• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Mini Classic Thread | No preorder or shipping discussion here

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

lzEWX57.png

A2cdros.png

• The SNES Mini Classic is a shrunken down SNES with 21 games preloaded into the system.
  • It will be released on 29th September 2017.
  • There are 3 versions, one for Japan, Europe and US regions.
  • The device include two SNES Wii controllers.
  • Comes with a HDMI and micro usb cable.
  • All games support save states.and rewind features.
  • The console lets you play games in 4:3, scanline effects, pixel prefect and allows you to add wallpapers to games.
  • All games run at 60fps except star fox games.
  • The controller cables are much longer than the NES Classic Mini controllers.
  • The US SNES Mini Classic version is the inferior version, since it comes with an AC adapter and vintage poster. #Europe #Austerity

xBG2l2x.png

All SNES Mini Classic systems will have these games:

• Contra III: The Alien Wars
  • Donkey Kong Country
  • Final Fantasy VI
  • (Marketed as it was originally in the West as Final Fantasy III)
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby Super Star
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Mega Man X
  • Secret of Mana
  • Star Fox
  • Star Fox 2
  • Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
  • Super Mario Kart
  • Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
  • Super Metroid

Games only on western SNES Mini Classic systems:
  • EarthBound
  • Kirby's Dream Course
  • Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
  • Super Castlevania IV
  • Super Punch-Out!!

Games only on Japanese SNES Mini Classic systems:
  • Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem
  • The Legend of the Mystical Ninja
  • Panel de Pon
  • Super Soccer
  • Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers

eDOc2ls.png

Can I use a Wii Pro controller
Since it's the same hardware as the NES version, then yes it should support it.

Can you buy games for it?
There is no physical cartridge slot and it cannot support old SNES cartridges.

Can I still use it like a emulation machine like the NES Mini Classic?
All signs point to yes.

How many of units has Nintendo produced for the Christmas period?

IgwQn75.gif

sfedai0

Banned
If the order goes through, I'll have a european SNES but unable to get a US one.....and Im from the US. Not sure how I feel....

I'm definitely going to be standing in front of a Best Buy super early on Friday because I missed every opportunity to pre-order this damned thing...and then I have to try and find another one for a friend that is in the same position but has to work Friday.

Nice OT.

Planning to play through one of the games I've never beaten (likely Castlevania IV) first!

Also, US SNES Classic is the best sry

jacobeid

Banned
My JP preorder won't be here until Oct. 11 or so. I hope I can get one in store on Friday since a lot of the text-heavy games will be unplayable for me. Couldn't get a US pre-order despite my efforts.

JayBabay

The time is upon us! Excited to get my hands on this. Equally excited to see how much demand it's going to have once it's officially available at physical stores.

kyo2004

Come on Amazon US. Give us a delivery date already, 3 days remaining and 0 info on that preorder is painful... (and knowing others stores already preparing/shipping/selling add so much salt)... :(

PS: Great thread BTW MRORANGE...

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Nice OP, cannot wait for mine

First game i will play will be Super Mario World as it was the first game i had when i had the original snes.

lol the US one comes with a power adapter I believe. Not so inferior?

And a vintage poster.

But European one remains superior.

I wouldn't mind owning one of the US controllers though, they look nice, and I'd like to see what all the fuss about the concave buttons is, or if it's just a bunch of hot air as I suspect. But the design of the console itself I have been unable to swallow aesthetically.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Might want to replace the mockup US boxshot in the OP (that lists a game that's not even on the thing) with, y'know, the actual US boxshot?

SNES_Classic_box.0.jpg

edit: beaten

Sanic

There are a lot of these showing up at Targets around me. One store has 43, another has 61. Certainly much better than NES stock last year.

NeOak

The ot needs to be fixed. Yes, the American one comes with ac adapter

OP has a wrong US box. Bias against the US version for God knows why.

Yeah, US version is not gonna get correct info in the OP of this thread. Besides the posting it 3 days early when pretty much 99.9% of people can't buy it yet.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I'm going to try to get one on Friday but I have to work. I'll try on my lunch break and then again after work.

OP has a wrong US box. Bias against the US version for God knows why.

Yeah, US version is not gonna get correct info in the OP of this thread.

That sucks, there is a place for jokes but I don't think the first post of an OT is therighr place for it. People might avoid buying locally to buy overseas if they think the us version is inferior and does not come with ac adaptor. Not cool

Ps;: I have all versions preordered, so I have no bias in that regard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom