• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sniper Elite 3 |OT| "In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it.”

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Has their been any feedback from Rebellion in regards to allowing us to turn off the red sniping helper crosshair while leaving on the minimap?

I just tried playing with all UI disabled, but my main problem with that is it also removes the indicator that shows you when a sound is loud enough to mask your gun report, making sniping stealthily impossible.

So MP matchmaking patch is rolling out today on consoles.....

Has anybody got theirs yet ?

It's still nothing on my end (PS4 US digital ver.).

Also all pre-order dlc should be available to buy later today when the store updates.

micah

Hunt the Grey Wolf DLC is downloading as we speak on my PS4. Glad it didn't take them ages like the V2 DLC did.

Time to snipe some Hitler testicles!

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I like this game, but the devs paid no attention to detail when it comes to the sound.
Enemies can be talking (not yelling) to each other hundreds of yards away and it sounds like they're right next to you.
You can be crouched and creeping slowly and have your footsteps sound like you're jogging.
Gross.

Lima

I like this game, but the devs paid no attention to detail when it comes to the sound.
Enemies can be talking (not yelling) to each other hundreds of yards away and it sounds like they're right next to you.
You can be crouched and creeping slowly and have your footsteps sound like you're jogging.
Gross.

Made authentic harder as well. Since you don't have the radar you have to rely on sound a lot. Shit is fucked though.

Just picked this up on PS4, played the single player and thought it was pretty fun, but as soon as I tried multiplayer.... that's where my time is going to go! So good! I was kinda surprised by how much I enjoyed the multiplayer!

abuC

I'm trying to enjoy this game but it's really getting on my nerves, I play on authentic and I have to crouch EVERYWHERE I go or else the guards and their super hearing will go "huh" from 100m away.

SJRB

Gold Member
I'm trying to enjoy this game but it's really getting on my nerves, I play on authentic and I have to crouch EVERYWHERE I go or else the guards and their super hearing will go "huh" from 100m away.

The AI is terrible. Or not terrible, but whofully undercooked and makes many situations more difficult than they should be.

FaintDeftone

I picked the game up on PS4 a few days ago and really enjoying it. It is so satisfying to snipe people in this game. If I mess up, I don't beat myself up over it and I still have fun trying to recover. The AI is kinda funky and I have encountered some glitches that tend to get me stuck on random objects, but otherwise I'm having a blast. Good stuff.

Oh and I made this last night. Just going to leave this here...

http://youtu.be/Siq_3kCta3Q

Looks like a console patch is in testing. And it fixes my Siwa Oasis problem at long last.

UPDATE 30th July 2014

Hello everyone.

Just a quick update on where we are at with the Console updates!

They are currently all in testing and we are hoping to get them into submission within the next week.

Here is a small summary.

PS3
-Profile start screen freeze
-Missing bodies in multiplayer
-Improvements on options for assistance,
-Siwa Oasis binocular assistance in custom difficulty
-Support for upcoming DLCs (mission and weapons for multiplayer)
-Fixed crash in multiplayer and loadout screen
-Additional trophy support for DLC SaveChurchill Part 1

PS4
-Improvements on options for assistance,

-Profile start screen freeze
-Improvements on options for assistance
-Fix for DLC gun in saves/loadout
-Additional achievements support for DLC SaveChurchill Part 1

XB1
-Improvements on options for assistance

We thankyou for your patience.
(source: Official Sniper Elite 3 Forum)

Springy

The AI is terrible. Or not terrible, but whofully undercooked and makes many situations more difficult than they should be.

I just started playing this game. You're not wrong, the AI is abhorrent.

I've just given up moving bodies. What's the point? You can't move silently when carrying a corpse, which means that if you're trying to avoid alerting enemies then you're better off just leaving bodies where they drop.

Also, why does throwing rocks always distract only the nearest guard to where it lands? If there's two, three guards standing around, only one will become alert.

Other than that, I'm having a lot of fun. Last time I played this series was the original back on PC, and that must have been a decade ago.

I've just given up moving bodies. What's the point? You can't move silently when carrying a corpse, which means that if you're trying to avoid alerting enemies then you're better off just leaving bodies where they drop.
I don't have a problem with the AI, but the audio detection on moving bodies and clambering down even three foot drops is beyond insane. I just leave bodies where they are, or booby-trap them if I'm worried they'll be detected, and when making small drops I prepare myself with a tripwire or something similar in case a guard hears me and comes to check it out.

I am looking forward to plunging back into this after the patch hits though.

And, one question about the DLC mission - can you just not save at all when playing it? I gave it a shot the other day and only ever saw a grayed out "save game" option. These missions are too damn long to play without the option of saving.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
started to play this game last Weekend.
Hell of a Game!

Im absolutely loving authentic difficulty.
nothing beats doing a 100minute Mission completly stealth and then getting shot down two minutes before the Mission would end because I was not cautious enough.

Vuze

I love Sniper Elite 3 so far, much better than what I've played from 2. However it seems I'm stuck at the end of the second(?) chapter... the following:

Soldiers detected me, the final general hiding in the car is approaching. I'm located at the tower. I've sniped the general twice now but apparently I also need to escape unseen which seems impossible with the savestate I have...

This is where I respawn. Could you give me advice? I won't replay the whole chapter because of this...
ib2GEmGbKHwrl6.png

huge update today 720MB on the PS4

cant post the fixes because im not at home but it said MP fixes about the killcam making it appear that the target survived in the other consoles but the shooter's , some coop and other stuff.

will post a screenshot if nobody does when i get home

sladeums

http://forum.sniperelite3.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=26450#post26450
Console Patches are now live on Xbox ONE, Xbox 360 and PS4 in North America (We’re just waiting for word from Sony about PS4 in Europe)

If the update has not yet appeared in your dashboard the store in your region may need a few moments to refresh.

Patch Notes:

General
• Fixed a potential hang on the Sniper Elite 3 logo screen due to corrupted stats in profiles (should hopefully reload the old faulty profile so no progress is lost).(More frequen on Current Gen)
• Fixed occasional missing rifle reticules after upgrades
• Fixed potential issue with level completion (tagging of officiers) in Siwa when in custom difficulty with no binoculars tagging option.
• Bulletcam impact effects are now more reliably synchronised between host and client (so engines don't explode before bullets hit them!).
• Penetration no longer slows down the entire path of the bullet, only the bit after the initial impact!
• Rifle customisation preserved more reliably.
• Headshots to AI now slightly more reliable.
• Dead players no longer suffer from so many camera shake and rumble effects.
• Fix for a rare crash when searchlights alert other AI.
• Fix for a rare crash with halftrack and armoured car destruction.
• Added a setting for "Empty Lung Zoom" to allow toggling the additional zoom effect when entering empty lung.
• Weapons are less likely to randomly stop working (was already rare, but most prominent in multiplayer)
• Improved shooting while flinching.
• Discouraged ragdolls from breakdancing.
• Don't play killcams on ragdolls.
• AI vision slightly improved in difficulties other than Easy (so sub 30m and sprinting players should be seen more easily).
• Fix for an animation glitch when mounting a turret.
• Aim assist tutorial now hidden if aim assist is disabled.
• Multiplayer "time limit reached" and "score limit reached" notifications added at the end of the game.
• Weapons balancing : scopes for the Springfield rebalanced, as the MP44 and the MP40, Sten and Thompson ranges rebalanced, and Sten damage increased.
• Further improvements to ragdolls to reduce interpenetration with environment.
• AIs reloading don't get confused by player attempts at melee killing them (in Sniper Elite and Authentic difficulties).
• Firing from hip while moving should now orient the character before firing the weapon rather than firing immediately.
• Added the option to disable the aim assist zoom and reticle independently of difficulty setting (the multiplayer aim assist setting will override this, as will Authentic difficulty).
• Added latency indicators to the scoreboard in multiplayer.
• "Through The Looking Glass" achievement should now always trigger correctly.
• Incapacitation on uneven surfaces should be more robust.
• Driver killcams made more robust (driver no longer killed when hits are near the view-slot, and killcams are triggered more reliably when the shot does hit the view-slot).
• Tweaked dialogue audio settings to improve spatialisation.
• Airfield's rescued prisoners should no longer pose awkwardly.
• Melee kills on AI should always result in ragdolls, preventing the occasional "dead but still-standing and unsearchable" situation.
• Relax the tests for placement of trip mines on stairs.
• AI no longer propagates knowledge during a bulletcam preventing the occasional alert when you kill someone.
• The effect of bushes on the player's visibility to AI is no longer applied permanently.
• Fix the aspect ratio of the Trench Gun icon in the radial menu.
• Various localisation issues fixed.

Co-op
• Co-op: Cancelling body searches no longer slides the player on the other machine.
• Co-op: Fixed music on client machine to correctly trigger based on AI state.
• Co-op: When host changes level whilst in the briefing screen, client's collectible information updates to match.
• Co-op: Potential desync due to bulletcams (bullet cams are now sychronised where they're supposed to play for both, and we prevent weapons firing multiple times for the non-bulletcam-viewing player in non synchronised cases).
• Co-op: Fixed potential desync when getting on turrets.
• Co-op: SVT-40 should no longer cause rare desyncs.
• Co-op: Fixed clients being able to kill the host player in co-op if a killcam was triggered, causing a rare desync where the host player would only be dead on only one machine. This is now prevented.
• Co-op: Campaign co-op collectable data at end-of-mission now shows the level just finished, rather than the next level in the campaign!
• Co-op: Bleedout countdown notifications should now display correctly for both players in co-op (when difficulty setting allows).

Multiplayer
• Multiplayer: Fixed rare desync due to bulletcams in multiplayer (where the target can survive on every machine except the one of the person firing the shot).
• Multiplayer: Bulletcams are no longer prevented by nearby dead bodies.
• Multiplayer "time limit reached" and "score limit reached" notifications added at the end of the game.
• Multiplayer: Fix an instance of player invulnerability in multiplayer matches after respawning.
• Multiplayer: Join-in-progress now takes the player to the lobby to allow character and loadout selection rather than pulling them directly in to game.
• Multiplayer: Fixed missing bodies on some characters (Vahlen and German officer) in team matches.(nextgen only)

DLC
• Added achievement support for all 3 x upcoming SaveChurchill DLC missions.
• Co-operative play now available for both DLC missions ("Hunt The Grey Wolf" and "In Shadows").
• DLC character skins now always work in multiplayer, even when the host does not own any DLC.
• DLC collectibles/achievements no longer counted against campaign progress.
• Total collectable count now reflects currently installed DLC rather than ignoring DLC or counting DLC that isn't installed.
• DLC Weapons fixed so mid-level saves using a DLC weapon work nicely.
• Attempt to fix the animation issues with DLC weapons (we're continuing to look at this issue, so if you still see problems after the patch, please get in touch with our support team).

Thank you all for your patience and now that the patches are out the way we can start cracking on bringing the Save Churchill missions, FREE multiplayer maps and more to consoles...

Randam

is this game good?
I am on the 3rd mission and I dont know..

funny thing: i killed, lets say, 100 people.
90 of those were with my silenced pistol are a knife and I am still already fed up on the x ray kills.

AlexMogil

Laaaate bump but I picked this up during the ax one One sale and the game is really fun. Dumb, very dumb, but fun.

It's mega janky still. Soldiers see and shoot you through walls, noise from soldiers is not consistent - directionally and with volume based on distance. My biggest peeve is that as far as I can tell, enemies don't spawn until you wake them up by entering their area which to me is the point of a distance shooter!

As an example Sinwa Oasis has gun emplacements that fire on Allied Spitfires. The second emplacement will fire on these planes without any troops manning the guns! I can try to zoom in on the area and there isn't a soul there until I round a corner and then they magically are patrolling. Another example on the same map is a sniper on a tower. It isn't until I walk into an area that he spawns and then I can run back to the nest and scope him. I just scoped there minutes earlier and he wasn't there.

Reward us for distance exploring!

After playing Zombie ArmyTrilogy i want to try out Sniper Elite 3. If the gameplay is remotly like zombie army it will be a lot og fun for me. Seeing the Sniper Elite 3 Ultimate Edition is way too good to pass.

Sadly the game cannot be found on europe psn. Does someone know if the game releases on psn or will this be physical only in europe?

Is the framerate unlocked on PS4? Seems to have serious performance issues with V-Sync enabled.

After playing Zombie ArmyTrilogy i want to try out Sniper Elite 3. If the gameplay is remotly like zombie army it will be a lot og fun for me. Seeing the Sniper Elite 3 Ultimate Edition is way too good to pass.

Sadly the game cannot be found on europe psn. Does someone know if the game releases on psn or will this be physical only in europe?

It's to be found in store. At least in Germany

After playing Zombie ArmyTrilogy i want to try out Sniper Elite 3.
Its a very different beast. SE focuses on stealth, avoiding alarms, masking the sound of your shots in HUGE non-linear areas where the enemies shoot back, call in reinforcements and swarm you. Its the best open-ish world sniping game out there, but its a night and day difference in play experience from Zombie Army's Left 4 Dead-like safe-room to safe-room killfests.

I thought this looked kind of cool at E3 2014, but didn't play it when it came out. I did, however, download and try Sniper Elite V2, which was quite buggy and not so fun. I played the first mission or two.

The local library now has this, out of the blue, and I'm tempted to borrow it. However, I've got a huge backlog and don't want to start it, hate it and then return it unfinished.

Is it much better than V2?

Top Bottom