• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNK Playmore Announces the Opening of SNK Entertainment

Rymuth

SNK Playmore announced today with a press release the launch of “SNK Entertainment,” a wholly owned company dedicated to achieve sustainable growth and to maximize the brand power of the SNK Group.

SNK Entertainment will work on contract development focused on video and graphics production, taking care of the licensing of the over 200 intellectual properties owned by the SNK group, including The King of Fighters and Metal Slug, and other activities related to internet and digital entertainment.

At the helm of the new subsidiary will be SNK Playmore USA CEO Koichi Toyama.

Saw this on Famitsu and looked around for a translation. Found one on a banned site.

Stain my hand with your but if old

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
SNK going in. I like the sound of this. Sounds like they're fairly serious about the future of their IPs.

LewieP

They should probably be looking into getting their back catalogue up on modern consoles. At least PS4.

I could go for Metal Slug 8, too.

SNK ready for a big come back?

Looks like it.

I'm really loving this new direction theyre taking. It really looks like they're making a bigtime return what with the doubling down on their game IPs. Plus there was a rumour of a new Samurai Shodown.

I hope KoFXIV is good and it does well for SNK, I need to have their other fighters back and Metal Slug.

Same here. I just hope they can get themselves out there again so that when you're trying to look up SNK stuff you don't get bombarded with Attack on Titan stuff.

Tizoc

Didn't their Chinese buyer say they saw SNK IPs having franchise potential that could rival Marvel? It'd be hilarious if one thing led to another and we got Marvel vs SNK instead of MvC4.
Kof is big in china and likely the rest of asia
It is also quite popular in mexico at least if not south america in general

Shenmue

Banned
SNK please also keep doing the Pachinko thing though. I'm afraid if they just go all in on gaming they are just going to end up out of business.

deleted

Opens the door to another Capcom Vs SNK and the return of some of their quality 90s stuff.

And it is time for a Windjammers HD Remake with online!

zsidane

I like this news.

It won't harm us to have some brands revived.
I also hope that making their games available in Digital Download (eShop?) is also part of the plan.

@MUWANdo

Banned
SNK please also keep doing the Pachinko thing though. I'm afraid if they just go all in on gaming they are just going to end up out of business.

Pachinko is a dying business that is only profitable for the biggest players; they're not leaving because they suddenly remembered they love games, they remembered because they can't compete and it's not worth the investment to even try.

Wcii1ri.gif

Ugh, somebody please put together the sprite of Morden fist-pumping for these occasions.

EDIT:

SXgUvIS.gif

Well, I tried. I simply cropped the sprites from a sprite sheet, hence the jitter. It's super-small because resizing it merely highlighted the flaws, and I was too lazy to add his tank. I encourage somebody with better gif-making ability to do it themselves.

Tizoc

Will we finally get a localization of Samurai Showdown RPG?
U will get ur samsho rpg remake with generic moeblob animu eyes nako and rimururu, ojou-sama laugh racist charollete and ditzy clumsy mega busty iroha and you will like it

Fandangox

Same here. I just hope they can get themselves out there again so that when you're trying to look up SNK stuff you don't get bombarded with Attack on Titan stuff.

Yeah I mentioned in a chat that "SNK" rebranded and they thought I meant attack on titan.

Anyway Marvel vs SNK when

A.E Suggs

Snk is back in the bizz! Hopefully the anime and other things work out for them. I can see a last blade anime being very good with some good budget behind it. I'm ready for the games and I'm ready for KOF14
to not sell well sadly :(

wapplew

Snk is back in the bizz! Hopefully the anime and other things work out for them. I can see a last blade anime being very good with some good budget behind it. I'm ready for the games and I'm ready for KOF14
to not sell well sadly :(

last blade anime with Sword of the Stranger quality, hnggg

A.E Suggs

last blade anime with Sword of the Stranger quality, hnggg

Fund it Playmore! I think they'll more than likely do a KOF anime first since its probably their best selling title. An anime could actually boost KOF popularity in the west if they can make a hit anime.

Tizoc

Fund it Playmore! I think they'll more than likely do a KOF anime first since its probably their best selling title. An anime could actually boost KOF popularity in the west if they can make a hit anime.
There is a kof anime in the works actually

Top Bottom