• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNK Playmore Announces the Opening of SNK Entertainment

Does the Chinese company have money or Money Money. Im tired of struggling SNK.

Just have to let them do a lot of re-releases of their old catalog on current gen/Steam, and leverage the ips and assets in more mobile games like Metal Slug did... let 'em stack money. Necessary evils.

RSLYG

White suit Geese.
He don give a fuck.
y5dj7sE.jpg

sibarraz

Banned
Didn't their Chinese buyer say they saw SNK IPs having franchise potential that could rival Marvel? It'd be hilarious if one thing led to another and we got Marvel vs SNK instead of MvC4.

I don't know if he said that it could rival marvel, bu they used the example of that company as an dormant ip the grow a lot since disney acquisition.

I don't know in the rest of the world, but in China, SNK has all the tools to be big, and winning the chinese market isn't something minor.

sibarraz

Banned
Recently they launched metal slug attack, which is an improved sequel of defense, but the game crashes way too much so I cant play it

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Why do you guys keep talking about MS8 and such. This is a company for farming out IPs for use, not for development.

Oh, and lets not forget that KoF MI actually sould quite well, also. If they release XIV with a smart first print edition (like how MI came with that Fatal Fury hat and making-of DVD), I could see it selling pretty well. (I still see people wearing that hat at basically every convention I attend or watch on stream...)

---

That well-dressed Geese looks like it's being shown for a pachislot style game or something... but it also looks like a model that could well be used in KoF XIV. That Alice design also looks like it could be character select screen art. Anyone know if that render of her is from any other previous work?

At the helm of the new subsidiary will be SNK Playmore USA CEO Koichi Toyama.
Beyond the lack of a US translation for the page yet, does this not support the idea that this arm will have better-than-usual US relations?

It also wouldn't be bad for SNKE to maybe help get some of the old SNK anime properly available on services like Crunchyroll or Netflix.

BadWolf

Well they got bought so how would we even know if they meant that now?

They had hiring ads for a new KOF since the end of 2013. That is also around when we first heard a rumor of a 50 characters roster as well actually.

The director of XIV confirmed that development of XIV started in April of 2014, well over a year prior to the acquisition.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I hope this means that they will make another Metal Slug soon because it's already been 6 years since we got Metal Slug XX over here in the US.

And no I'm not touching those mobile version or PC games because I want a new core Metal Slug game.

Loona

That well-dressed Geese looks like it's being shown for a pachislot style game or something... but it also looks like a model that could well be used in KoF XIV. That Alice design also looks like it could be character select screen art. Anyone know if that render of her is from any other previous work?

it looks like it's from this pachinko/slot game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0vXgJn8EUY

Beyond the lack of a US translation for the page yet, does this not support the idea that this arm will have better-than-usual US relations?

It also wouldn't be bad for SNKE to maybe help get some of the old SNK anime properly available on services like Crunchyroll or Netflix.

If so, I hope by then Crunchyrool does a decent job at providing its service in Europe - but hey, if SNK media reaches the US in a legitimate manner, half the battle is won.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
it looks like it's from this pachinko/slot game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0vXgJn8EUY
Ha, I just watched that trailer like a day ago too. The Geese design is probably also directly from there. The fact that Alice shirt is kind of pinched in along her body (like almost all of KoF XIV's models) looked a bit different to me, but it probably really is just from that.

If so, I hope by then Crunchyrool does a decent job at providing its service in Europe - but hey, if SNK media reaches the US in a legitimate manner, half the battle is won.

Aye, definitely. They've had some interesting classic stuff popping up over the past few months (from the Cat's Eye anime, to Samurai Pizza Cats to Fushigi Yuugi) that really hit the 90s-and-earlier era nostalgia button, so stuff like the AoF or Samurai Shodown animations would fit right in...

Galdelico

All this SNK talk got me hyped, to the point I started a silly little project, to share on my art-places online... I basically take some design ideas to be found in Street Fighter V, and try to imagine them applied to a hypothetical Garou 2.
I don't think it's thread-worthy on GAF, so I'll leave it here just for fun (please go easy on me guys :D). So far, I've done:
- Terry
- Marco
- Bonne Jenet (I should add this may be slightly NSFW)
- Rock

And this is the first batch with the character I'm working on at the moment.
I'm also writing down a bit of a back-story for each character, just to give my design choices some context. If you're interested in, I'll put them here too. :)

I wish I still had my RIP SNK 2001 shirt. I used to wear it out of sadness, but now I would love to have it for sweet irony. I want to see them rise as a phoenix. <3 U SNK.

BadWolf

All this SNK talk got me hyped, to the point I started a silly little project, to share on my art-places online... I basically take some design ideas to be found in Street Fighter V, and try to imagine them applied to a hypothetical Garou 2.
I don't think it's thread-worthy on GAF, so I'll leave it here just for fun (please go easy on me guys :D). So far, I've done:
- Terry
- Marco
- Bonne Jenet (I should add this may be slightly NSFW)
- Rock

And this is the first batch with the character I'm working on at the moment.
I'm also writing down a bit of a back-story for each character, just to give my design choices some context. If you're interested in, I'll put them here too. :)

Awesome work!

Release a KOF 14 demo before the launch to let us test the netcode, Or even make a partial purchase right now like King of Fighters XIV Prelude. I'd pay ten bucks right now to beta test it and get good. Hell it has 17 characters right now. That's 20 more than skullgirls has and still more than Street Fighter V or Guilty Gear. Damn that wait is killing me inside.

Top Bottom