• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Thread - US and UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, good idea for a thread but very limited. Lacking Australia, Germany, and more.

This will still get less attraction per hour compared to the reveal thread.

Edit: You added Canada. Yay! Now add Germany and Australia. :)

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
CANADA - Nothing yet

giphy.gif

Ouroboros

Told myself I wasn't going to try to snag a preorder...but here I am, refreshing amazon.com

Nintendo has me in their grips for life.

Dartastic

snagged three from the UK so far. Waiting on US version to come available as well. Any extras will be sold to gaf members at cost.
Sweet. Do you live in Portland, OR? I kinda have a vague memory that you may? If I'm unable to get one, I'd really appreciate you selling me one at cost. I live in PDX, so I could just give you cash IRL.

Mr. Hyde

I wasn't much interested in the nes mini but this is my childhood. I wish it had Chrono Trigger but it has earthbound which was my favorite game when I was a kid. My parents bought me it for having honor roll. I miss those days.

halfbeast

Banned
pre-ordered mine at my local shop. they're rather small, I hope they get more than 2 units.

also, to clarify, the EU version won't come with shitty PAL ports, right?

In the UK, if you haven't then I would strongly recommend signing up to Nintendo's e-mail alerts for this. That's how I spotted the pre-order going up earlier on the UK store and managed to get one.

If you are desperate I am hearing GAME are taking in-store pre-orders with a £50 deposit.

Phatcorns

Thanks for making this thread. Perhaps we can get the links updated with which ones have not gone up yet, which ones are sold out already, etc.

Mcdohl

Lol @Amazon Q&A section:

Question: Is Nintendo gonna make more than 10 of these? Secondly, is Amazon gonna put up the preorder at 4am on a Sunday night so that i wake up too late?

Answer: They are only making one and all that are interested will have to participate in a death match to win it. This death match will be held at 4:00 a.m. PST and the only weapon allowed is a controller with an irritatingly short cord.

Orbis

In the UK, if you haven't then I would strongly recommend signing up to Nintendo's e-mail alerts for this. That's how I spotted the pre-order going up earlier on the UK store and managed to get one.

If you are desperate I am hearing GAME are taking in-store pre-orders with a £50 deposit.
A mate at work kindly let me know he'd received a stock alert from Nintendo UK, so I managed to grab one shortly before the site showed out of stock again. So yeah definitely sign up for those alerts.

Indelible

I got a pre-order in at Amazon UK but I will cancel once I can pre-order on Amazon.com or .ca, I have nostalgia for the North American SNES.

Sweet. Do you live in Portland, OR? I kinda have a vague memory that you may? If I'm unable to get one, I'd really appreciate you selling me one at cost. I live in PDX, so I could just give you cash IRL.

I don't but I am a huge Timbers fan. PM me and one is yours (provided they dont get canceled) :D

Soodanim

I went to my local Game to ask and they had 17 alocoated to their branch. Paid my £50 deposit and now I'm #13.

I really hope that the ports are full speed and resolution. That's all I want, and I'll be happy.

Kadin

Hopefully, everyone will spill in here when the other one caps out in ten minutes. God help us if somebody makes a continuation of that thread.
There's nothing wrong with that thread. You think if everyone spills into this one, it won't continue in that fashion? Of course it will and everyone is having a good time there. All this does is make people have to now follow two threads.

There's nothing wrong with that thread. You think if everyone spills into this one, it won't continue in that fashion? Of course it will and everyone is having a good time there. All this does is make people have to now follow two threads.
That's exactly what I mean. I hope when that thread fills up, nobody else makes a new one and everyone just consolidates here. I'd rather follow one thread than two.

zbarron

I pre-ordered one on Amazon.co.uk to my US address. I couldn't follow the mega thread. Any idea if it'll actually go through when September comes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom