• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNK releases sprites from the long cancelled Garou: Mark of the Wolves 2

Maligna

Banned
Via Eventhubs. http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/...ealed-snk-take-look-game-never-came-fruition/ and 4gamer http://www.4gamer.net/games/317/G031749/20160613002/index_2.html

24_garou01.jpg

Man! All these newer characters rock! Especially the girl with the orange pants and the pimp looking guy. I'm so sad now.

I wish they would have took some of the teenage characters from Fatal Fury (The Jin Brothers and Xiangfei) and brought them to Garou.

tbh I'm not feeling the designs for those unsued characters. They're not as diverse looking as the original Garou cast, especially the two shmucks in the suits.

Capeiora girl looks cool, though.

Loona

I hope KoF XIV does well enough for a proper Garou sequel to actually be viable.

The black guy looks like the black guy from Buriki One

I don't think Rob Python was that tall...

I wish they would have took some of the teenage characters from Fatal Fury (The Jin Brothers and Xiangfei) and brought them to Garou.

This. In a few Real bout 2 endings Jin Chonrei is shown training under Tung and Kim, and I'd love to see the results of that training playable in a game - Garou 2 would have been perfect, even if the character concept apparently didn't make it to this particular selection.

So are the screens fake then? Or did they just leave Mr. Karate out?

4LMHkyU.png

Apparently that's a Garou stage with some layers removed, and a tengu mask from KoF99 (which appears over Takuma's sprite's face when he's called as a striker) put on dong Hwan's face, plus some blurring.

Gren

I like the girl with orange pants that I can only assume was the rumored Joe-disciple.

The tall guy with the yellow jacket reminds me of Duke from Max Impact.

EDIT: The two new guys in suits look like they were going to be Dong/Jae-types that shared some moves/animations, based solely on the fact that their feet are identical.

Mephala

Welp. Now I'm disappointed. And I bet even if KoF14 is successful it still won't help this cancelled game.

Girl with orange pants looks cool. She kind of reminds me of Rinkah from Fire Emblem Fates which I'm playing at the moment.

L Thammy

I want to play as Oliver Twist.

tbh I'm not feeling the designs for those unsued characters. They're not as diverse looking as the original Garou cast, especially the two shmucks in the suits.

Capeiora girl looks cool, though.

The two suit guys would probably be designed as counterparts to each other, like Jae Hoon and Dong Hwan. Not a unique gimmick, but there could still be something interesting that comes out of it.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
The image makes it look like they conceptualized the characters through embroidery. =p

Top Bottom