• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Snoop Dogg's new Malt Liquor: Strawberry Limonade, Grape, Blueberry Pomegranate

Status
Not open for further replies.

way more

The Wall Street Journal
MK-BK639_Blast_G_20110317195422.jpg

snoopcolt45.jpg

The new owners of Colt 45, with the help of rapper Snoop Dogg, plan to unveil next month a label called Blast by Colt 45. The beverage will contain fruit flavors and 12% alcohol by volume, about twice the level of the original version of Colt 45.

The Metropoulos brothers said they signed a long-term marketing agreement with Snoop Dogg The company declined to discuss the terms of the deal with the artist but said it will spend millions of dollars on the launch of Blast, including ads in Vibe, a music magazine.

Blast—which will make its debut in stores April 5, or "4-5," for Colt 45—will be sold in six packs of seven-ounce bottles, as well as in single, 23.5-ounce cans. Flavors include strawberry lemonade and raspberry watermelon, with colors to match.

The level of alcohol in the 23.5-ounce single can of Blast is about the same as the amount in four regular 12-ounce beers.

The Metropoulos brothers said Blast isn't intended for underage drinkers and that point-of-sale marketing and other efforts will encourage drinkers to put Blast on ice and mix it with ginger ale, juices and other beverages, diluting it.

"We are going to pound home the message of drinking responsibly as a main focus," Daren Metropoulos said,

Snoop already endorses St. Ides and something called Snoop Dogg 40 Oz Malt liquor but Kool-aid flavored heavy malt liquor is something I can't get behind. Drunks need their malt liquor, lord knows I can't criticize them for liking it, but this seems like a naked plea to appeal to teenagers. Given the amount of dismay this board had for the banning of Four Loko I doubt you see it my way.

One week ago I was getting beer and I saw a case of Colt .45 with a logo that said "enter for a chance to meet Billy Dee Williams in LA!!!"

That's all.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I am so all over this. I love shitty flavored bum beer like sparks.

SUPREME1

Banned
samus i am said:
Four Loko made it cool to drink stuff like this. I will give it a try.

Drinking four lokos is cool?

The only people I see drinking that shit is people who are broke and/or don't know any better.

So yeah, it's usually young people.

*sips super high end ultra premium quadruple distilled liquid diamond infused virgin blood vodka*

Clydefrog

ImperialConquest said:
*sips super high end ultra premium quadruple distilled liquid diamond infused virgin blood vodka*

Mmmm, love that stuff. I keep mine in dead squirrels and ducks, like its meant to be.

BAIYD.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom