• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Solobbos

Got mine yesterday from Amazon UK to Finland, only cost 81 euros with postage. Now I see local stores selling 'em for 149 Android even 179 euros. Total madness.

Mael

Just walked into a Gamestop and they had 3 of them.
I picked one.
It's not NES mini level availability, that's for sure.

My wife snagged the last SNES mini for me at Target today after a friend of hers posted on Facebook about it. So pumped! I was losing hope as I have an 8/22 Walmart preorder that is in limbo.

Tabasco

Called the Target nearest me around 5:30 PM and the guy told me they sold out an hour before I called and had a shipment of 12.

I call the next one around 5:38 PM and this guy tells me they have 4 left, first come first serve.

I leave my office about 10 minutes later, get there sometime before 6 PM and as I run up to the electronics counter, I see one being sold to someone with his SNES classic already bagged up, completing his purchase. After I asked the employee if they had any more, he says that was the last one and they may be getting another shipment tomorrow.

Very unfortunate to leave without one since I was super desperate to play this thing over the weekend. Oh well, just gonna stick with my Amazon pre-order.

NeOak

Got to Target, was told they sold the 14 units they received in like two hours.

They are getting more on the 20th, so gonna try again

My Gamestop order just came in

DMDoanpU8AEJci8.jpg:large

Free 2 day shipping despite the state I'm in

Anybody get their amazon.fr Snes delivered? Mine was supposed to arrive today, but now it just says In Transit.

Mine came two days ago. All the shipping emails were in French, so I just held my breath because I didn’t know what the hell was going to happen. It looks WAY better than the US version. (No shit.)

Good luck!

cordy

Banned
My order was expected to come in Monday but what do you know, came in today!!

Hoping everyone gets theirs in soon. We all need to enjoy this together.

jvm

Gamasutra.
My wife had suggested we get one for the kids, and I've been looking every now and then. On a lark, checked iStockNow and a nearby Target had stock listed. So I rang them up, and they had six or seven according to the clerk.

I drove over and realized I left my wallet at home. Oops.

You can't order online and pick up in store. You can't give them your card number if you happen to have it memorized. Dang.

Called my wife and it turns out she'd meant to go to Target to buy something for one of our nieces who is visiting today. So she drove over, brought me my wallet, and I snagged one. We are squirreling it away and the kids'll get it for Xmas.

I did try to get one for my friend at work. I called him up while I was waiting for my wife to show up, and he said go ahead and grab one. But because my wife and I are both from the same household -- and the rule is one per household -- the clerk wouldn't let us do it. Ah well -- friend said he was happy to try again another time.

While I was in the store (about an hour) they went from seven down to three. Given the earlier demand online, it felt very slack by comparison. Sure hope everyone who wants one will get one!

Target that had them: https://goo.gl/maps/rFuNPcg97JE2

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
guyz, i think amazon sent me a boot leg, this looks NOTHIN' liek my supah nintendo. A SNES is suppose to look like THIS:

wut da hell is this "eject" thing, clearly fake, sending a complaint to amazon

So glad it's here, can't wait to add games to it

guyz, i think amazon sent me a boot leg, this looks NOTHIN' liek my supah nintendo. A SNES is suppose to look like THIS:

wut da hell is this "eject" thing, clearly fake, sending a complaint to amazon

So glad it's here, can't wait to add games to it
At least it wasn't a "US SNES is inferior" joke.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
For a while, I thought the above was the "default" because that's what I got & didn't know anyone else who had a SNES since I think at the time, N64 had just been released or was just about to.

Hope everyone else gets theirs from Amazon in due time without any more issues. Just hope the NES Classic restock won't result in something like this happening again.

I have one from Amazon.com that I'll give away to someone here at cost. I'll change the address to yours and you send me gift card code for the amount and I'll use it to pay for the order.

PM me if you want it. Might take me a while to reply and arrange it as I'm in a different time zone. But will try to edit this post before I go to sleep if it's gone by then.

XxCGSxX

I preordered from amazon.co.uk, dispatched and expected oct. 10, no sign of it and theres no tracking #. I'm from Puerto Rico so there might be problems with packages and stuff because of the hurricane. USPS and UPS are already delivering to my neighborhood tho. Anyone in the same situation?

I preordered from amazon.co.uk, dispatched and expected oct. 10, no sign of it and theres no tracking #. I'm from Puerto Rico so there might be problems with packages and stuff because of the hurricane. USPS and UPS are already delivering to my neighborhood tho. Anyone in the same situation?
No tracking number? That's odd. You didn't pick AmazonGlobal as the shipping method?

Adama

Expect 1-3 weeks delay since its coming from the UK. I had 2 packages from Amazon US that were expected on the 5th, got them today.

atomsk

Party Pooper
I got an email from Walmart today about my Aug. 22nd order, stating that my credit card was having issues and if I don't fix it in 24 hours, it's getting canceled.

I login, check my order--I can't even change my credit card. Everything is fine. No issues whatsoever.

I think they just want to cancel and are being deceitful in the way they are going about it.

Pretty sure this is why they keep doing the double pending charge bullshit.

I'm gonna give it another week, I need to make sure I've got the space for the Xbox One X pretty soon, and I'm not about to have Walmart fuck that up.

Saganator

Today my card was hit with a 6th pending charge for my 8/22 Walmart order. I went out and bought one in store on launch, but I held on to the order so I could sell it to a buddy at cost. This has kind of fucked him over since we both assumed this order would've come by now, he hasn't been trying to get one in store.

At this point I'm just letting them fuck this up in hopes I can get a decent amount of credit out of it. All I know is I'm never ever ever going to use Walmart to pre-order anything since they don't seem to know what the point of a pre-order is.

Palom

Finally received my order from Amazon.fr. (I'm in the US.) Not only did it arrive late, but this thing is an absolute disaster. The box is destroyed, and has been soaked in water. I haven't opened it, though it's partially opened already from being destroyed in transit. I don't want to keep this, since it's most likely damaged from the water. How do I go about getting a refund from Amazon.fr if I'm in the US? Can I just shoot them an e-mail in English? I'm sure an exchange is out of the question.

I walked into a walmart yesterday morning on my way somewhere and they had about 5 of them in the glass display cabinet. The guy told me they got about 12 and that they put them out last night. So they are shipping to brick and mortar stores still, and night time seems to be a good bet for Wal-mart in this instance.

Finally received my order from Amazon.fr. (I'm in the US.) Not only did it arrive late, but this thing is an absolute disaster. The box is destroyed, and has been soaked in water. I haven't opened it, though it's partially opened already from being destroyed in transit. I don't want to keep this, since it's most likely damaged from the water. How do I go about getting a refund from Amazon.fr if I'm in the US? Can I just shoot them an e-mail in English? I'm sure an exchange is out of the question.
I believe there is an option to contact them in English, I think I've done it before. When you go to the Help/Contact Us section look for the link/option to send email in English. If it's not there then you can always use Google translate I guess.

dgco86

Amazon US preorders: I just saw some people on reddit post the following messages.

I got one from Best Buy on launch day, and it has the AC adapter. My Amazon preorder came yesterday and it doesn't have one, only a usb cable. It also has a different sticker on the bottom that says "Distributor: Active Boeki K.K."

They are the ones without an AC adapter so that kinda stinks.

Did anyone else get this? I seriously hope that this is a fluke, since the Active Boeki version (which is what is sold here in Singapore) does not have the ac adaptor or poster.

PSFan

anyone have any issues with the hack? considering doing it. are you able to roll back or is it forever?

Nope. It was very easy to do. And it backs up the original kernel so you can roll back anytime. I've already added a ton of games to mine and am currently playing FFII(IV) on it.

Top Bottom