• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Mini Classic Hacking | More games, more borders, more gooder.

Maxrunner

The main reason to have it is in case something messes up during the process. For most problems, I’d tou end up somehow bricking the system this initial backup can be re flashed and bring it back to life.

Where does the factory kernel goes to?

Surprised (and disappointed) Phantasia doesn't work. It doesn't even use any special chips, so I thought it would have pretty much guaranteed to have worked.

But cool... I don't know if I want to do this to my Mini because I like the idea of it being hack free, but it's nice to see such a great tool for this.

Some people reported that Rock ‘N Roll Racing doesn’t display menus properly or at all, but it don’t see it in the OP. Has a fix been found?

So, I've started FFVI and have put almost 3 hours into it. If I were to edit it so I can use the FFVI boxart (if I ever add IV and V), can I keep the in-game save and/or save states?

pitt_norton

[QUOTE="D";251273465]Does this contain EVERY SNES game?[/QUOTE]

I downloaded and it really seems to cover all US/PAL games... no SFC though

Robin64

IS it possible to remove roms later if you don't like any particular one?

Yeah, just untick them in hakchi and resync.

So, I've started FFVI and have put almost 3 hours into it. If I were to edit it so I can use the FFVI boxart (if I ever add IV and V), can I keep the in-game save and/or save states?

You can, just make sure you keep the ID the same. (The CLV-P-xxxx part)

sotojuan

Some people reported that Rock ‘N Roll Racing doesn’t display menus properly or at all, but it don’t see it in the OP. Has a fix been found?

The main screen does not work but the rest of the game does. Very weird.

Goof Troop also does not boot up at all.

OmegaDL50

Robin.

If I went with 25x25 sprites, as opposed to 32x32 do you think I could go up to exactly 50 games before the thumbnail image cut off?

I want to setup my SNES for my personal top 50 SNES games.

With that said we have 1280 pixels to work with, so I figure 1280 / 50 = 25.6

So maybe 25x25 would work or do I need to go smaller like 24x24?

Not going to lie, I’m upset that I can’t play Tales of Phantasia or Terrinigma on this.

I was actually looking forward to those two.

Soon I hope.

Yeah no kidding, especially Terranigma was number 1 on my list, hope it does indeed come. I THINK it doesn't use a special chip like SF2A or Tales, but there's only the EU version so not sure if that's the thing that's giving the troubles. Ah well, whatever.

Robin64

Robin.

If I went with 25x25 sprites, as opposed to 32x32 do you think I could go up to exactly 50 games before the thumbnail image cut off?

Yeah, absolutely. You should have a tiiiny slither of space at the edge left when you go to that size. But you could also make some thinner if there was blank space, they don't have to all be equal size. I just went that way to make the cursor move the same distance each time, but it doesn't have to.

I wonder if Star Ocean would work with the No S-DD1 patch. They say not to use it with emulators, but I wonder what would happen if you do try it.

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/614/

I tried it and sadly it still doesn't work.

Dimentios

My system is still using the old folder. Hmm. :/

00dc6644ead0a10c37c946c8c26b9e7f.png
dfd27092dbf46ddddeef1b85a577d1ef.png

Are the ftp changes instant? Do I need to save anything?

Lettuce

So basically games that used those complex file compression chips are not working right now. Figures since those were extremely hard to emulate.

Not really SNES9x has been emulating them for like 15 years....but if Nintendo's not included those game on the system then i can see why they wouldn't be emulated with their emulator

Spy

So let me get this straight, I can remove preinstalled games from the SNES Mini Classic as well as get rid of those miniature box art thumbnails below each title?

ggx2ac

So is it possible that Hakchi2 can get updated to get some of those games working properly? i.e. Terranigma.

Or is it very unlikely and I'll have to use RetroArch?

Maxrunner

turned on the snes but i get the warning message when i try to dump kernel, choose the install driver and get the message "Nes mini not found sorry" in the cmd window.

sotojuan

Are the UI buttons/switches pixellated for everyone else? Looks kinda ugly, but I never go to the settings anyway.

L.O.R.D

Hi
is there a way to extend the capacity of SNES mini so i can add more games?
What is the remaining space inside the SNES mini excluding the 21 games.

keep

Trust me to get stuck at the first hurdle lol

Trying to install hakchi, my laptop is having none of it. Windows 10 asked me to download NET Framework 3.5 SP1 to install hakchi but after accepting I got the following message

"Component .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 has failed to install with the following error message:
"A failure occurred attempting to install .NET Framework 3.5 SP1."

The following components failed to install:
- .NET Framework 3.5 SP1"

Any Windows 10 connoisseurs?

Dartastic

Help please! None of the games boot. They all just kick me back to the home menu. The only games that boot are the ones installed before I bought it.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
If I have rc4 from yesterday, do I just overwrite the files with 2.20 and everything should be fine?

Jashobeam

I remember tinkering around with the nes classic and was only able to fit like 50 games, how come I can fit 180 on the SNES classic? is it due to better compression or more memory on the console itself? Also I remember that after a certain amount of games were added you could no longer see them in the menu on the NES classic, has that issue been fixed? I'm about to try it out but I'm taking my time adding cover art and game data info.

B.K.

So is it possible that Hakchi2 can get updated to get some of those games working properly? i.e. Terranigma.

I would assume that the problem is with the emulator itself and it's not something that can be fixed with Hakchi2.

Chucker

kernel_snes.img with a size of 2672kb is my DO NOT LOSE file right?

Only asking because I just went to add more games, I'm assuming that's the dump it made before flashing custom.

Maxrunner

Never mind the problem was with the cable itself. i was not using the orignal usb cable.
Now if i want to revert to factory kernel do i need to chose that option or is it uninstall?

Top Bottom