• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Snowpiercer TV Series - on TNT May 17th

There was an announcement thread from back in 2017, wasnt sure if I should bump or create new one

I actually just learned of this by seeing this ad on YouTube

Not sure how I feel. Love the movie, haven’t read the book. Hope they don’t fuck it up

Freeze my arm off if old (or if there was a more recent thread than the 2017 announcement)

Arkam

Enjoyed the movie (but hated the ending). Was a very cool concept and great narrative on the need to know ones place (and function) to maintain a functioning society.

Based on the show trailers there’s some shot for shot re-creation from the film. I assume the ending, or the premise of the ending, is completely different as to allow for a longer drawn out series storyline.

Maybe each episode is gonna be a section of the train, as they move up?

Last edited:

Arkam

Based on the show trailers there’s some shot for shot re-creation from the film, I assume the ending, or the premise of the ending, is completely different as to allow for a longer drawn out series storyline.

Maybe each episode is gonna be a section of the train, as they move up?

I would guess its based on the the "previous attacks" from the rear that they mention in the film.

Fbh

Loved the movie but I don't know about this. From the trailer it makes me think it will be a much slower, stretched out and probably worse looking version of the movie.

But I'll look out for impressions around here. Does TNT have a good track record with shows? I still only really know them as that crappy basic cable network that only plays average 15+ years old movies

Sounds like we need to treat it as a separate story?

The big obstacle in turning Bong Joon-ho’s 2003 science-fiction feature Snowpiercer into a TV series is the same one that now faces the Parasite TV adaptation: it’s tough to mess with what ain’t broke.

The TV version’s overall structure remains mostly the same: The train circles the Earth following a disastrous attempt to stop climate change, and its passengers — the so-called “tailies,” and the more privileged third, second, and first-class passengers — live in varying degrees of squalor or opulence. As the years since departure wear on, however, unrest begins to brew. The idea of exploring the train, of seeing each new car, is enticing for the audience, and the series tries to hang onto that feeling for as long as possible by opening each episode with a monologue from a different character, reflecting on life before and after boarding.

In episode 6 at about 20 minutes in the train passes an old station and you can see tracks in the snow so it looks like they are showing that there is still activity on the surface.

Top Bottom