• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNKP registers new KOF Maximum Impact games

if there's one positive is the return of this man

Rock-anotherday.jpg

Where's the Maximum Impact mention? I don't see anything that says "Maximum Impact" in that tweet. Granted, the info there seems to be cut off so it could just simply be mentioned wherever the Twitter bot got the info from but I have no idea how to look for that?

Silky

Banned
Let's keep in mind that SNKP has two qualified fighting game directors. [XII's director and XIII's director.]. Maybe MI and XIV are seperate games?

Het_Nkik

I liked Maximum Impact 2 well enough.

Also, if they're keeping the MI games as a separate series, that means there's still hope the main series will continue with sprites. Right?

I'm okay with this news all around.

AAK

Oh Shit... this is awesome.

FINALLY another company that will attempt a 3D fighter with an acceptable budget. I do think it's a huge shame how only Namco, Sega AM2, and Team Ninja are the only developers in the industry that even try to make competitive 3D fighters.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
So... peeps are getting salty over a name registration? Why?

For all we know, the MI series cold be turning into a permanent expanded Dream Match series, and KoF XIV could carry on with XIIIs engine. It's not hard to be cautiously, or even fully optimistic about this.

As a person that personally wants mainline KOF to be 2D forever (even if SNKP could pull Xrd lvl 3D!), I look foward to seeing how this works out. I really enjoyed the MI games as their own beast, much like NGBC.

I didn't like the Maximum Impact games for admittedly superficial reasons: the 3D aesthetic/look of the characters never really jibes with me. Still, I bought the first one just to show SNK that support, yo. I had good enough fun with it, but not enough to make SNK think they can main this offshoot series.

I can give this new one a try if the aesthetic of the characters is improved. I'm busy enough with KoF XIII as it is...

Loona

MI2 was fanservice done right - new game or rerelease, if they handle it right I'm there, especially if they drop the focus on its originals.

They also trademarked 3 "Athena Asamiya" logos, most of which evoke the older non-Asamiya Athena more.
That sort of intrigues me...

Tizoc

MI2 was fanservice done right - new game or rerelease, if they handle it right I'm there, especially if they drop the focus on its originals.

They also trademarked 3 "Athena Asamiya" logos, most of which evoke the older non-Asamiya Athena more.
That sort of intrigues me...

You just reminded me...
MI2 had a lot of alt. outfits, and you didn't have to pay a single cent to unlock them.

Krejlooc

Banned
I wish snk would continue with the garou cast instead of the old fatal fury cast. Outside of mai and billy kane I never cared for most of them. By contrast I love every motw character. Even motw terry > old terry.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
For the love of god please bring back Vanessa and Whip, I don't even care if it's a MI game.

bonobobones

Neo Member
I'll wait to provide an opinion one way or another once more information is provided.

I know we all want KOF14(15) at this point, but SNK has other properties I would like to see games for..SAMSHO!!!

Top Bottom