• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sniper: Ghost Warrior has sold over 3 million copies

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Wut.
GameStop said:
Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 takes the bulls-eye precision of its 3 million plus best-selling predecessor to new and exciting heights. It is the only multi-platform FPS modern shooter exclusively designed around the sniper experience and built using the most advanced game engine in CryENGINE3. The missions of Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 are graphically stunning and provide more diverse sniper challenges. Feel the kill as you experience unprecedented levels of realism in weapons, ballistics and environmental factors.
Source: http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/sniper-ghost-warrior-2/93069

WX3

I bought one on pc and one on 360. Overall I enjoyed it but it didn't seem to me to be an authentic experience.

DaBuddaDa

Somewhere in that genre is a really, really great game ready to be made. I don't think City Interactive is going to make it though.

I hope we get some PC CryEngine 3 eye candy for the screenshots thread with Ghost Warrior 2!

angelfly

Isn't the game available for like $1.50 now? I'm shocked it managed to break even 100k as the game was just straight broken.

Dr Dogg

Well it's been a budget title for pretty much every day bar it's first week of launch. Hell I've got 2 copies of it that I haven't even touched due to being free (GMG freebie and a crimbo present from someone who will be getting significantly worse returns now).

Dingotech

That's what happens when you practically give the game away for nothing, people will snatch up a copy regardless of if they actually intend on playing it or not.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
The game also had a 55 meta critic score.

It's amazing what people wil buy when it's 90% off.

That doesn't really mean much though in terms of quality IMO or even a persons taste. I've enjoyed many games with metacritic scores that aren't exactly high just like for example LA Noire and Resistance 2 have scores of 89 and 87 respectively and they are two of the biggest piles of gaming related shite I've ever had the misfortune to play.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
It sucked and didn't deserve this but after how they ruined the Sniper Elite series after a very promising first effort the sequel of this is the best chance we have for a decent stealth action FPS experience, especially if they make it open unlike Crysis 3...

ezekial45

Banned
Ridiculous.
KuGsj.gif

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
It sucked and didn't deserve this but after how they ruined the Sniper Elite series after a very promising first effort the sequel of this is the best chance we have for a decent stealth action FPS experience, especially if they make it open unlike Crysis 3...

Sniper Elite V2 has its problems but it's still a good game and well worth playing. Sniper Elite NZA is a very fun addon as well.

Of course I hope they learn from that and with the DLC levels being a bit more open the fans have made clear what they want from the SE games.

rdrr gnr

I'd have thought it looks too generic to appeal to casuals. No idea if the game itself is any good, but it doesn't really seem exciting from the name or box-art.
Too generic for casuals? No such thing. Do you understand how many times I've seen people pick the sniper as their first class their first time playing a new game? Too many.

antitrop

This game sold more than your favorite game.

Feel the kill.
Thank God my favorite game is one of the most commercially successful games of all time, while single-handedly bringing an entire genre to prominence in the West.

Otherwise I might actually be mildly upset.

Naked Lunch

All those sniper noobs who ruin Battlefield matches need to buy this weak shit and stay the hell off the Battlefield servers.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I disagree. That's how I'd describe the original game.

Fair enough :) I can see why fans of the first game would dislike it and believe me many fans do (and I can completely understand why), just that as an action sniper game I found it a blast to play. Multiplayer was pretty good fun as well.

Top Bottom