• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, a bit pissed that Demon’s Souls is not on PS4?

Starhowl

No, why should I? I've been playing through the games years ago and the broken archstone hasn't been added, that is, no new content. 🤷‍♂️

Vae_Victis

Banned
People, this is not releasing on PS4. If Sony meant to, they would have made it cross-gen from the start, like Spider-Man MM.

The longer you wait, the more people will have moved from PS4 to PS5. And PS5 was going to be sold-out at launch regardless, by all metrics. The moment to maximize profits on a PS4 versions was now, not in 6 months; it would be a literal waste of money and horrendous financial planning to conciously do things in this order. Which means Sony decided from the get-go this would not come out on PS4.

In regards to PC, who knows one day, but I wouldn't hold my breath. The trailer saying it was coming out on other consoles and PC was a human mistake, that final slide was identical to the one from the Deathloop trailer, so somebody just mixed up the two files in editing. It makes no sense to conciously announce something you know will be unpopular, see it's unpopular, then walk it back in 30 minutes. Just like they didn't walk back Horizon FW coming out on PS4 because people when bitching when it was announced.

Last edited:

Manji Uzuki

Not really. I prefer that they went all out in PS5. Will eventually play it whenever I got the console. I have lot of games pending so no rush for me, specially not for a remake of a game I already played :messenger_grinning:

TheSHEEEP

Gold Member
Don't care about the consoles. Would prefer it on PC.

But then again, my backlog has 70+ games *sigh*, so it's probably a very good thing I won't be able to add it to that list.

sephiroth7x

I don't understand this really. A game was made for the PS5 development in mind and was never expected to land on PS4 so why would it? In the end, they want to sell PS5's and releasing games across the two platforms will no doubt hamper any sales for the PS5. Its business and giving the fans what they want in a one-er.

Rickyiez

Ehh I have an idea OP. Instead of buying a next gen console, you can find a used PS3 and play the original. I bet they are cheap enough for your budget :messenger_winking_tongue:

Roufianos

Sony have given you Miles Morales, TLoU II, Ghost, Final Fantasy, Sackboy and Nioh 2 this year. Excuse them for keeping one game for the new system.

You've known for a year and a half that PS5 was coming and PS4 went out with a hell of a bang so sorry but I have no sympathy.

Demon's Souls is meant to be PS5's technical showcase, no way it would look as good as it does if it was also on PS4.

skneogaf

I'm sure it could be 720p 30fps on ps4 and 1080p 30fps on pro and to be fair I'd be interested in playing it that way as I ain't buying a white ps5 anytime soon.

Exclusives are such a pain in the ass though as I'd love this on pc.

meech

No. It's PS5 exclusive for a reason. Quit with the entitlement.

Lol, its not even semi open world like Horizon Zero Down 2, that will be available on Ps4 too. Its only there to provide a reason to buy the Ps5.But there are no technical reasons for this.

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
Well it is strange that DS is a PS5-only title whereas MM and upcoming HFW are cross-gen, that's an odd decision for sure, especially for such niche title that won't push a single console sold on its own, if anything, they should've made DS a PS4/PS5 title, and MM a PS5 exclusive.

Sorcerer

It was a PS3 game. Doesn't make sense to release it for PS4 along with PS5. Skipping a gen is a better idea in this case.

Yamisan

Not at all, they wanted to make a huge improvement that the ps4 couldn't, ps5 is current gen now, less and less will be coming to ps4.

Considering I’m paying 1300 usd to play one fucking game? Yes, yes I am quite mad actually. I’m seriously not even interested in the shit machine, I just want to play one of my favorite games of all time on a machine that I either 1: don’t have to pay 1300 bucks for; or 2: don’t have to wait until february to play.

Why would you be paying $1300 USD? You looking at scalper prices or something? o_O

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I don't know, I'd be more pissed if they started developing on PS4 and restricted it to that when PS5 was available.
What's the point of bringing a classic into the new generation when launches a generation behind.
Same with the NIER Remake.
Chances are that game is gonna have the same Resolution/performance as NIER Automata
And it's locked to that even on PS5, if they made it on PS5 just think what it would look and run like.

The thing about video games is that they operate in a controlled vacuum. An increase in hardware capabilities will translate to the game technologies. Unless you live in a world where singularity is achieved, video games will continue to leverage the new power for every generation.

Embrace it. Don't hold back potential because you can't play it on your arbitrary standard of a video game system. We need innovation not less.

Justin9mm

Why should a next gen game have to be hampered by the PS4 hardware, there was a vision for Bluepoint to make it as great as it is and they shouldn't have to sacrifice that vision for the OG consoles.. The OG PS4 and Xbox One should just die already!

Fuck cross gen, I don't know why people feel entitled to have every new game release on their 7 year old hardware console. You think new PC games run well on 7 year old hardware?

7 years is a good run. You want to play the new games, upgrade your shit.

Last edited:

taizuke

I think it's important for Demon's Souls to remain PS5 exclusive.

But, at the same time I'm not going to act surprised if Sony puts out a PS4 version eventually. After Horizon FW anything is possible. All they care about is money.

I honestly think more people would enjoy HFW, Superman, or GOW:R to be ps5 exclusives, over demon souls ps5 only. But hey, Jim Ryan knows what he's doing.

MrMephistoX

I’m willing to give folks the benefit of the doubt due to COVID. Sony totally nailed it with Astrobot and Miles + Souls so it’s honestly better than both the PS2, PS3 and PS4 launches to me. I’d argue Cbox last gen had the best lineup with Dead Rising Forza and Killer Instinct and of course the 360 with Kameo, DOA, Perfect Dark and COD and OG Xbox with DOA and Halo.

Last edited:

iHaunter

So people are whining that games are cross-gen and simultaneously that games are not cross-gen.

DeS would look far worse if it was dumbed-down for the PS4. Leave it be.

Kerotan

Sony want you to be mad. They had to make somethings next gen. That's why GT7, Ratchet and Demons are exclusive. Hopefully GOW2 as well.

Ten_Fold

Well you could wait to Black Friday and try to fight the bots, or just pay 900+ for a ps5 and another $70 for demon souls instead of waiting till February/March for one.

Kataploom

Gold Member
LOL @ those saying it's a "full next gen experience"... It definitely seems like they just think this gen is gonna be about graphics (which I don't see how they can't be scalated down anyway in that game)... This is a PS3 game, not that its AI is something a Jagua can't handle

Dolomite

If any game could get away with being a PS5 exclusives it's DS. I wouldn't hold my breath on seeing it arrive on Gen8 until after it's almost an afterthought

Top Bottom