anything. I have so much credit built up from those Gamestop trade-in deals that I'd really like to buy one there, but doesn't seem like it'll be available for quite some time.

One gamestop guy was pretty rude, said if I wasn't in line by 5am don't even bother calling any gamestop asking if they have stock.
San Jose? Target in the plant on curtner seemed to have it when I checked istocknow. Don’t know how up to date it is though.

Westonian

Walmart 8/22 update:

Called and spoke to customer service. Still no ETA. Still denying 8/25 orders got shipped first (Lies!). Finally offered 10% off of the order that may never ship. So 10% off of nothing? I guess that's a nice gesture assuming Walmart ever actually fulfills these orders (which is looking less likely by the day.)

Walmart sucks.

Checked two Targets. No luck. Called GameStop. They got some yesterday and expect to get some next Wednesday most likely which I'll miss again because of work. This is so fun...

Getting a SNES mini edition requires dedication and focus - you can't allow "work" to get in the way of the fever.
Speaking of fever, I foresee you coming down with a bad cold next Wednesday which will unfortunately make you too sick to report into work - I'm sure they'll understand. If they ask, just say you have a real bad case of snesmonia. It's highly contagious and only affects someone until they have procured a SNES classic and played on it for a little while.

JayBabay

Amazon shipped my back up order. My cousin was over yesterday and had no idea I got one for him, he was so excited to play my SNES and started talking about how we wished he got one. Little did he know I had one ordered for him! Thankfully it’s coming sooner rather than later so he doesn’t go and try to get one himself.

Alex

Damn I missed the NorCal targets restock, I just called one and they just sold out lol.

He said the sac/Roseville are gonna restock on the 20th or 21st for sure. Dude was real cool, said he hopes I get one.

Yeah, I was considering checking Roseville earlier but decided against it. I apparently missed the last one in Folsom by a minute.

Managed to get one at an out of the way Target, which had 4 left. Beat Star Fox, started Earthbound. Will, Bulby, Shiro, and Tench are all named after myself and friends from an old message board I used to go to back in 2003 when I first discovered this game.

Love seeing peeps local :)

I love in Roseville, work in Folsom - finding these rarer things are always a nightmare here - wouldnt think they would be, but there must be many more gamers here, than I thought.

Erevador

My Amazon pre-order changed from next Wednesday to Tuesday, nice!
Mine had said it would arrive today... which it did not... got the email asking me to accept a new date.

Supposedly it should arrive on Tuesday for me as well.

Here's hoping it all works out, fellas.

Top Bottom