• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy [OT] *Ahem*, Boobs

Andyliini

FLaIrP3.png

Platform: Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4
Release date: September 7 2018 (Worldwide)
Developer: SNK
Publisher: SNK (Japan), NIS America (America & Europe)
Online play: Yes
Season pass: No

XqlZMOj.png

After the king of fighter tournament. Some of the competents mysteriously vanished. Soon, the all-female group of fighters awakened in a mysterious manor, dressed in rather embarassing clothes. In order to escape from the mansion, the girls have to fight their way out, and perhaps even meet the mastermind behind this strange phenomenon.

WNQgPHG.png

Athena Asamiya
Originally from Psycho Soldier

Kula Diamond
Originally from The King of Fighters 2000

Mai Shiranui
Originally from Fatal Fury

Leona Heidern
Originally from The King of Fighters '96

Yuri Sakazaki
Originally from Art of Fighting

Nakoruru
Originally from Samurai Showdown

Shermie
Originally from The King of Fighters '97

Sylvie Paula Paula
Originally from The King of Fighters XIV

Zarina

Love Heart
Originally from Sky Love

Mian

Luong

Mui Mui
Originally from Dragon Gal

Terry Bogard
Originally from Fatal Fury
Transformed into feminine character for the sake of this game

Thief Arthur
Originally from Thief Arthur
A guest character from Square-Enix

ljErpKd.png

SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy is a fighting game where the player uses two characters per fight. However, for every battle, the player will choose an "Attacker" that serves as the playable character as well as a "Supporter" that assist the former. In contrast to other fighting games, it is impossible to defeat the enemy with a normal move and thus, the player must use a "finishing move", the "Dream Finish". A move button will also be allowed in order to protect the character while items will be included for further gameplay features. The game will also offer a story with different dialogues occurring depending on the characters fighting. In the story mode, it will be revealed why every fighter has to wear skimpy costumes.

Cosmetic items will also be available to the players if they wish to change their characters' visual appearances. There is also an online mode alongside an Spectator Mode where players can see other people's fights. There is no crossplay between Switch and PS4.

9Paf320.png

Standard
SNK_Heroines_cover.png

Standard version is available on the PS4 in Japan only.

Diamond Dream Edition
FX6mKdJ.png

Exclusively from NISA shop.

LrvCgRE.png

Metacritic: 63 (Switch version)
Opencritic: 63

Nintendo Life: 7/10
If you’re new to fighting games - or you’re simply in the market for something that feels like a bona fide arcade fighting experience - there are few titles as easy to pick up as SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy. Its busty and over-sexualised characters might not be to everyone’s taste in 2018 - and the use of Dream Finishers definitely won’t be of appeal to purists - but look beyond the garish colours and there’s a tag-team brawler with real potential, not to mention plenty of hilarity.

We Got This Covered: 3/5
NK Heroines is an accessible fighting game that’s easy to pick up but much harder to put down. Unfortunately, the cast of characters is not very extensive, a disappointment considering the number of female fighters that missed the cut. The 3D character models don’t do the hand drawn art justice whatsoever, and the game seems confused as to whether it is providing fans ervice or not. There are worse fighters out there, but SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy isn’t something I can easily recommend to anyone but the most die-hard SNK fighting fans.

Digitally Downloaded: 4,5/5
Call it "casual" if you want, but this is the ideal fighting game for me... and who knows. It might well be the start of the new king of fanservicey fighters, what with Dead or Alive 6's stated intention to ease back on that side of things. And Athena really does look stunning in her bikini. I've been waiting many King of Fighters games for that.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Waiting for a Steam version of this. Are there many game modes or is it relying on online vs. to carry the game?

Vlaphor

Was a Steam version ever confirmed?

Nope, but it also wasn't confirmed for a half dozen other sexy Japanese games that I bought on other platforms and then came out on Steam. I waited for Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash and GalGun 2 and those both got PC ports despite them not being announced for that platform.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Very mediocre reviews. The switch version in particular apparently runs at like 30fps which is...lol

hecatomb

Banned
playmore needs to get better online servers, if they ever want to complete with capcom. Or just make capcom vs snk 3

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I was excited for this until I saw the low fighter count. I'm all for a slapsticky fighting game, but it needs to have some substance to the roster since I know the fighting system won't have it.

kunonabi

I get the feeling there are going be a bunch of dlc characters based off the character select screen.

Mode wise it's fairly standard stuff. Pretty much story, survival, training, tutorial, online and customization/gallery for unlocks.

Shermie has a IAD command throw which is bloody awesome.

Vlaphor

I am completely down for a fanservice game...even if I wasn't interested in it, I'd still buy it to show support. That being said, this does look cool, but I'm still going to wait for the theoretical Steam version, I've been burned too many times not to.

Ulysses 31

Only way for western PS4 users to play this is by buying the Diamond Dream edition from NIS America or making a JPN account? 0o

kunonabi

Maybe the psn release date is tomorrow then. I just figured it was a regular Tuesday release. Does PSN update on Fridays?

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
Turn Terry into a girl and you end up with "OKAY" scores.

EDarkness

Nice thread. Unfortunately, my NS copy has already been shipped out, so I'm stuck with it. I just wish they would have done a better job porting the game....

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
Yeah I was hella pumped for what I believed to be an edgy fighting game that does justice to the idea of heroines but I clearly forgot two essential things about women in games.

1) Developers pretending to want to make it so that they adopt a more heroic display instead of sexual candy was simply a way to market to these so-called "purists." (Is anyone else not bothered by the story, and the subsequent introduction of a "dream finish?" I'm even afraid of finding out/jogging my memory, even after watching some gameplay)

2) How many people they cater to that enjoy their share of perverted imagery/hentai/whatever. I obviously can't have a female hero without the incessant cleavage everywhere. Like how the fuck does one end up in an outfit after being KO-d...

So they sabotaged PS4 sales by making it digital only outside of a NIS store only LE, and completely fucked up the Switch version which got a proper release? Good going SNK and NIS.....

Got my PS4 DDE in the mail today, not sure when I'll get around to actually play it though.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I heard Nintendo made them do that Switch Physical only. I don't mind, sure I have a stick on the ps4 but like this game is so fucking casual, no crouching I don't think I need one. Plus people that see me play this will be disgusted at me so yay Switch!

Yup, I dodged a bullet and was able to cancel my order before it shipped out. Such a shame.....

waiting for a potential Steam release now.
docked is 60 no?

Last edited by a moderator:

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Can't wait to download this tomorrow on ps4, wanted the physical but couldn't stomach the price. After seeing the performance of the switch version at EVO, doesn't seem like it's improved.

Also, I was watching a review and someone said that items were mapped to the right stick, if that's the case then is this not compatible with fight sticks?

kunonabi

Can't wait to download this tomorrow on ps4, wanted the physical but couldn't stomach the price. After seeing the performance of the switch version at EVO, doesn't seem like it's improved.

Also, I was watching a review and someone said that items were mapped to the right stick, if that's the case then is this not compatible with fight sticks?

At the moment. There is supposed to be patch to enable fightstick controls coming. I dont really get why it's on the right stick to begin with.

Mecha Meow

I heard Nintendo made them do that Switch Physical only. I don't mind, sure I have a stick on the ps4 but like this game is so fucking casual, no crouching I don't think I need one. Plus people that see me play this will be disgusted at me so yay Switch!

docked is 60 no?

Docked is a locked 30fps with odd 40-60fps jumps when doing supers, etc. That's pretty unacceptable to me. Like I said, day 1 I'll be there if they do a Steam version.

inb4 muh embarrassment of playing this game in public, misogyny/sexism/hentai etc. I'm just upset it's not released on a physical disc without having to buy$120 deluxe edition.

docked is 60 no?
NIS and SNK made a publishing/marketing deal with Nintendo when they decided to do a Switch port as well after the game was well into development on PS4.

Ulysses 31

NIS and SNK made a publishing/marketing deal with Nintendo when they decided to do a Switch port as well after the game was well into development on PS4.
It was gonna be PS4 only at first? I always had the impression the Switch was the first version and PS4 was added later seeing how the marketing is handled.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
It's a fighting game: if you want the PS4 version just import the Japanese PS4 version. Menus will still probably be in English, even.

McCheese

Been playing this today for a few hours. It's a fun little game, but seeing all those spaces on the character select screen feels like a slap in the face considering the RRP for the game (not helped by it being only digital on Playstation). The lack of modes, characters (all but one of which are re-used KOF models) and stages makes it feel like it should have a much cheaper.

My advice is not to pay more than £24.99 for it in it's current state.

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

Been playing this today for a few hours. It's a fun little game, but seeing all those spaces on the character select screen feels like a slap in the face considering the RRP for the game (not helped by it being only digital on Playstation). The lack of modes, characters (all but one of which are re-used KOF models) and stages makes it feel like it should have a much cheaper.

But aren't they releasing a (free?) new fighter next week?

McCheese

But aren't they releasing a (free?) new fighter next week?

Nope, not even the first one is going to be free.

Thief Arthur from Kai-ri-Sei Million Arthur as a paid downloadable content character on September 13

I mean, look at this select screen. You would think it was some sort of 'Light' version of the game where you need to pay for the other characters, ala DoA / Fighting Layer EX. But nope, this is the full price game.

Last edited:
Nope, but it also wasn't confirmed for a half dozen other sexy Japanese games that I bought on other platforms and then came out on Steam. I waited for Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash and GalGun 2 and those both got PC ports despite them not being announced for that platform.
I hope it will be on PC. I really haven't bought console only games in a long time (even though I own all three).

So much for this being a "full game" at launch unlike BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle, huh SNK?
https://www.dualshockers.com/snk-he...learning-blazblue-cross-tag-battle-dlc-plans/

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Game is underwhelming
No arcade
Easy to end matches cause super = win
NO TRADITION MODE

5/10 go play Fighting Layer instead

Top Bottom